IGNORED

7800 Needed For Development Purposes

kamakazi

Hey everyone!

I'm in a fix. I'm in need of a 7800. My ex literally busted mine in three pieces, must have used a hammer on it. I tried as best as I could to rewire some of the circuits. It came on for about 5 minutes, then died. I'm trying to avoid the ebay thing.

If anyone out there has a spare 7800 console, complete prefered (nothing seemed to survive), I will buy or trade for it. All I need is the console, adapter and one controller.

I have a buddy local that was trying to sell me his for like $40 bucks and is in box and great shape. It is that I don't really like to many games 8bit and under so I passed. If you are interested I can ask him if it is still for sale. Shipping would be $12.50 I think as it should fit into a flat rate box. it me up via PM if interested and I will ask him in the morning as I have to be to work in about 8 hours...

Hey everyone!

I'm in a fix. I'm in need of a 7800. My ex literally busted mine in three pieces, must have used a hammer on it. I tried as best as I could to rewire some of the circuits. It came on for about 5 minutes, then died. I'm trying to avoid the ebay thing.

If anyone out there has a spare 7800 console, complete prefered (nothing seemed to survive), I will buy or trade for it. All I need is the console, adapter and one controller.

got pics?

Sorry, no pics. I got so danged mad that I just threw it away. I don't own a digital camera anyway. but the board was busted in three pieces literally, the case, well...there wasn't one when she got done with it. She finally told me today when I asked her about it, she drove over it so she says.

The main processor popped when I tried to do a power on test. Thank god I did grab my Lynx before I left her or it would have probably ended up the same way.

The only parts I did manage to salvage were the two joystick ports...they some how managed to avoid getting damaged. Some of the 7800's operation switches (internal) seemed to have survived as well. Other than that, all chip tests showed that not a single chip was good. But now that I'm seriously wanting to learn how to develop games for one, I'm in need of one.

I think that I'll just order one from Best Electronics when funds allow...seems to be my best answer. Trust me, the looks of mine afterwards was just painful to see considering that my deceased mother got it for me for christmas when they first came out. It didn't have a scratch on it. Looks like I'll have to just order a reconditioned one.

send a pm to Iggn1a, he usually has something around at a non ebay price. And he tests everything before shipping

you could also try atari2600.com tested restored and a 30 day warranty

I have bought from both on several occations and can highly recommend them

I found out what you meant by dangerous...it's downright SICK! I've found way too much stuff on there that I want...including the NES systems still in the box!! His prices are by far the cheapest I've found yet! I'm trying to contact him now on the 7800...just waiting for a reply (hope it's soon!).

Thanks to all for helping me find a 7800...I'm happy with the results I've found.

While I'm at it...anyone interested in an Apple IIc with monochrome monitor and a few programs? I've got one and don't really use it...wasn't much of an Apple fan. It's discolored some but works like new. PM me if interested.