IGNORED

Sega Master System HSC previous rounds

From the back of the box:

You were a Roman Centurion. You died bravely in battle. Now, a hundred years later, you have been called back from the grave by Zeus, God of Thunder. Even as he grants you new life he gives you a mission. You must rescue his daughter Athena from the evil clutches of Neff; Lord of the Underworld. From the surface to the very heart of the Underworld you must journey, fighting Neff's undead army every step of the way! Zombies, demons, gargoyles, three-headed Wolves. But in this life you have been given an edge...the power to transform into magical beasts of awesome power! From a man to a superman...to a werewolf, were-dragon, were-tiger and the ultimate...a Golden Wolf! Each form has supernatural abilities. You'll need them all...for Neff is a fearsome enemy. Fail, and Athena's fate will be unspeakable. Win...and you may take a place in the Pantheon of Immortality! Remember...Never say die!

Challenge: ?? Can't think of a good challenge.

Overall Standings:

1. PressureCooker2600 +59

NintendoDieScreaming +59

2. Blackjack +43

3. LarcenTyler +33

4. 8th lutz +25

5. user42 +22

6. davepesc +19

7. Artlover +18

Game on!!! Contest over on Thursday 10-11 am CT.

For some reason this doesn't work with Dega.

I know it sounds like a stupid mistake to make, but make sure you aren't trying to load the Genesis/Megadrive Altered Beast instead of the Master System Altered Beast. Most SMS emulators also emulate Game Gear games, so make sure you aren't trying to play the Game Gear version.

If I could've found my cartridge, I woulda really whooped ya! ;) :D

I used to routinely get to the last level when I played on my SMS.......playing this game on an emulator is kind of annoying, especially with the jumping.

I usually never have a problem playing games on emulator, as I have all the way up until this point. This is the only game I just flat-out can't play on an emulator.

In a city destroyed by war and crime, you count on each other to survive! You are Billy and Jimmy Lee, the twins they call the Spike and the Hammer. When it comes to martial arts, you're both street lethal. Leaping kicks. Knee smashes. Judo throws. You are the masters. Now get ready for the biggest battle of all. The Black Warriors, meanest gang in the city, has kidnapped Jimmy's girlfriend Mary Ann. She's the bait they're using to lure you onto their turf. You're going to get her back...and take care of the Black Warriors' gang once and for all! It's going to take every fighting skill you have. And if you make it to the headquarters of the Black Warriors, you'll face the greatest surprise of all, the leader of the gang!

Challenge: Beat the game in one life. :cool:

Overall Standings:

1. PressureCooker2600 +70

2. NintendoDieScreaming +69

3. Blackjack +43

4. LarcenTyler +33

5. 8th lutz +25

6. user42 +22

7. davepesc +19

8. Artlover +18

Game on!!! Contest is over on Thursday 10-11 am CT!!!

Alright, I truely will try my best to compete this time since I do own this game. Anyone own the Genesis version?

And yes, I own the Genesis version. Although it was kind of released too little too late since it came out in the early 1990s. The game itself is very faithful to the arcade game in terms of graphics and stage layout. You can have up to 2, 4, or 6 lives and continues for each game, which can make it easy or hard for you, whatever you choose. Unfortunately, the Genesis's sound system really hurts the music and special effects.

I look at the SMS version of this game and I realize it's pretty much the same as the NES version, except with enhanced colors and the regular stage layouts, not to mention the ability to play with two people at once. What was Tradewest thinking when they made that version for the NES? And slapping 'You'll never have to stand in line to play Double Dragon again!' on their ads? That was nothing like the arcade version. Even the Atari 7800 version was better, but at least the NES version isn't the worst. Nope, that (dis)honor goes to the Atari 2600 version.

You got that right. I can't even get past two screens on that version. :x

It's barely possible to get past the first level if you time your jump kicks and elbow punches right, but that's only if you have the patience and nerve for this game. At least the NES version was playable. The Atari 7800 version felt like the Atari 2600 version with enhanced graphics and two button control, but it's still not easy.

I never liked the SMS version of Hang-On, because you don't hear the theme during gameplay, and the three-gear shift feels unlike the original. I always liked the arcade version better because of the classic theme playing throughout the race, whoever composed that is a genius.

Another guilty pleasure I have is I always enjoy coming up with creative curses whenever I crash in the arcade version. ;)

A spooky romp through Count Dracula's incredible haunted house. You're Mick. And the good news is that your grandfather just told you that you're to inherit the family jewels. A flashy collection of diamonds, rubies, sapphires, even opals. All yours. The bad news is that they're hidden inside Count Dracula's mansion. They have been for years. First, you have to wipe out the bats, Draculas, and eventually their annoying henchman. Then, you have to find the hidden keys and passageways that should lead to your family's long lost treasure. Ghoul luck- you'll need it.

Challenge: Beat every single house. I've never done it before, but I'm sure it's possible.

Overall Standings:

1. PressureCooker2600 +81

2. NintendoDieScreaming +69

3. Blackjack +43

LarcenTyler +43

4. 8th lutz +25

5. user42 +22

6. davepesc +19

7. Artlover +18

Game On!!! Contest ends on Thursday 10-11 am CT!!!