IGNORED

Calling All Artists! Draw Up My Design And Win $25 Bucks!

Shawn

Hey,

I'm getting a half sleeve tattoo done soon and I need an artist to help me along the way. The tattoo is gonna go from my wrist to my elbow and cover that whole part of my arm. I'm looking for a collage of all these dudes from my childhood memories all wrapped into one cool pic. should be 13 inches long by about 6 or 7 inches wide (I *think* that should be wide enough) as it's gonna be wrapped around my arm when it's used as a stencle. Winner (if anyone even enters and if I like the art) will get a $25 gift certificate for atariage, atariservice or ebay (winner pics which) or heck even just cash if you prefer.

must include:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man w/ orko

Skeletor

Skeletor

Spiderman

wolverine

The ninja turles

Shredder

Rainbow Bright riding a my little pony (rainbow unicorn one)

Batman

Robin

Joker

Papa Smurf

Generic Smurf

Smurfette

Gargamel & Azreal

Pinochio w/Gimini Cricket

Fred Flintstone

great kazoo

Barney Rubble

Ragady Anne & Andy

scooby doo & shaggy

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Captian America

Attached are some pics of the charactors to go from as an idea fo what style of them I like as we all know every charactor has been drawn a million different ways over the years. Background landscape is open to idea's. I was thinking of kinda having like a croud of people solcializing. Wanna keep it to brighter colors when possible also.

th_250px-Skeletor-spoo.jpgth_Batman.jpgth_BatmanAndRobinLPBack.jpgth_Batman_joker_tv.jpgth_Gargamel_and_Azrael_from_the_Smurfs.jpgth_RaggedyAnn_Andy_Pair.jpgth_RainbowBright.jpg

th_Shredder.pngth_fredbarney.jpgth_heman_orko.jpgth_hulkopen2.jpg

th_kazoo.jpgth_mylittlepony.jpgth_papa_smurf.jpgth_poze-poze-cu-pinochio-01-57.jpgth_scooby-doo-03_gif.jpg

th_smurfette.jpgth_smurfs.jpgth_spiderman_.jpg

th_superman012406.jpgth_thor-780914.jpgth_tmnt2.jpgth_wolverine1.jpgth_csoptimusprime.jpgth_megatron.jpg

Can't wait to see if anyone take on this challange.

Shawn

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Can we also help pick out the design of the jewelry you'll use for your next scrotum piercing?

I would never pierce down town, that is a very dirty piercing as it never properly heals and I like the idea of pissin' out of one hole not 2...lol.. But in all seriousness I was hoping one of the many talanted graphic artists here at AA might take a shot at drawing this up for me. It's a long shot but what the heck! Doesn't hurt to try :)

Tattoos are a form of personal expression. Without that, you don't have much of anything.

Redraw responsibly.

Very true, sometimes the image in your mind doesn't come out so well when you try to put it to the canvas though. Hense why I think it's best to sometimes share your idea to the best of your ability and have an artist embelish on it to make your mental image come to life. Growing up in the 80's these charactors brought me alot of joy reading their books, watching the shows and playing with the toys.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I haven't picked up a sketch pad in years because of... anyway for you I can. I'll need a bit of time but if you can shoot me a pm with details about any specific order you might want, who I could just do faces of and who you want as complete as possible. I want to include details about you in there as well. Even as simple as nationality, personality quirks, and kids favorite stuff should be included so you'll truly own it, imo at least. I don't don't want it to look like a cluster eff though so there should be flow to the design. Plus it might need placement tweaking here and there to get it just right especially once it's actually wrapped around your arm. I'll check with a few people I know who do inkwork as well.

Good sleeves should catch you at first glance then suck you in as smaller stuff starts to emerge. The trick is keeping it open enough so that the bleeding and fading that will happen with time doesn't muddy it. Unless you'd prefer a rainbow brite backround with butterflies and rainbows, lmfao. :twisted:

Can't promise but I'd really love to give it a try. It's been a long while since someone got inked with my stuff. And holy crap it's an honor for anyone's design since it'll be there a lifetime.

should be 13 inches long by about 6 or 7 inches wide

must include:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man w/ orko

Skeletor

Skeletor

Spiderman

wolverine

The ninja turles

Shredder

Batman

Robin

Joker

Papa Smurf

Generic Smurf

Smurfette

Gargamel & Azreal

Fred Flintstone

great kazoo

Barney Rubble

Ragady Anne & Andy

scooby doo & shaggy

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Captian America

Thats quite a few items to fit in that small of a space. I think you would be sacrificing quality for quanity. If I were you I would narrow it way down, probably by half, it would look cooler :)

must include:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man w/ orko

Skeletor

Skeletor

Spiderman

wolverine

The ninja turles

Shredder

Batman

Robin

Joker

Papa Smurf

Generic Smurf

Smurfette

Gargamel & Azreal

Fred Flintstone

great kazoo

Barney Rubble

Ragady Anne & Andy

scooby doo & shaggy

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Captian America

Thats quite a few items to fit in that small of a space. I think you would be sacrificing quality for quanity. If I were you I would narrow it way down, probably by half, it would look cooler :)

Nope not at all, the one artist who expressed intrest is very able and my tattoo artist is of the best so I see this working out very well. But if I gotta cut dudes off the list so be it. Thats what I got another arm for :cool: :P

must include:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man w/ orko

Skeletor

Skeletor

Spiderman

wolverine

The ninja turles

Shredder

Batman

Robin

Joker

Papa Smurf

Generic Smurf

Smurfette

Gargamel & Azreal

Fred Flintstone

great kazoo

Barney Rubble

Ragady Anne & Andy

scooby doo & shaggy

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Captian America

I diddo that, That ALOT of stuff. I would of turned you away from my shop if you came in with that much stuff for your arm. Maybe your back.

Please narrow it down just alittle.

revised list of dudes:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man

Skeletor

donatello (ninja turtle)

Shredder

Batman

Joker

Generic Smurf (as hulks "teddy bear")

Ragady Anne & Andy

Great Kazoo

Optimus Prime

Megatron

This should make it so dudes can be bigger. These are my true favorites as ya, my original list was a little too tall of an order.

revised list of dudes:

Incredible Hulk

Thor

He-man

Skeletor

donatello (ninja turtle)

Shredder

Batman

Joker

Generic Smurf (as hulks "teddy bear")

Ragady Anne & Andy

Great Kazoo

Optimus Prime

Megatron

This should make it so dudes can be bigger. These are my true favorites as ya, my original list was a little too tall of an order.

I have a Fred Flintstone Tat :)

Red vs. Blue PSA #3: Tattoo Point-Counterpoint

:P

Church's Bulleted list:

• Tattoos are permanent.
  • You are a god damn idiot.

:lolblue:

I'm a real idiot I guess cause I'm damn near covered in tattoo's. Just working on getting rid of the "damn near" so I'm just plain ol' covered in tattoos. Body art is a way to express yourself which I really like. That video is funny as the stuff I'm currently looking to get tattoo's of all the stuff I liked not only 10 years ago but 20 years ago also. I'm not the kinda person who changes so I don't have to worry about not liking the tattoo in another decade as my likes will always be the same.

I'm not the kinda person who changes so I don't have to worry about not liking the tattoo in another decade as my likes will always be the same.

I liked the Reaper I got on my arm a lot more 15 years ago then I do now, but then again my options were limited. It was an amatuer starting out and all he could do was flowers or the reaper so I chose accordingly :D

Body art is a way to express yourself which I really like.

Talking and sign language are two great ways you can express yourself, but if I couldn't talk and had no arms or legs, I'd get two tattoos. One on my chest with an arrow pointing to my mouth that says "please feed me" and one on my back with an arrow pointing to my ass that says "please wipe me."

Talking and sign language are two great ways you can express yourself, but if I couldn't talk and had no arms or legs, I'd get two tattoos. One on my chest with an arrow pointing to my mouth that says "please feed me" and one on my back with an arrow pointing to my ass that says "please wipe me."

Another philosopycal "dead end"! :twisted:

If I was in that kinda shape I would hope someone loved me enough to pull the plug :ponder:

I myself am not a huge tat fan, but to each his own. But one of the guys I used to work with a few years ago had a pretty neat setup of tats, he was pretty covered also. But regardless of the reason I am typing this is he did something somewhat similiar to what your doing I think. He had a full sleeve done on his left arm and he had it setup so it was silmiliar to some of the tribal stuff you see but the black lines and designs were thin with almost like inch by inch jagged windows and in each he had a headshot of the characters he wanted, Prime, Shredder, Superman, Spider Man, Justice league guys and what not. It looked almost like a warped and twisted comic book page. I personally wouldn't get it done but I always thought if I had a gun to my head and had to get one it would be similiar to that as I thought it looked pretty sweet......

Anyway just throwing that out there. Good luck and I'm sure whatever Chicky designs it will look wicked. :cool:

Edited by brucebidder

I'm not the kinda person who changes so I don't have to worry about not liking the tattoo in another decade as my likes will always be the same.

I liked the Reaper I got on my arm a lot more 15 years ago then I do now, but then again my options were limited. It was an amatuer starting out and all he could do was flowers or the reaper so I chose accordingly :D

I'm not a tattoo person myself, but I must say, if I was going to have one, I wouldn't go to an amatuer with limited artistic skills. :ponder:

Edited by Artlover

I'm not a tattoo person myself, but I must say, if I was going to have one, I wouldn't go to an amatuer with limited artistic skills. :ponder:

yep thats the absolute last word you want to hear when getting a tattoo is "amature". amature = shitty. That mistake cost me ALOT of money as years ago I got a few "amature" tattoo artists to tattoo a few peices and in the end I just had to get a pro to fix them anyhow.

yep thats the absolute last word you want to hear when getting a tattoo is "amature". amature = shitty. That mistake cost me ALOT of money as years ago I got a few "amature" tattoo artists to tattoo a few peices and in the end I just had to get a pro to fix them anyhow.

Don't get me wrong, I think he did a great job, I just would have chose something a little better then the reaper if I could do it over. The reaper was a lot cooler as a teenager, now it's just a little cheesy. Not a bad deal for $60 though if you ask me..

post-9102-1220277021_thumb.jpg