IGNORED

Bubsy Bobcat Fan Blog - The (basically) complete Bubsy Collection

RSS Bot

With the arrival of Super Bubsy last night, I feel my Bubsy Bobcat collection is basically complete...

blogentry-4709-1219931954_thumb.jpg

//

As you can see, I've picked up where he has shown up on the covers of magazines, I have the playing guides... (isn't it great that God gives life so we can blow on stuff like this...LOL!)

blogentry-4709-1219931958_thumb.jpg

//

I have all the Bubsy games across the platforms...

Bubsy (1) -Genesis, SNES, PC (Super Bubsy)

Bubsy (2) - Genesis, SNES, Gameboy

Bubsy (3) - Jaguar

Bubsy 3D - Playstation

Bubsy spanned SIX platforms in the end! Not bad.

And so I have all the games, the books, magazines, and the stuffed animal... oh wait, that was a fun story. Really as best I can tell there was never a Bubsy stuffed animal. There was a shirt given away with the early release of Bubsy (have given up on finding that, though I am making one, more later) but no stuff animal. So I decided if other mascot collections have a stuffed animal, so should mine. So I worked to make one. :D

Making a Bubsy Bobcat stuffed animal

blogentry-4709-1219931856_thumb.jpg

//

Here we have the Lion in a Bubsy Bobcat shirt I made. Cute enough, needs some touches.

blogentry-4709-1219931897_thumb.jpg

//

Started with sewing the legs so they stayed down. I am taking a stuffed animal that was on all fours to stand on two and well, in the end it worked out well that way.

blogentry-4709-1219931902_thumb.jpg

//

Next sewed the head so it came forward.

blogentry-4709-1219931911_thumb.jpg

//

Modified the Lion tail to a Bobcat tail. Also took off the wiskers since Bubsy doesn't have wiskers in any of his pictures. Odd I know...

blogentry-4709-1219931916_thumb.jpg

//

Groomed the fur on the face to bring out the eyes and other expressions. Did a lot of grooming. Also colored the nose from pink to black.

blogentry-4709-1219931929_thumb.jpg

//

Took bits of the tail I removed and used them for eyelids. Also brought one of the arms down a bit.

blogentry-4709-1219931934_thumb.jpg

//

Took more of that tail I removed and added the material to the ears to make them longer. I think the result is good, starting to thing of it, I might want to move the ears to the top of the head more at a later date. But still not bad. And then I trimmed the furr on the top of his head to bring out the wiff of hair (mohawk) that he has in the middle of his head.

blogentry-4709-1219931944_thumb.jpg

//

Added the shirt and hey... kinda a cute little fella. I think he is probably more of a Bobcat cub, but hey the younger look of game characters work when you're talking stuffed animal form.

blogentry-4709-1219931948_thumb.jpg

//

The stuffed animal looks a lot like the Japanese Bubsy with the ears more spreadout, and short legs... kinda the anime version. Really needs large cartoon ears and teeth, maybe I can rob those off a looney toones character somewhere next time I go to a flea market. But I think this was not bad, and I'm satisfied to have a Bubsy stuffed animal in the collection.

blogentry-4709-1219931969_thumb.jpg

//

Coming up next, me making the last "needed" part of the Bubsy collection, the Bubsy shirt that I'm making for AnimeFest this weekend....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5222