IGNORED

The Top 50 - The Great ST Game Survey

StickHead

The top 50 is now being published! Have a look here:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14766

I will be posting five at a time, so come back from time to time!

Enjoy!

Stickhead

damn i'm too late to add my vote!

funny thing i was just playing Rainbow Islands tonight.

great little game! it was my first time playing it.

-rick

ohh and thanks for the list.. i look forward to the rest.

Cheers Zep, sorry you missed the deadline but glad you're enjoying the list.

#45-41 are now up!

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14766

Again, thanks for the list. It brings back many memories of both of my old ST's.

I remember playing demo's of Stardust and Cannon Fodder. Both are great!

I owned one of the Phantasie games back in the day. Still can't remember which one.

I think i played Rouge allot more..

ohh and Bloodwych, I know I played that one, another coverdisk demo? i'm not sure.

So far, on your list, this is what i had back in the day:

only Pirates! and one of the Phantasie games...

I guess I'll have to see what the next 5 games brings....

-rick

Ahhhhh..... Time Bandit. The very first ST game I ever played.

Brings me back to the day I dumped $1,000 on my shiny new 520ST, external floppy drive

and Color monitor along with Time Bandit and DEGAS. I ended up drawing more in

Degas then play the time bandit game! :D

-rick

seeing the lemmings game brings another story...

This was the best... I was at my local walden bookstore reading the latest issue of

STart magazine.. when a total stranger walked up to me and said something like:

Wow, an Atari user, what system do you have?... anyways we talked a few mins....

I was about to say good bye and he stopped me... gave me his business card.

He worked for Psygnosis! I still have the card to this day! So he told me to give him

a buzz on the phone and he'd "hook" me up.

So I did, and a few short weeks later he sent me 3 games! Lemmings, Leander and Barbarian!

Sooo cool!

-rick

Brings me back to the day I dumped $1,000 on my shiny new 520ST, external floppy drive

-rick

Hmm, I gotta ask - those prices seem kinda high.

I bought a 520ST, ext floppy drive, and SC1224 monitor when they all first came out

from a place called CDW (IIRC) and the total price was something like $800... Just

wondering and curious...

-rick

I bought a 520ST, ext floppy drive, and SC1224 monitor when they all first came out

from a place called CDW (IIRC) and the total price was something like $800... Just

wondering and curious...

Got mine from Electronics Boutique in a local mall.

520ST, DS/DD Floppy Drive, SC1224 color monitor, about $800+

Degas and Time Bandit, about $100

Tax on all of the above @ 5 percent. about $50

Yup that's really close to $1,000! :D

-rick

Edited by Zeptari1

-rick

wondering and curious...

Hey DL that was $800 including shipping?

-rick

wondering and curious...

Got mine from Electronics Boutique in a local mall.

520ST, DS/DD Floppy Drive, SC1224 color monitor, about $800+

Degas and Time Bandit, about $100

Tax on all of the above @ 5 percent. about $50

Yup that's really close to $1,000! :D

-rick

I got mine at an Electronics Boutique as well. I think my 520ST was about $420 by itself.

Makes me chuckle to think about how much the ST cost back in the day, and the power of computer you could buy with that money now!

#15-11 now up!

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f...=128914#p128914

So true, but ya know.. Nothing today give me that good Atari thrill that the ST did. I would pay much more for that excitement again. Fun reliving the fun ST games I had forgotten. We were a dealer for Atari back in the day and we were so busy selling stuff there wasnt enough time for Play. I do remember Starglider playing all day. That game sold tons of ST's!

Makes me chuckle to think about how much the ST cost back in the day, and the power of computer you could buy with that money now!

#15-11 now up!

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f...=128914#p128914

So true, but ya know.. Nothing today give me that good Atari thrill that the ST did. I would pay much more for that excitement again. Fun reliving the fun ST games I had forgotten. We were a dealer for Atari back in the day and we were so busy selling stuff there wasnt enough time for Play. I do remember Starglider playing all day. That game sold tons of ST's!

From Captive #12 on the list:

" Captive procedurally generates each level you visit, allowing the game to have 64,000 levels without requiring a hefty memory upgrade. So even after the Captive is freed, there is plenty more to see and do. "

Wow procedurally generates levels! It's Spore's great grandfather! I pretty sure that's how Will Wrights new

Spore game generates it's creature graphics, planets and music. I know talking about this game in this forum is off topic, But this is a PC game that's given me the "magic" that the ST used too.

ohh and Starglider.... I remember booting up that game just to listen to the intro music...

-rick

I waited for my 1st 520st forever it felt like - we had an actual ATARI Dealer here and when it came in I got my 520 with a Monochrome Monitor for $499 I believe. It was about a year later I got the color monitor and a DS Disc Drive. I was into Desktop Publishing and the Mono monitor was A+ for that! Games came later too - Star Trek REBEL UNIVERSE was my 1st game. DEGAS was cool - I remember telling the guys at the store a few weeks after after buying DEGAS ELITE that "I STILL CAN'T DRAW ANYTHING..." - hehe - they told me that if I couldn't draw before I bought it that it wouldn't "make me an artist"... ;) I loved my ST to death. Finally did the memory upgrade (expensive and soldering involved too) and ran CALAMUS and PAGESTREAM 1.8. My next was a 1040 STE, and finally a Mega 4.

Top Ten time!!!!!

click this you mothers... http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f...=130098#p130098

I must be missing something.. I only see 10 thru 6.

Anyways i played Elite way after it came out... I got it used with a second used ST I picked up.

It's to bad it didn't come with a manual. I never did figure the game out. The idea is outstanding...

I just didn't have a clue what to do. Is there a modern game like this on the PC?

The only game I played on 10 thru 6 was IK+.. great game! I remember the movement of the fighters being really smooth

and very playable... fun stuff!

-rick