IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection (ColecoVision) completed. Going beta test

opcode

Ok, here is a hint: this trick will reveal who really created Pac-Man and works with all 3 games.

Shouldn't this kind of information be displayed on the PMC sub-page of the Opcode web site? Either direct instructions on how to access these Easter eggs (or whatever you want to call them) or clues, but I think PMC has been available long enough to warrant such an disclosure of information. :)

Ok, here is a hint: this trick will reveal who really created Pac-Man and works with all 3 games.

Shouldn't this kind of information be displayed on the PMC sub-page of the Opcode web site? Either direct instructions on how to access these Easter eggs (or whatever you want to call them) or clues, but I think PMC has been available long enough to warrant such an disclosure of information. :)

The problem is, I don't remember the sequence anymore. Perhaps you or ten-four still remember it? It was quite complicated...

The problem is, I don't remember the sequence anymore. Perhaps you or ten-four still remember it? It was quite complicated...

Can you not look it up in the source code?

I don't believe you're asking me to go check the source... I am lazy today, it is holiday eve here... :P

Ok... here is the sequence...

Select any game from the main menu.

As soon as the grip shows up, press and hold "*" on the keypad #2.

Now press "2" on keypad #1 while still holding "*", then release "*" and press it again about a half second later.

The grid should freeze on screen now. If it didn't, repeat the process.

Now using the joystick#1, push forward 4 times, right 4 times, back 4 times, left 4 times. Do it slowly, like a half second between pushes.

Something should appear...

• Like 3

I'd never seen it either until looking for Pac Man tricks and Easter Eggs. :) ...Wasn't sure if it would work on the CV or not-- but I'm guessing not at this point! I can't get the Orange ghost to come out while he's blue! :)

I'd never seen it either until looking for Pac Man tricks and Easter Eggs. :) ...Wasn't sure if it would work on the CV or not-- but I'm guessing not at this point! I can't get the Orange ghost to come out while he's blue! :)

Have you tried on MAME, because I think the ghost behavior shouldn't be a problem with the CV version. My concern is that the orange ghost rolls over the screen, that could be a problem with my version because my screen layout is a bit different in the non-playable portion of the screen.

If someone can explain how to do that on MAME I can try to reproduce on PMC.

Have you tried on MAME, because I think the ghost behavior shouldn't be a problem with the CV version. My concern is that the orange ghost rolls over the screen, that could be a problem with my version because my screen layout is a bit different in the non-playable portion of the screen.

Hi :)

I've tried the trick in my PMC like Murpf74 showed via a youTube link.

After i eat the ghost, my ghost (light red) disapear from the screen, and came up from the middle buttom of the screen.

The ghost move up and and find a place again to move from.

Edited by ten-four

Hi :)

I've tried the trick in my PMC like Murpf74 showed via a youTube link.

After i eat the ghost, my ghost (light red) disapear from the screen, and came up from the middle buttom of the screen.

The ghost move up and and find a place again to move from.

Ha! So it kind of works, I told you! :P

Thanks, Ole! :thumbsup:

Interesting! I've tried 15 or 20 times, and can't get the light red/orange ghost out of the box... I tried using the same 'pattern' as in the video, on both USA and Japan versions. But glad to know it works! I'll keep trying from time to time just to see if I can replicate it!

• 1 year later...

Pac-Man Collection down to 10 copies. That means approximately 290 copies of the game were sold.

Don't you know that it's frowned upon to resurrect old threads. :grin:

All kidding aside, that is an incredible number for a Homebrew especially considering the ColecoVision has a lot smaller following. Congrats.

Pac-Man Collection down to 10 copies. That means approximately 290 copies of the game were sold.

Don't you know that it's frowned upon to resurrect old threads. :grin:

All kidding aside, that is an incredible number for a Homebrew especially considering the ColecoVision has a lot smaller following. Congrats.

Actually I just found out that the game is down to 10 copies. I had no idea it had already sold that many.

AARGH! I am in Paypal hell. I wanted to order one before they are gone but......I am on vacation, and now Paypal wants to verify my account by calling me at home at my home number..

But, I am not at home, so they can't call me. Now my Paypal is locked.

They must not recognize the IP I am using, so they locked my account????

I hope there are some still left when I get home this weekend.

Edited by Bartsfam

AARGH! I am in Paypal hell. I wanted to order one before they are gone but......I am on vacation, and now Paypal wants to verify my account by calling me at home at my home number..

But, I am not at home, so they can't call me. Now my Paypal is locked.

They must not recognize the IP I am using, so they locked my account????

I hope there are some still left when I get home this weekend.

Call Paypal, they will help you get this resolved.