IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection (ColecoVision) completed. Going beta test

opcode

OMG, the guys is a scribe!!

I must be careful with what I post here.... :ponder:

If you only knew! :P But really, I'm more of a Copy & Paster.

Anyway, in the coming weeks I should have an early X-Mas gift for all the CV & ADAM fans out there... just so much stuff to sort through and document properly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you, Eduardo, for providing this game for those that missed all the chances to buy the physical cartridge. I'd save up and pay ya just for the principle of it, but may also have to get a flash cart now if one can even support MegaCart.

The Atarimax Ultimate SD Colecovision cartridge supports Megacart. Is the one I've used for testing Princess Quest (256K) and Mecha Eight (128K)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a little late finding this as I don't normally follow the CV forum, but thank you so much for releasing the rom.

I'm not so big of a CV fan although I do go through phases where I take it out and keep it hooked up for a few weeks every now and again.

This Pac-Man Collection and the Space Invaders Collection are FANTASTIC. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I thought the owners were allowed to share the files for those.

Well there is nothing stopping them from sharing but it would be bad form for not only their investment but also for their fellow owners that have those carts.

Now sharing with a friend is way different then say posting them somewhere for everyone to get.

Well there is nothing stopping them from sharing but it would be bad form for not only their investment but also for their fellow owners that have those carts.

SOS CATerpillar rom file has been released, do you really think it affected the value of the original?

Nah, not at all , even if people have the rom, or reproduction, the original still have its value

This is indeed why we don't see much prototypes released, people like to think it affect the value of a prototype by releasing the rom file

And there is plenty of example to look at wich proove they kept their value

Now sharing with a friend is way different then say posting them somewhere for everyone to get.

I agree with this when it comes to homebrews

I don't mind , and I know for fact there is some CollectorVision rom files shared between members

Really, I don't mind as long as people do not try to make cartridge(s) out of them or mass distributing the roms

There is plenty of trustfull members here wich I don't mind if they have CollectorVision roms

Anyway, who play with the real deal? I mean, I don't want to crushed boxes, scratch labels etc..

So I always use the SD Cart, .... It's just more coveniant

although, I NEED THE REAL DEAL!!!

I NEED to OWN physical copy of the game itself

Anyway, I'm going elsewhere with the subject.... :)

• Like 2

I agree 100% with what J-F just stated. In the case of S.O.S. Caterpillar, it was members of the CV Brotherhood who ponied up the money to acquire the original cartridge from it's owner and we all agreed that the game should be shared with EVERYONE else through a CIB release by CollectorVision as well as the rom image file shared once all the CIBs were sold... which it has been as well. It's the right thing to do afterall.

In the case of a physical prototype or unreleased cartridge, I can respect one's feelings as to not wanting to share it with the community either through a CIB or rom dump release, but I certainly do not agree with this thinking especially after 30 some odd years have passed and that old excuse of affecting the value is a tired one. It's a shame to think of all the CV & ADAM enthusiasts that have moved on in one way, shape or form and will never be able to enjoy the excitemet of seeing, playing and enjoying some of these titles on their system and I certainly hope that I'm around long enough to one day be able to experience all these CV treasures that are still being withheld from the CV masses all around the world.

Ah, one can hope and dream that the right thing will be done eventually.

• Like 1

Anyway concerning Opcode's "prototype" , you can play the games on MSX or SG1000.

and if you really want them on coleco, i bet you can find somebody that convert them to coleco for you. (for few $)

He-man, pink panther and the others...that's different that would be wonderfull if we can have a rom or a cartridge release. :)

• 4 weeks later...

A coleco emu with the OpCode mod must be made as BlueMSX failed to do that job

BlueMSX emulates everything concerning the ColecoVision (ie: bankswitching MegaCart PCB) with the exception of the Opcode Super Game Module... and I wouldn't doubt that there is a private version that supports the S.G.M. as well. Pac-Man Collection does not require the S.G.M.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a walk-thru of setting it up (complete with screen shots)...I just did this a few days ago for a friend of mine who couldn't figure it out either.

I can't get the PMC rom I downloaded here to work in BlueMSX either, and I can get every other CV game to work with no problems. Is the PMC rom link file corrupted?