I have a Mod Idea and I Need Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 A2600 OFFLINE  

Bryan G.

• 2,650 posts
  • Dreaming... of more NES

Posted Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:20 PM

I have this crazy idea to put a Game Boy SP into an Original Game Boy Case, I would not need the extra L & R buttons and the only things that would need to be done is relocate the cart slot to where the one for the Original Game Boy is and I think just move the A/C port to where the original game boy has its EXT port, I only want this to play Original GB games I dont care if I lose the GBA compatibility.

Here are some pictures of the idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Id be willing to swindle any generous amount of greens you need for this project and supply you with both the SP and the Game Boy

#2 zeropolis79 OFFLINE  

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts
  • The Wind Waker

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:42 PM

Well, looking at it, it wouldn't seem to be too tricky, although why you would want to put turn a original GB into a GBA SP compatiable machine, unless you want to take advantage of the new screen.

I'll have to see if I can get hold of a spare GB (they turn up cheap over the car boot sale enough. Doesn't matter if it doesn't work.. Will also have to find a SP to use (I don't really want to dismantle our only SP for research).

If such a job seems feasable, I'll see if I can do it for you.

#3 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 12,116 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:04 PM

The guys over at these forums do all kinds of stuff like this
They would probably do it for you (for a price of course) or they will help you do it yourself ;)

• 331 posts
  • A Chavy Gamer.

Posted Fri May 1, 2009 3:37 PM

Lol, sure, send me a box of 2 portable consoles & money. :D

#5 nathanallan OFFLINE  

• 5,605 posts

Posted Fri May 1, 2009 7:46 PM

Working on one of these myself. Looking for a beater SP that's in bad condition but works, and I have a broken Gameboy to retrofit it all into. Finding a cheap-o beater SP is proving a challenge, though.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users