IGNORED

Pier Solar - New SEGA Genesis game

WIZZARD77

Well, the latest prototype I have lying around here seems to work in 10 Mhz as it seems....but I have just tested starting it, and I can´t tell for sure. Don´t you have a switc to change the clockspeed to standard again?

I'm asking for future reference, as my Genesis is not yet overclocked. It will have that switch and I wanted to know if anything would change if I was to forget to clock it back down again. If your demo runs fine, then it ought to run fine. And like you said, it can be switched back down to stock if necessary.

Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

Snazzy! I read at sega-16 that there is an extra place for the CD, which is nice. I was gonna ask about it.

I kinda like to print off my own covers for games since I hardly ever get boxed ones. The CD will get a custom DVD case and the cart will get the same treatment.

The original cardboard box will get preserved, as it's still a nice box. What's with the little flap, though?

Nathan

what's the deal with the artist that didn't sign on, and the redoing of his artwork?

I don't really want the drama, I'm just curious if any of the art in the demo has had to be redone because of it.

also are there any ballpark figures about number of unique enemies, town etc, that are okay to pass along to us?

Edited by Reaperman

@nathanallan

Well, the flap is (I guess) for the manual; the manual will be integated between the flap and the place for the CD you see. So it cannot be removed.

As for the printing, you are of course free to do so, but you should know that we will use some extra-cool printing effects that you can not recreate at home.

@Reaperman

Yeah, the demo did contain some of his stuff, like the little robot Lossa, the magic/attack effects or the boss in the cave I believe.

I can´t give you any figures about the content, sorry. Mainly because I don´t know. :D

I cant get on the Pier Solar site!

I told a buddy about it, and how I preordered mine, so he was all like let me see maybe I'll get one too!

and...Nothing! the forums are gone too...

I hope its just getting some "revamp time"

When was this getting released again?

I cant get on the Pier Solar site!

I told a buddy about it, and how I preordered mine, so he was all like let me see maybe I'll get one too!

and...Nothing! the forums are gone too...

I hope its just getting some "revamp time"

When was this getting released again?

Seems to be working okay now. Release date from their website is December 24, 2008 (can't wait to get mine!) :)

Haha, don´t worry, we won´t just disappear into thin air. A few of us are quite well known in the Sega-fanbase, with Zebbe being a staff member of Sega-16, me being one of the top posters there and and Fonzie being very well known in the coding scene. It´s not like we were a bunch nobody ever heard of and drop off the face of the earth; especially since our real names and locations are known.^^

The website may have been down a while, I didn´t know; maybe connection only failed from the US or something. But that happens once in a while, no need to worry. :)

well according to an email, the game's been officially pushed back. I'm bummed (since I ordered genesis-modding parts today) but I'd rather have it done 'right' than 'quickly'

Dear Fans, Followers and Customers of Pier Solar,

As you may have heard in the last couple of months, we lost a member of our

graphics team and a year’s worth of their work on Pier Solar; we tried our

best to resolve the issues with this team member but failed.

Since then we have been working around the clock to try and replace the

graphics including what this team member did for the project, our resources

have been stretched to their limit and sadly we have been unable to

complete the missing work within a suitable time frame.

This issue combined with the enhancements to bring the graphic quality to a

higher standard has caused the project deadline to slip considerably.

It gives us great regret to announce that we will not make our 24th of

December 2008 deadline and will be delaying the game’s release until next

year.

Edited by Reaperman

It is true and we apologize.

Doing an RPG is just a nearly impossible task for a small homebrew-team; a task we have taken on and worked on for over four years now. We will make finsih this impossible task; but we cannot or do not want to make quality sacrifices now in order to have the game out a little earlier.

It would be such a waste to cut the game down now; we wanna make the time we spent on this game worth it and have a great result.

We don´t have the manpower Squaresoft had for games like Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger, yet those games are the ones we want to match or even surpass in quality. Being so very clos we must not give up on many things because of a few weeks/months.

The last months have been extremely hard on all of us; our programmer and creative director even gave up his job o be able to work fulltime on Pier Solar. My own health has suffered as well. And everyone of us has given his own sacrifices. But we can´t keep up this rush or even accelerate more to make the deadline, so we just have to delay it.

We will now use the time we have to add everything into the game we wanted to; and we will not have to make compromises.

We hope you understand that and keep supporting us.

One more thing though: We would appreciate it if you registered in our forum here. I have done my best to answer all questions on many forums, and to reply to PMs; but this is time-consuming. The result is much time spent to answer the same questions in many forums. And PMs considering orders are not really my job either; so I want to keep that all to a minimum now in order to spend my time more constructive on the game itself. So please help us by visiting our board for questions; there they will be definately answered. And if you have questions about your order, please write an e-mail to sales@piersolar.com instead of PM´ing me. I hope you understand, but little things like this will make us finish the game sooner. :)

Thx for your interest and continued support

• 9 months later...

^That makes two of us.

Make that three. I've had my Genesis hooked up since this time last year in anticipation of this game. I used to check out their website at least once a week, but the updates slowed down and are coming out at a trickle... I can't wait until this game comes out - it sounds like it should be pretty fantastic!

• 1 month later...

This year?!? :( :|

I was just thinking about that, and it's almost november.

I came to reason that for them to order all the stuff required for this game, put it together and ship it out to the hundreds of customers who preordered would take more than 2 months, I think. And since we haven't gotten our 'game will be finished any day now' post, I'm guessing it won't be this year.

...in other news I preordered another one...

Edited by Reaperman

I wonder if pre-orderers like me who been waiting for an extra six months now lost some excitement...I feel that the year or so I have had thinking on how cool it will be have turned bitter slightly...I dont mind waiting but if it dont come by Jan I night pull out my OMG card.