IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 4: Stay Frosty

Ze_ro

post-9504-1222837255_thumb.png

I guess miracles do happen. I used the same idea darthkur was using, saving after each level, blah blah blah. IT NEVER FROZE!!!!!! Not once. That is the first time since last week that I've made it through one game without freezing and also the first time I saved after each level. Aaaargh! :)

post-9504-1222837255_thumb.png

I guess miracles do happen. I used the same idea darthkur was using, saving after each level, blah blah blah. IT NEVER FROZE!!!!!! Not once. That is the first time since last week that I've made it through one game without freezing and also the first time I saved after each level. Aaaargh! :)

Don't mean to respond in this thread, but this is where you mentioned it ... So, just so I understand correctly, you did a state save after each level, and never had to do a state load? In other words, you still played one continuous game in a single sitting, just making sure to save state every now and then. Is this correct?? Because if so, it may give me a hint on what's going on.

Let it be known that I did have to utilize save states to prevent losing my progress during any emulator lock up's. I started shortly after 100k and at the very beginning of each successful board I would hit F9. When I made it to the next board I would save again in the very same slot, thereby erasing the previous state. The system did lock up at around 118k so if I had not used the save state "safety net" my game would have ended prematurely right there. Whenever I lost a life I would hit F9 right at the beginning again so as not to go back to a previous state where I had more lives than I should.

I hope this is acceptable. Sadly, there was no other way for me to be able to play an entire game.

It would be great if you could provide a state save just before a lockup occurs. Perhaps play a game, and save state every minute or so (overwriting the previous one). At some point, it will probably lock up, and I'd like to get a copy of the most recent state file at that point. Perhaps I can then play it and have it 'lock up' for me.

Let it be known that I did have to utilize save states to prevent losing my progress during any emulator lock up's. I started shortly after 100k and at the very beginning of each successful board I would hit F9. When I made it to the next board I would save again in the very same slot, thereby erasing the previous state. The system did lock up at around 118k so if I had not used the save state "safety net" my game would have ended prematurely right there. Whenever I lost a life I would hit F9 right at the beginning again so as not to go back to a previous state where I had more lives than I should.

I hope this is acceptable. Sadly, there was no other way for me to be able to play an entire game.

It would be great if you could provide a state save just before a lockup occurs. Perhaps play a game, and save state every minute or so (overwriting the previous one). At some point, it will probably lock up, and I'd like to get a copy of the most recent state file at that point. Perhaps I can then play it and have it 'lock up' for me.

Alright, I do that and either post the file here or would you prefer I send it to you?

Alright, I do that and either post the file here or would you prefer I send it to you?

Probably best to add it to the other thread I created (and mentioned previously), or send it to me directly. Better not to clog up this thread any further.

...In other words, you still played one continuous game in a single sitting, just making sure to save state every now and then. Is this correct?? Because if so, it may give me a hint on what's going on.

Correct. I mapped save state to button b on the GC controller and pushed it at the end of each level, as well as each time I died. Never used load state.