IGNORED

Corrupted Gameshark Pro 3.3

No. In fact, when the thing got corrupted, it would not scroll down on my game list past the Zelda 1.1 codelist. I hoped changing the keycodes for 1080 Snowboarding, a game I really have would help. But I forgot to CHECK CODES ON FOR THAT GAME. So I turn off my N64, and NONE of my games will boot the gameshark. How can I reset the keycodes? Have I screwed up my game shark forever? Can I fix it without the serial cable? And...WHERE are the drivers for the serial port? I don't know where to find them. Is there a game shark homepage? One that's still up from back in he day when the Gameshark Pro was popular in N64? Maybe they have the drivers.I need to know. I had great plans for hacking Goldeneye...

Edited by Bowser N64

I'm at a loss. All I've really done with the Game Shark is to boot it up and pass a few save files from the cart to the controller and back. I actually got one of my Zelda games' onboard flash formatted wrong with it. I think it's the 1.1 version, but I don't know for sure. Oddly, it does hold game saves.

As for fixing the GS, though, I don't know what to say. I'd pick up another one. There are some available around here but who knows if they work?

But I can't do that without the drivers. And why downgrade?

I am thinking that your problem might stem from the fact it was 3.2 upgraded to 3.3. As you could see from the picture my GS which is a 3.3 they are slightly different hardware wise, so it's possible using the 3.3 firmware on a 3.2 makes it unstable. I hope I am making sense here. It's worth a shot.

My Gameshark has never had any problem and I used it quite a bit. The only problem I've ever have is if I jar the Gameshark which crashes the system but the GS still comes up fine when I reboot the n64. They are pretty cheaply made and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the revisions of the firmware do not work on certain models.

Then again maybe you have a lemon.

Yeah I get what you mean, but, I have to get it working again. If I could only access the memory with the PC! Serial drivers! Do I need special drivers for the gameshark? Or ANY serial driver? As in ones that work printer etcetera, are they compatible?

Have you downloaded http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/downloads/gscc.zip yet?

Cool once you get it all sorted out check out this NES emulator for the N64- http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/hcs.freeshell.org/neon64.cgi

you need to have your n64 close enough to the pc so you can have the printer cable hooked to the shark to run it. But its a cool tech demo. It runs lots of commercial roms well. I run Mario 3 on it once and a while for something to do.

Yeah, I can't FIND a parallel cable, so I'll just buy another Game shark, and fix the other two when I can. I'm so anxious to hack goldeneye. And you have to have it hooked to the PC to run NEON 64? Why? Can't you just store the roms on the GS? And I can run N64 roms on it too? Does that require a cable?

It's just a 25-pin cable. I found one in less than five minutes with a Google search.

http://www.thelittlelaptopshop.com/10ft25pincas.html

My understanding is that you can get these cartridges running an NES emulator if you have the right equipment (the aforementioned cable, a computer with a 25-pin port, and some software).