IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC October-Cybermorph - 2,121,800

doctorclu

I played the 2Mb version, and the high preset scores you mentioned are probably not from the programmers.

I guess the game can be beaten in the time you mentioned, but I've gone the long road, trying to destroy nearly everything on every planet.

This takes a lot of time...... bleeergh!

That's amazing! :o I guess I will try that someday... It should take almost twice as long to beat the game that way though! But yes, the game can be beaten in 3 hours. Actually I just got the idea to try a speedrun. :D I think I might be able to beat the game in under 2 hours by not collection extra pods and stuff like that.

My current score after hours and hours playing is: 895.900

The game was not over, I had several lives left but it was 15 minutes past 1 (in the night) when I decided to let my ships to be killed by the enemy, save the highscore, go to bed, and almost 5 hours later I had to get up to work... :(

5 hours of sleep and then Monday work sounds like TORTURE! :x :P I be you were thinking about Cybermorph at work huh? :D

Thanks!

I thought, maybe only a few Jaguar owners will ever finish this game, the rest will never see the end screens, so here they are for the eyes of all Jaguar owners.

Now they have to finish this game for themselves and watch 1 screen morph into the other...

Sometimes I had to think about the movie "Spaceballs"...

"Your Scanner is Jammed!" ... :ponder: Strawberry Jam? :D

Edited by Tweety

Thanks!

I thought, maybe only a few Jaguar owners will ever finish this game, the rest will never see the end screens, so here they are for the eyes of all Jaguar owners.

Now they have to finish this game for themselves and watch 1 screen morph into the other...

Sometimes I had to think about the movie "Spaceballs"...

"Your Scanner is Jammed!" ... :ponder: Strawberry Jam? :D

Nice screenshots. Someday I'll see those screens on my Jaguar.. oh yes, someday it will happen. ;)

Hey guys, my Jag finally got here :) and I have to say that I'm glad I got one cuz out of the 5 games I got I only dislike 1 (Mcfur). Anyways I have been playing alot of Cybermorph and finally made it past the second system. Maybe its just me but I felt the first boss was harder than the second. But to the point, my highscore 532,500.

Hey guys, my Jag finally got here :) and I have to say that I'm glad I got one cuz out of the 5 games I got I only dislike 1 (Mcfur). Anyways I have been playing alot of Cybermorph and finally made it past the second system. Maybe its just me but I felt the first boss was harder than the second. But to the point, my highscore 532,500.

Good work and welcome!

Welcome to AtariAge, and of course, have fun with the games!

Funny that you don't like 'McFur', a friend of mine loves that game and almost made it right to the end. :)

STICK WITH MCFUR! It's really frustrating at first, but if you just keep playing and getting better, it gets fun! ;)

Welcome to AtariAge, and of course, have fun with the games!

Funny that you don't like 'McFur', a friend of mine loves that game and almost made it right to the end. :)

I just made it to the final boss in McFur and ran out of continues LOL SHIT! :P Was fun though.

Ugh. I'm a moron.

I played for a couple of hours last night, paused the game, and went to bed. Today, I got back at it and after a few more hours I was on the third set of planets with a score somewhere around 650,000. I say to myself, "gosh, I don't remember which key on the keypad triggers the Thunderquake (I lost the overlay for Cybermorph back in, like, 1996) -- is it THIS?"

At which time my thumbs, acting entirely of their own accord, reach down and press # and * simultaneously and reset the system.

:|

I'll try this again in another day or two.

Ugh. I'm a moron.

I played for a couple of hours last night, paused the game, and went to bed. Today, I got back at it and after a few more hours I was on the third set of planets with a score somewhere around 650,000. I say to myself, "gosh, I don't remember which key on the keypad triggers the Thunderquake (I lost the overlay for Cybermorph back in, like, 1996) -- is it THIS?"

At which time my thumbs, acting entirely of their own accord, reach down and press # and * simultaneously and reset the system.

:|

I'll try this again in another day or two.

All the same... welcome, and I'll add your score of 650,000. :)

Thanks :) I think I will not do something like that ever again, I really had dreams about that game.

I started the game on a Friday about 14:00 hrs, I finished the game the next day around 17:00 hrs. I played a few hours, put the game on pause, turned the TV off did some shopping, came home, played a few hours, paused the game, went to bed (had dreams about it :skull: ) woke up early in the morning, played one planet, paused the game, went to bed again, woke up a few hours later, coffee, food, coffee, shopping, then playing the game a few hours and finishing it.

I had dreams about a game before (Alien vs Predator) but those were fun, Cybermorph dreams weren't fun, they were frustrating. :D

(I lost the overlay for Cybermorph back in, like, 1996)

You can find many overlays here on AtariAge. Check it out ;)

Yup, I found that on here last night, just before I started my second attempt.

post-21492-1225260190_thumb.jpg

I didn't even finish the game. I had, I think, four planets left. Got to the one that's basically a loooong canyon, got sloppy, and lost my last three ships on spike traps in the space of about eight seconds. :( Oh well.

(I lost the overlay for Cybermorph back in, like, 1996)

You can find many overlays here on AtariAge. Check it out ;)

Yup, I found that on here last night, just before I started my second attempt.

post-21492-1225260190_thumb.jpg

I didn't even finish the game. I had, I think, four planets left. Got to the one that's basically a loooong canyon, got sloppy, and lost my last three ships on spike traps in the space of about eight seconds. :( Oh well.

Got that score added Laemeur. Welcome aboard!

Thank you, sir.

Y'know, I never finished the game when I was a kid, and I probably wouldn't have revisited it in any serious way without this little competition. It makes me glad this site exists, and, even though I liked Cybermorph when it came out, I now have an even greater appreciation for the game. It's been said before in this thread and others, but I think it's a very good thing that somebody is appreciating this stuff, especially since the sun was allowed so set on the Jag and it's library so early, and with so little ceremony in its prime years.

But, if I have to heard that broad say "your scanner is jammed" one more time... Ugh. To the moon, Alice!

;)

But, if I have to heard that broad say "your scanner is jammed" one more time... Ugh. To the moon, Alice!

;)

How often does she say that? I've only heard her say it once, but then I've only made to the end of the second set of worlds.

Edited by doctorclu