IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC October-Cybermorph - 2,121,800

doctorclu

On one world in particular, I remember she says it over and over. :) She's never annoyed me though. She has a nice voice LOL. :D

Yeah, there's one world, I think in the fourth set of planets, where your scanner is jammed the entire time. It's probably not that bad if you rush in, get the required pods, and leave, but I was trying to totally wipe out everything on the planets, so I was hanging around that place for a quarter hour or something, with her telling me my scanner was jammed every 45 seconds.

On one world in particular, I remember she says it over and over. :) She's never annoyed me though. She has a nice voice LOL. :D

Yeah, there's one world, I think in the fourth set of planets, where your scanner is jammed the entire time. It's probably not that bad if you rush in, get the required pods, and leave, but I was trying to totally wipe out everything on the planets, so I was hanging around that place for a quarter hour or something, with her telling me my scanner was jammed every 45 seconds.

"Jammed.... strawberry..." - Spaceballs

Cool. :) You'll be beating the game before you know it hopefully! :D

I have a game I've been playing for three days now. I basically play till I start loosing lives and take a break. :) I'm in the fourth sector of worlds now.

Some things to point out:

-If you made more than 50,000 in a level, the game is nice enough to keep giving you lives till the game catches up to your score.

-Mines are great. Got a Headhunter (boss at the end of the 1st and 3rd sectors)... let him follow you and drop a mine. Boom.

-Many times the enemy ships are controlled by a radar tower. Take the tower out, and the ships become sitting ducks/stationary.

Questions:

When you have a pod surrounded by spikes, what is the best way to get that pod out?

On the menu screen when you are looking at the worlds and the mission, is there a way to exit that planet rather than going to it?

When you are on a planet, is there a way to abort the mission?

Thoughts:

You know the Cybermorph code is out there, not sure what revision. But you know what this game needs? A game save feature. One that saves your score as you complete worlds. Wonder if Cybermorph has a EEprom?

At the first world in the fourth sector it mentions there are 15 pods, but where in the world are they?

When you have a pod surrounded by spikes, what is the best way to get that pod out?

2 things, there could be an control building, shoot that and spikes will not move again.

If the spikes are up, just wait, there can be snatchers on that world in search of the pods to drop them near a vortex tower of in another (for them) secure place.

The snatchers are able to pick the pods out of the spikes.

At the first world in the fourth sector it mentions there are 15 pods, but where in the world are they?

Get up high, fly and search.... Seek, and thou will find ;)

2 things, there could be an control building, shoot that and spikes will not move again.

If the spikes are up, just wait, there can be snatchers on that world in search of the pods to drop them near a vortex tower of in another (for them) secure place.

The snatchers are able to pick the pods out of the spikes.

So if neither are the case, then just approach carefully?

I was wondering, since the ship compacts when it flies quickly, if the ship could flew through the spikes?

With those pods surrounded by spikes, you can actually get them without doing anything to the spikes. ;) You just have to be very carefull. Use different camera angles to position your ship PERFECTLY over the pod between the spikes. Then just CAREFULLY lower your ship bit by bit to get the pods.

(I lost the overlay for Cybermorph back in, like, 1996)

You can find many overlays here on AtariAge. Check it out ;)

Yup, I found that on here last night, just before I started my second attempt.

post-21492-1225260190_thumb.jpg

I didn't even finish the game. I had, I think, four planets left. Got to the one that's basically a loooong canyon, got sloppy, and lost my last three ships on spike traps in the space of about eight seconds. :( Oh well.

I misunderstood on this one since it was a score not done currently. I have the score of 650,000 still up, plus we have till early December to beat the scores we have currently. So just noting this correction.

Nice screenshots. Someday I'll see those screens on my Jaguar.. oh yes, someday it will happen. ;)

And now it has happened!! :) I had my Jaguar on for like 5 days straight, had one dream of Cybermorph (with Def Leopard in the background since I tended to play that a lot while playing Cybermorph) and made it all the way to the final screen (YouTube video coming early next week). Final score... 1,447,350 :D

Not as impressive as Tweety's score, but I still have another month to try again. As do the rest of you!!

:) I had my Jaguar on for like 5 days straight, had one dream of Cybermorph (with Def Leopard in the background since I tended to play that a lot while playing Cybermorph) and made it all the way to the final screen (YouTube video coming early next week). Final score... 1,447,350 :D

Nice score! :cool: I wish you luck with the next attempt. I will not improve my score for this year, or next year... I had enough Cybermorph dreams to last me a long time :jango:

This is also good for the competition, I will not jump in the last day with an even higher score.

I still have to work on Battlemorph...

Edited by Tweety

Great score Doc! I'm still dumbfounded that I managaed to beat the game and didn't even score a million points!!! I guess I was in too much of a hurry to beat the game! Also I was nervous to stay in a world longer than I had to in fear of losing ships! ;)

I totally here you there. Now that I have beat this game in five days I might see if I can beat it in say... one. :)

A lot of blowing up stuff. To matter the fact, this time around I might be less conservative with the weaponry.

Here is what I'm trying to understand.

First off, single shot... free, your best friend.

Tri-shot... nice, limited.

the MINES are the best weapon in the whole game in my opinion. There were so many times I just few around and dropped mines and I let enemies follow me. Knocks the headhunters out with one or two mines, worms were not a problem, and takes out multiple enemies.

There is the incinerator... those are good for buildings? They are like a oober single shot, about the power of two or three single shots? Anyone find an effective use for those?

Then there are the purple power-ups... the detonator, the Thundercracker, and the Nitro (go fast).

Is there a way to select between the three of those, or does it stack the same one, and then start over if you get a different one?

Missiles can only hit ground targets right?

Did anyone use the alternate views very much? I Always used the forward view with the ship. Anyone find anything else effective?

What music did you listen to while playing this game? I found Def Leopard too be excellent to this game I thought.

What was your most challenging aspect of this game? For me, spike traps and worms.

Did anyone think the Cybermorph looked a lot like the Buck Rogers ships from the late 70's TV show? To matter the fact, one of the enemy ships looks like a Draconian fighter as well. Hmm...

Has it ever been written how Cybermorph and Battlemorph are connected as a story?

Just some thoughts. I think this is one of my top ten games now. :P

Ya, I beat the game in a few hours IIRC. :) I kinda rushed through it I guess.

Ya the single shot is annoying to use on buildings unless you have the turbo power-up which allows you to shoot it much faster :)

The double and triple shots are definitely nice. The triple is perfect when you have tons of enemies on screen, especially ones that fly.

Ya exactly about the mines. They are great for taking out the headhunters and worms.

The Incinerator, ya basically you've got it.

The Detonator and Thunderquaker are AWESOME... The nitro is WORTHLESS! It actually seems more like a power DOWN to me. Easy to fly into buildings when you hit that puppy! Unfortunately there isn't a way to have any more than 1 of the special weapons at a time. Kinda sucks.

Missles can only hit ground targets, correct.

I use the forward/default view as well. The 1st person view is kinda cool though. I played without the crosshair on as well iirc.

I actually played the game without any music. :) Games without music don't bother me at all. I was so focused on the game. Then again, I didn't play for 5 days straight! LOL... ;)

The most challenging thing about Cybermorph to me was GETTING LOST... I hated it. Certain levels are sort of mazes. They really do annoy me. I'm not a very patient person at all... :P

Buck Rogers? What's that? :P I was born in 1981. I have heard of Buck Rogers, but that's it. :D

You know I was actually thinking Cybermorph might make a pretty awesome cartoon or movie/tv show. :D And I actually did read a connecting story regarding Cyber/Battlemorph recently. I forget where, maybe check the Battlemorph manual.

Cybermorph has always been one of my favorite Jag games for the simple fact that it was one of the first Jag games I ever played etc. I always thought it had a cool atmosphere to it. Now that I'm really good at it, I like it even more! It's in my top 10 Jag games as well.

Edited by kevincal

Buck Rogers? What's that? :P I was born in 1981. I have heard of Buck Rogers, but that's it. :D

A fun show, a bit campy but still fun.

http://www.impawards.com/1979/buck_rogers_...th_century.html

Their ship designs as I understand it were designed by the same people that did the ship designs for Battlestar Galactica and maybe Star Wars?

Anyway, here is the ship that is the good guy in Cybermorph and the ship Buck Rogers' flew:

post-4709-1226245283_thumb.jpgpost-4709-1226242849_thumb.jpg

http://conceptships.blogspot.com/2008/03/b...ntury-1979.html

Now this actual screen shot shows the Cybermorph in one of it's shapes. As you go faster the ship tends to flatten out, the top wings disappear, the side wings flatten out more, and the space between the two front points gets wider. It is in these moments it looks a lot more like the Buck Rogers ship.

As for the bad guy ship compared to the Draconian bad guy ship...

post-4709-1226243290.jpgpost-4709-1226243301_thumb.jpg

Found the shot of the Draconian ship on this site.

http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/MBFS/MBFS.html

And the Cybermorph bad guy pic came from here, and the pic on the pic of the good guy ship was gleemed off youtube.

So what do you think? Interesting similarities eh?

Edited by doctorclu

Here is the storyline from Battlemorph...

http://www.atari-jaguar.de/jagware/soft/flying/flying.html

You thought Cybermorph was challenging? Now, face a whole new roster of worlds, puzzles, enemies and weapons in the CD sequel, Battlemorph. The Pernitian Empire has been kicked out of human space, but they are preparing a vengeful strike! Take the fighting to their turf. With the new War Griffon, you'll be able to fly underwater and underground to get at all the enemy's weak spots! Collect valuable new technologies that will give you new weapons and abilities like nothing you've ever seen before!

Well all I have to say is Human space is kinda bland compared to Pernitian space. The grass really is greener on the other side. :D

There's definitely strong similarities between the 2 Doc. I think you may be on to something. Maybe one of the Cybermorph programmers was a fan of the show?

Tweety, I may check it out now. ;) I have a feeling I'm going to think it's really corny though. :P And I can't buy it, because I only have money for Jaguar games!!! :D

Another Cybermorph trick:

Doing really bad on a level? Lost a bunch of lives?

Let the mission fail. In other words, let the pods get destroyed till the mission fails. You'll loose all points you earned on the level, but you also loose all memory of the lives you lost. You will come back with the lives/weapons expended and can try again. :D

• 1 month later...

I missed this HSC thread, my high score for this game is 2,009,750 as I finished the game.

In order to get that score I had to leave on the Jaguar for about 4 days. My score is recorded on the eeprom of the cartridge. No cheat codes were used or superweapons cheats.

Now I am playing BattleMorph and am on Cluster 6 - Pyroxine and have about 3,500,000 points and about 50 ships stockpiled - difficulty medium - no cheats enabled.

Edited by ovalbugmann