IGNORED

Atari CX40 usb joystick by Curt

Philsan

Anybody else lose their money on Curt's joystick project? He doesn't even bother returning my emails anymore... and I know they're getting through - he even ignores my ones through this site. Has been saying for months he would refund my purchase, but that doesn't happen, and he doesn't ship any products either.... evidently he has time to start new projects and build web sites to sell new stuff, though! Talk about frustrating... I don't know what's going on, and i'm used to dealing with some flakey situations in the arcade hobby...

Pete

Edited by ataripete

Anybody else lose their money on Curt's joystick project? He doesn't even bother returning my emails anymore... and I know they're getting through - he even ignores my ones through this site. Has been saying for months he would refund my purchase, but that doesn't happen, and he doesn't ship any products either.... evidently he has time to start new projects and build web sites to sell new stuff, though! Talk about frustrating... I don't know what's going on, and i'm used to dealing with some flakey situations in the arcade hobby...

Pete

Interesting post you made today in a thread from 2006:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1804326

Looks like you were on your period. :D

Hey, if I'm going to get ripped off I have to vent somehow, and hopefully help others avoid running into the same situation. I think we all like deals to go through smoothly with online orders and like giving the benefit of the doubt, but there becomes a point where enough is enough...

If your bank has a time limit in order to put a stop payment on checks, it might be good to know...he promised me back in april that I would get a 'company check' refund 'right away'....i'm still waiting. Don't bother calling, you'll just get a voicemail announcement about new products, nor will he ever come through with the refund. Error on the side of caution...there's a reason Google won't let legacy use their checkout any longer, they saw what was going on, that's why the checkout is 'in-house' with OScommerce or something...

Edited by ataripete

Order Details - Jan 21, 2009 6:46 PM PST
Google Order #313383155585972 	
Shipping Status	   Qty	  Item 	  Price 	 
 Not yet shipped 	 1 	Ground Shipping  -  Ground Shipping within the United States 	$5.00 	 
   1 	3 Classic USB Joystick Controllers  -  3 Classic USB Joystick controllers - play joystick enabled games on Windows, OSX and Linux 	$35.99 	 
Tax (OH) : 	$0.00 	 
Total: 	$40.99

Haven't seen it yet unfortunately.

Stephen Anderson

Gonna do this one LAST time, that's it:

Anyone who didn't get their order -

Googlecheckout didn't work out, many orders did not show up on the main orders listing unless a specific order# was entered and searched for.

I closed the store to stem the tide of orders, Google closed the whole account completely, nice work guys.

As it says both on the website AND on the telco message - send an email with a copy of your store receipt (cut & paste) - don't send me just your order#, send your current mailing address to make sure product ships to the correct address to:

online.sales@legacyengineer.com

Don't leave voicemails, its a status only line - messages are not picked up if I don't answer the phone to talk directly with you, so if you're leaving messages, then you're not listening to the instructions.

I email back to people every day or so to get back with them, if I don't, sorry but I've got a lot to keep up with, whining here doesn't solve anything, stating incorrect facts here certainly doesn't solve anything.

Nobody's RIPPING YOU OFF PETEY - grow up, your f*cking refund went out when I saw your email early this AM - I don't sit around waiting to cater to just you, I have got f*cking 1 years worth of lost time to catch up on things to do, and since you don't know what the f*ck your talking about with Google, stop slandering people.

So put your sh*t in check, I don't have time to respond to whinefests - follow instructions, it helps me help everyone so that anything lost in the shuffle is taken care of.

Curt

Haven't seen it yet unfortunately.

Stephen Anderson

Which was my fault. Left Curt a message and had a reply in less than an hour. Won't be long now, and as a bonus, I should be getting the sticks right after my birthday :)

Stephen Anderson

I sent that email with the full details on 7/16 Curt, I also sent a query on that day asking how long you were expecting it to take...so I kept following up.

After my 12/4/2008 order, I also queried for an order status on 1/18, asked for a refund on 3/18, asked for a status on 6/21, resent the refund request on 6/28, 7/1, 7/10, and after sending it again on 7/16, I heard back within minutes which was great, until I asked for how long it would take - then I stopped hearing from you, and followed up again on 7/26 and 7/29 until I had to stir the pot over here to get this refund out the door.

That's a ridiculous email trail Curt, just keep people posted - all it takes is some sort of order status update email once every while, not every 8 months so we have some idea of where things are at. Nobody shouldn't have to crawl around message boards to track down Curt's latest state of the union message and I shouldn't have to send you PMs on private systems to get a reply because you're not responding to the email addresses you setup for customer service - I already tried the way you wanted, it didn't work back in March, it didn't work in June/July either...it was already a couple weeks since I was told it was taken care of. I don't know what you want us to do - last December you said "if you want a refund because of order delays, just send the order #'. Simple enough, I waited until March...then noticed you selling more stuff and opening storefronts over at your web site but you haven't even fulfilled orders from 8 months ago...nor an update of 'hang in there guys, the original orders are estimated in 4-8 weeks', or anything like that

Don't blame us for the google account shutdown, two weeks ago when I sent the refund request the resposne was "Not sure how I'm going to be able to, the Googlecheckout system is closed so I can't go that route any further" and you told me to do a chargeback with my credit card company...give me a break with this 'I'm being out of line' stuff...and telling everyone all they have to do is email your customer service mailbox with an acocunt number. If you really want to show me, send me all the emails with order updates...otherwise, ship a product or send a refund. I'll post that my refund has cleared when it takes place, so everyone knows Petey is taken care of.