IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 8: Othello

Ze_ro

For the purposes of fair competition, I would recommend that you allow one version or the other, but not both.

I agree that there are differences, but I think they are relatively inconsequential for a relatively friendly competition like this. If you feel you can exploit the difference, then go right ahead.

How's this for the scoring?

A little too complicated for my tastes. I'm ranking things first by how many points you scored, then by how FEW points the computer scored. Also, I'm ranking shutouts separately (If at the end of the week, anyone has only posted a shutout, then I'll include the shutout in the main scores according to the above criteria).

Shouldn't the challenge be who can shutout the computer with the lowest score? :ponder: This would mean you made the quickest work of the computer.

I would argue that higher scoring shutouts are far more difficult because as more pieces are laid out, there are far more options available, making it much harder to lose all your pieces.

--Zero

Thanks for clearing up these issues Ze_ro.

I suppose a challenge can take any form one can think of... I was just looking at it from the standpoint of "most efficient" game.

Yeah, sorry... this last week has been excessively busy at work, and it's been hard to find the time. All these great games coming out lately (Dead Space, Fallout 3, Fable II, etc) isn't helping my "no free time" problem either :(

--Zero