IGNORED

WTB: 8-Bit and associated gubbins (UK)

ElB

Without waffling on for too long, after a recent conversation with a couple of guys at work about how the demoscene is kind of dull now that doing cool effects is just solved by hardware these days (blah blah, kids of today, etc.), and going on a wander down memory lane, I find myself all of a sudden wanting to get hold of the basics for having an actual 8-bit system, mine long ago having been thrown out by my mother (which serves me right for leaving it in her loft, I suppose, although I did salvage a couple of boxes of disks which may or may not be viable after nearly 20 years :P).

Unfortunately (and I know I said I wasn't going to waffle on for too long, but I'm on a roll now) the market for A8s in the UK seems pretty thin on the ground; scouring eBay there wasn't a lot to choose from in the way of machines, and nothing in the disk-drive area. There seem to be more available in the US, but I'm damned if I'm paying a fortune in shipping -- it's not like I want a serious collection or anything -- so is there anyone in the UK with stuff they're looking to shift, condition not important (so long as it works)?

What I'm after is something like an 800XL/65XE/130XE (a RAM mod, extra POKEY, etc., would be gravy), a 1050/XF551, and a 1010/XC12.

Emulation is all well and good but there's no substitute for the real thing, so if someone feels like helping me in my quest you'll make me a very happy bunny. :)

Edited by ElB