IGNORED

Visual Pinball and PinMame.

Artlover

Will the Visual Pinball/PinMame duo ever come to Xbox?

I hear that PinMame is finally open source now. That's half the battle.

What is the status of Visual Pinball however? Last thing I remember hearing was that Ultracade was trying to licence rights to it or something. (And before everyone goes crapping themselves, I believe it was the "new" Ultracade that was bought from Foley by Global VR, not David "the schmuck" Foley himself.)

I'm going to assume Visual Pinball is still closed source? :ponder: :| :(

It's taken a dive.

A little over a year ago, there would often be a dozen tables in progress with updates daily on many machines.

These days, you often go weeks with barely anything happening.

Future Pinball is where it's all at now. Proper 3D rendering, adjustable viewpoints, more realism.

http://www.futurepinball.com/download.html

http://fprelease.free.fr/

Edited by Rybags

It's taken a dive.

A little over a year ago, there would often be a dozen tables in progress with updates daily on many machines.

These days, you often go weeks with barely anything happening.

Future Pinball is where it's all at now. Proper 3D rendering, adjustable viewpoints, more realism.

The problem here is that it doesn't seem to be open source either (I couldn't find any info on this point in the links), nor does it work in conjunction with PinMame, which defeats much of the point. :(

The question I raised was proper pinball emulation on Xbox. By proper, I mean supporting those half pinball/half videogame combo machines like Baby Pac-Man. This requires both Visual Pinball and PinMame running on conjunction with each other. An Xbox version has presently not been possible because the source for both has not been available to the Xbox coders for translation. PinMame was recently made open-source. That covers the videogame side as being possible on the XBox now, but we still need the pinball side which entails being compatable with PinMame and being open-source.