IGNORED

MegaPak hidden game

Songbird

Well, I've spent the afternoon playing Password. I've won the game many, many times (meaning, of course, that I found the word, got the quote) but nothing new has happened. It just gives me a new word. Solve, quote, new word... lather, rinse, repeat...

Can you give us something else, please? Do you have to win a certain number of times in total, or win a certain number of times in a row, or win without missing a guess?

Password is fun enough, but after playing dozens of games in a row, I'm getting frustrated.

Please help us!

Cheers,

Smeg

Well, I've spent the afternoon playing Password. I've won the game many, many times (meaning, of course, that I found the word, got the quote) but nothing new has happened. It just gives me a new word. Solve, quote, new word... lather, rinse, repeat...

Can you give us something else, please? Do you have to win a certain number of times in total, or win a certain number of times in a row, or win without missing a guess?

Password is fun enough, but after playing dozens of games in a row, I'm getting frustrated.

Please help us!

Cheers,

Smeg

This treasure hunt is getting blown out of proportions. It's not that complicated. If you beat Password just browse through the game menus. And if you still can't find it you must have a defect cart or something. :P

Sorry Atari Smeghead I misread your post. Of course you have to beat the WHOLE game. All the Passwords. Not just a few.

If the EEPROM is working it will increment a counter every time you win the game. You have to win just a small percentage of the passwords (32 to be exact). You dont have to win them in a row or anything. After this the hidden game will be permanently on the menu.

My youngest son found a cheat by which you can get there in no time. It is actually a programming bug that was not spotted.

You may have seen that Opt 1 allows you to cheat. Well the idea was that the cheat also decrements the counter to allow you to cheat just once. My son tried what happens when you have no more guesses left and you decide to cheat.

Due to a bug the counter becomes ff and gives you indefinite cheats.

This treasure hunt is getting blown out of proportions. It's not that complicated. If you beat Password just browse through the game menus. And if you still can't find it you must have a defect cart or something. :P

there is a special fortune that pops up when you win for the 32nd time. It tells you about the authors of the game etc.

Even without an eeprom this should work if you just run through it. It takes about 5 minutes or so if you cheat.

If the EEPROM is working it will increment a counter every time you win the game. You have to win just a small percentage of the passwords (32 to be exact). You dont have to win them in a row or anything. After this the hidden game will be permanently on the menu.

Okay!! There we go! I was very close... only had to win three more games before it popped up.

Thanks for sharing this info! It was driving me nuts, but it's nice to know I would've gotten there with only a few more games.

I won't spoil the surprise by mentioning the type of game (unless it already has been done... dunno) but I have always enjoyed these types of games! I played a bit today, and hope to delve into it some more.

Wonderful! Thanks again!!! :D :D :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Thanks karri for clarifying this! I really thought I had solved all the passwords because after I found the Treasure it seemd like I was getting old passwords I already solved once before. So how many passwords are there totally?

I have to try out the cheat too :)

I don't remember exactly. More than 100. And they appear randomly. So you will get the same words every now and then.

--

Karri

Okay!! There we go! I was very close... only had to win three more games before it popped up.

Thanks for sharing this info! It was driving me nuts, but it's nice to know I would've gotten there with only a few more games.

I won't spoil the surprise by mentioning the type of game (unless it already has been done... dunno) but I have always enjoyed these types of games! I played a bit today, and hope to delve into it some more.

Wonderful! Thanks again!!! :D :D :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Yep... imagine doing this, yet staying in PASSWORD for over two hours, just doing random stuff and trying different things. Imagine doing this, getting frustrated and then just turning it off without looking at the menu again.

Imagine turning on the Lynx after reading this to find what I was looking for all along... right there in the menu.

Again I growl: GRRRRRR

Like you, I will spend more time with it (if I can tear myself away from Fallout 3 for a little bit)

So whats the name of the hidden game. I've been playing password solving the words and so far the games I have that appear in the menu are:

Parafly

Password

Lynx Sketch

Soundtool

Chopper X

Pontiac (Image)

Black Jack

High Roller

Am I still missing the hidden game or is it in one of the other menus (that you scroll left for on the game menu screen)?

So whats the name of the hidden game. I've been playing password solving the words and so far the games I have that appear in the menu are:

Parafly

Password

Lynx Sketch

Soundtool

Chopper X

Pontiac (Image)

Black Jack

High Roller

Am I still missing the hidden game or is it in one of the other menus (that you scroll left for on the game menu screen)?

What should a hidden treasure be called?

Treasure of course!

--

Karri

• 2 weeks later...
Pontiac is just an image ? why ? for what ?

The Lynx can only show 16 colors at a time. The Pontiac is just a demo of how you can do a high-color image by redefining the palette in real time. It is there just because it can be done. It was written by Exceed in Japan.

--

Karri

The Lynx can only show 16 colors at a time. The Pontiac is just a demo of how you can do a high-color image by redefining the palette in real time. It is there just because it can be done. It was written by Exceed in Japan.

--

Karri

Cool never realised that! Nice work Exceed.

--

Karri

Cool never realised that! Nice work Exceed.

Check the CGE Slideshow cartridge or Lynx Reloaded for more of this kind of pictures... or well see the following examples http://lynxdev.atari.org/picture_test5.zip