IGNORED

Apple II's Lemonade Stand coming soon to iPhone

Fort Apocalypse

Wow, I remember playing this! After several clicks, here's a link to the original blog posting, which contains screenshots of the updated graphics:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/10/28/apple-ii...ade-for-iphone/

I suppose it's good that they updated the graphics, as long as they kept the gameplay the same (which it appears they did). At 99 cents, they'll sell a ton of these on nostalgia value alone...

..Al

Wow, I remember playing this! After several clicks, here's a link to the original blog posting, which contains screenshots of the updated graphics:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/10/28/apple-ii...ade-for-iphone/

I suppose it's good that they updated the graphics, as long as they kept the gameplay the same (which it appears they did). At 99 cents, they'll sell a ton of these on nostalgia value alone...

..Al

I think the graphic updates were a good idea, They look nice. I wonder if it will have an option to play with the original graphics as well?

If I were Cliff Johnson, I'd be busy porting 3 in Three and The Fool's Errand to iPhone, not to mention his 6 years in the making game, Chinese DemocracyThe Fool and his Money. Seriously.

BTW, 3 in Three and The Fool's Errand play perfectly on Windows XP using the free and legal Executor emulator and game ROM's that are on Cliff Johnson's site.

HAHAHA!

I actually hooked up an Apple IIe just a week or two back and this was the first game I wanted to play. Just for the hell of it.

The intro was always worth a chuckle when the middle stroke of the "M" would "pee out" into the below cup.

I always took it for a perverted gag, being the pervert I am. :)

Now... Time to port wizardry 1, 2 & 3! :)

LOL I know I did!

Although it's been updated (I'll see if I can find the original) This Lemonade Stand - http://www.lemonadegame.com/ ? :ponder:

If I had an iPhone I would probably download it for that reason myself especially at .99.

Has to be a nostalgia thing. Just think of how many classrooms played this game back in the 80's during "computer lab" I know I did and I would be tempted to download it just to see it again. I wonder how it holds up today :)

BTW - Is Oregon Trail available also?

If I had an iPhone I would probably download it for that reason myself especially at .99.

I am in the same boat, no iPhone yet, probably not for a while with all the stuff I want. You can get the iTouch for under $200 which is more realistic but I want Rockband first.

My friend at work has one though so I am going to give him a buck so I can download it on his phone and play it once or twice. I am sure that will be enough Lemonade stand for another 20 years :D

That was a very early program for the II, i'm talking late 70s. That program was considered vintage before the II actually died out in the very early nineties!

That program was required learning for my class in the late 70s. In those days the whole elementary school only had 1 computer!

Edited by thrax

That was a very early program for the II, i'm talking late 70s. That program was considered vintage before the II actually died out in the very early nineties!

That program was required learning for my class in the late 70s. In those days the whole elementary school only had 1 computer!

Older. Check this out:

7. Lemonade Stand

Released: Created by Bobb Jamison from the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC) in 1973; coded for the Apple II by Charlie Kellner in 1979. Copies were included with Apple computers sold throughout the Eighties.

Significance: Showed us that potentially complex and hard to understand concepts like economic theory could be simply and effectively illustrated in a video game.

Commentary: MECC was one of the great success stories of early educational computing, and Lemonade Stand is perhaps their most famous program after The Oregon Trail. A holdover from the 1970s, a version of Lemonade Stand was included with Apple II machines into the Eighties. Countless school children fired it up and were introduced to economic theory through playing the game. A web version (one among many) is available here.

The game was a “practical simulation,” combining economic theory with simple concepts kids understand (i.e., a lemonade stand). It showed that with judicious decisions, positive outcomes were possible even with variables outside the player’s control (like the weather). The concept has not died, and there are later versions like Lemonade Empire, Hot Dog Stand, and others which follow the same concept.

http://edugamesblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/...from-the-1980s/

Edited by White Knight

• 1 year later...