Photo

Atari 8-bit IRC client: FujiChat (0.3 released)

54 replies to this topic

#51 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,903 posts

Posted Fri May 20, 2016 1:29 PM

Anyone still have the Source Code?

#52 a8isa1 OFFLINE  

a8isa1

Stargunner

• 1,564 posts

Posted Tue Nov 8, 2016 8:09 AM

Hi, may i dig this one up once more?

I just managed to run my old script in slightly modified form on my Linux MiNT laptop, with standard "slattach" binary:

#!/bin/sh

modprobe slip &> /dev/null
ifconfig sl0 down &> /dev/null

slattach -L -p slip -s 9600 /dev/ttyUSB0 &
sleep 1

ifconfig sl0 192.168.0.1 pointopoint 192.168.0.2

ifconfig sl0 mtu 576

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

Since i got a USB Serial Adapter cable with FTDI chip, i changed from ttyS0 to ttyUSB0.

On the Atari i run Fujichat 0.4 from  my own link, and i am able to connect and chat.

I have a Fujichat05pre2.atr on my CF card, but it fails to read its own config file nor saves a valid new one.

However, in addidtion to FC 0.4 it offers 19200 as connection speed (FC has 9600 max) and

i recall the editor was fixed, too.

Does someone still have the latest Fujichat 05pre3.atr and can offer a link? I'll happily put it on my

webspace (you see my old Link still works).

Can someone recall what a8_slattach had patched/fixed over the standard binary?

Greets,

Beetle

Your shell script works great on my Raspberry Pi 1B, as is, except I'm using wlan0 instead of eth0.  My SIO2PC USB (sloopy made) substitues for a RVerter but I only have one so I needed to run SIO2BSD to load Fujichat then break out of SIO2BSD and run your shell script.  Runs great at 19200.

I found a version of fujichat v0.5-Pre3 with an 80 column driver attached.  It runs under both SDX 4.48 and MyDOS 4.53/4. Surprisingly, even with the 80 column driver attached fujichat keeps up at 19200.  At least I think it does.  Hard to see with composite video output.  

I don't recall the file's origin but seeing I found it on an ATR derived from an ATR I received from slor perhaps its his work. I'll put an ATR together and post it ASAP.

I'm still missing a piece of information about fujichat.   I don't know what is needed to get the DNS part working. We at IRC (##atari, irc.freenode.net) have been chatting with Urchlay.  Hopefully he will explain what I am doing wrong   :D

Thanks, Beetle!  I couldn't remember the parts about routing.  I didn't even remember I needed them. :o

-SteveS

Edited by a8isa1, Tue Nov 8, 2016 8:21 AM.

#53 _The Doctor__ ONLINE  

_The Doctor__

Flux Capacitor Master Craftsman

• 6,937 posts

Posted Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:53 PM

that's the last fujichat I tested with him at the time I think we had cygwin on the pc as a bridge to the net at the time..... that was long ago. at the time it kept up pretty well unless there were excessive cursor manipulations within a chat window....  worked fine for 86 percent of the rooms...

Edited by _The Doctor__, Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:57 PM.

#54 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

• 5,474 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:18 PM

Well I don't have the source, but I found the documentation at web.archive.org. But seriously, your probably not gonna be hacking 8-bit TCP/IP C code.

In the zip file you will find:

atariserver_slip.sh
Changelog
fujichat-0.3.atr
fujichat-0.5pre3.atr
HOWTO
README

Version 4 is still available at links posted above.

I'm not sure of the differences in 0.5-pre3, and I do not have a 'virgin' image, so this will be configured for my setup, with an Atari 850 at 9600 baud, sorry. It's easy to configure, there is a menu item to configure it.

Since the ZIP file spoken of here is not available anymore, I went and downloaded the docs from the WayBack Machine, some other files found in this thread, and a clean v0.4 disk that I found posted by Urchlay in another thread here on AA.

The archive contains the following:

FujiChat v0.4 (original/clean) ATR

FujiChat v0.4 (charliecron's 9600 baud / Atari 850 config) ATR

FujiChat v0.5pre3 (charliecron's 9600 baud / Atari 850 config) ATR

FujiChat v0.1 - ReadMe

FujiChat v0.4 - ChangeLog

FujiChat - How to Set Up SLIP

FujiChat - Sample Shell Script

Attached File  FujiChat.zip   117.83KB   12 downloads

--------------------------

I'm currently doing a site-wide FTP search at Pigwa.net for the v0.4 source files that are supposed to exist. It'll take some time to crawl the entire site for the file, and I'm going on the assumption that the original name might have been used to archive it there (fujichat_src-0.4.zip).

If anyone has the source files in their possession, please share; there are individuals here that are interested in carrying on the development started by Urchlay.

Edited by MrFish, Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:18 PM.

#55 Urchlay OFFLINE  

Urchlay

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,160 posts

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 PM

If anyone has the source files in their possession, please share; there are individuals here that are interested in carrying on the development started by Urchlay.

I've finally dusted off my old Ataris and started messing with my old code again...

The FujiChat sources are in a git repo, and they live here now:

http://urchlay.napti...repos/fujichat/

There's also an ATR image in there, for anyone who can't or doesn't want
to compile anything.

Anyone who wants to, can clone the git repo and host it somewhere. I
personally don't trust the services like github or gitlab, so it's hosted
on my own server for now.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users