IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic '09

RJ

Wow, I really missed a good show. Looks like it was even better than last year. Will definitely not miss it next year.

I hope you all liked our little area :) (I live a hardly more than a stone's throw away from the MGC). I wonder what "romantic restaurant" you guys ended up at? I'm trying to think of where that could be... there's a few nice ones in Oconomowoc.

Wow! Looks like a great show and great pics. It really makes me sad to think Philly was like this. I really miss that show. :(

Great pics wgungfu. And thanks for organizing them like that. I really love that 1090XL. It's so sad that died in the prototype stage. :(

Allan

Wow, I really missed a good show. Looks like it was even better than last year. Will definitely not miss it next year.

I hope you all liked our little area :) (I live a hardly more than a stone's throw away from the MGC). I wonder what "romantic restaurant" you guys ended up at? I'm trying to think of where that could be... there's a few nice ones in Oconomowoc.

I think it was something like Kurts Steak House.

Tempest

I think it was something like Kurts Steak House.

Tempest

Oh yeah, the one in Delafield. I know of it, but I've never been there. It's too bad I didn't think of it sooner, I could have posted a list here of good places to eat in the area of the MGC. Right before next year I'll try to remember to do that. There's a lot of really stellar (and less expensive) places to eat within 10 miles of MGC.

Yup, Kurts Steak House... Great food. The $2 refills sucked but hey, at least I only had three. I already have plans brewing for next year as a vendor. I'm going to need to nail down some help because while I don't mind being at my booth allot of the time, I wouldn't want to miss everything the whole time.

AX

I'll be going next year too. I am not sure as what yet, vendor or volunteer...we will see.

now we need a pic of Bassguitari holding my beard

In retrospect, that may have been a bad idea.

:)

Okay feel free to keep that one private LOL but still it was a good memory.

AX

Nah, it's cool. Jen has it on her camera anyway, and she loves blackmailing me, so it's only a matter of time before it finds its way on here. :)

Cosplayers. Dunno, maybe they didn't get the memo that it wasn't a costume party. I know many of us appreciated the resident evil girl, and most of us didn't appreciate the dude in the red hat dressed as a woman (come on he shaved on leg...) That's up there with the Livin on a Prayer / Back to New Jersy, Rock Band singing as the best worst thing at the show (but so freaking funny that it was awesome).

AX

Ok, I just got home from WI last night and this is the first time I've had time to peruse the forums since last thursday. I did better in sales than I could've possibly imagined and met some very fine folk from the AA crowd, thegoldenax and Tempest included. I exceeded every expectation I had of the show as my first year being a vendor instead of a buyer, I had more fun sitting behind my table BS'ing and being a troublemaker than I've had in any of the years past. Thank you all for making this the best MGC ever for me! Beef Min Games 4-evar :D

...most of us didn't appreciate the dude in the red hat dressed as a woman (come on he shaved on leg...)

AX

S/he (?...I just call "her" She-Dude) comes every year, always in a costume. Last year's was much worse though, if memory serves. I recall underwear hanging out. (I think my memory doesn't serve. If it did, it would have blocked that out. :|) I don't mean to sit here and bad-mouth people, but eccentricity is one thing...She-Dude is something else. There may well be a serious mental disorder going on there, for all we know.

Beyond that, I don't mind the costumes. I personally think they're a bit overkill, but who am I to judge? And even as costumes go, you could do worse than the Jill Valentine/Zombie couple. They made me smile.

It was a great show as always! I got some great stuff for my personal collection. This show keeps getting better. Sean Kelly was behind my tables and way over was goodwill hunter. I think Goodwill hunter had the best stuff of the show, It was many years of uncherry picked games.

show.jpgThis was my 2 tables.

It was a great show as always! I got some great stuff for my personal collection. This show keeps getting better. Sean Kelly was behind my tables and way over was goodwill hunter. I think Goodwill hunter had the best stuff of the show, It was many years of uncherry picked games.

I was right next to you as well with my small jagfest display

it was a good show just wish I had more people to buy my stuff.

Glad that some of my best stuff went to collectors I know from the forums. Trade-N-Games and I always seem to make some good trades at the MWGC. The Ghost Lion box I got from you was probably my best find of the show (If I don't count the Skitchin' manual you pulled for me...thanks again!). And I love your book!...the color photography is awesome. Most of my haul came from you and Dave 2236...not bad for someone who had to man a booth solo for two days:

mwgchaul2009.jpg

Rich

Finally picked up that book of yours, I really regret not buying it sooner man! Awesome book! I put it off since I own so many of them already but the pictures make all the difference in this one. Those full color photos look so good it makes me want to start collecting for systems I don't even like - lol

I also snagged an Indiana Jones infernal machine box and manual from you at a great price! It is a tough one to find CIB, Thanks man :):):)

now we need a pic of Bassguitari holding my beard

In retrospect, that may have been a bad idea.

:)

Okay feel free to keep that one private LOL but still it was a good memory.

AX

Nah, it's cool. Jen has it on her camera anyway, and she loves blackmailing me, so it's only a matter of time before it finds its way on here. :)

As soon as I get the pictures uploaded, you can guarantee it will be up here. :D

Hey look, an ADAM! ;)

Tempest

The Adam sold! Robert hauled it out to the show to sell, we were so glad that we did not have to bring it back home.

I remember that when the guy brought it from you, that was big package.

It makes a 5200 box look like a Gameboy box. :)

Allan