IGNORED

Atari St gets trashed in a new music video!

maxhall

::NauticDive:: have just released a new music video, and it features a Atari ST!

The computer is used in the film, with repetative text scrolling in parts, then one of the members smash the crap out of it, with a pick axe handle!

Enjoy :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JT4VceBwkxU

Max

Bran Van 3000 been there, done that, aeons ago:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9KfKx8PmM

(hate them for that)

(P.S. also that song sucks)

Edited by ggn

Why didn't they smash a crappy common 486 or something.

Well to that part of the world that WOULD be a crappy old 486. Think about it.

Kinda liked the video. Honestly they probably smashed up a 520STF and those are a dime a dozen. Now if it were a Falcon or TT030 I would have been pissed.

And that Vic-20 modem at the end. :) I liked the retro references.

Why didn't they smash a crappy common 486 or something.

Well to that part of the world that WOULD be a crappy old 486. Think about it.

Kinda liked the video. Honestly they probably smashed up a 520STF and those are a dime a dozen. Now if it were a Falcon or TT030 I would have been pissed.

And that Vic-20 modem at the end. :) I liked the retro references.

lol

Have to laugh at all the people getting upset about a Atari St getting smashed up!, lol, even had death threats....

Anyhow, to justify the actions, the ST was only a empty case, no real micro chips were damaged in the making of the Film!!

hehehe

Max

P.S Skeleton does indeed say "USB" and the cartridge at the end is not a Modem, its the "Road Race" game cartridge.... Cheerz for the comments!!

Edited by maxhall

Well done, now go and create some real music. I can loop samples too... About 10 lines of code...

Excellent comments, can we hear some music you have done please?

Max

Go away stupid troll

I know u r Geek, sorry Greek but what does that mean in english? not that well up on "Geek" speak...

Max

Well done, now go and create some real music. I can loop samples too... About 10 lines of code...

Max

The point was exactly that. I can't do any music apart from looping samples. Which is about 10 lines of code as I said. But I am sure that if I tried I could do something with a lot more variation than what you did.

Now on more important things, I couldn't care less if you destroyed 20 ST's, they are yours and you can do whatever you like with them. But you are posting this on an atari site and this was your first post. Guess how this is called? You are right! Trolling. Also you put something online. Guess what that means? You are right again! Open to public criticism. Now join these four together. What do you get?

"Go away stupid troll and come back when you learn how to use more than one sample."

In all fairness though, apart from smashing things up which is in no way what I'd consider an artistic expression, the video clip wasn't that bad.

Max

The point was exactly that. I can't do any music apart from looping samples. Which is about 10 lines of code as I said. But I am sure that if I tried I could do something with a lot more variation than what you did.

Now on more important things, I couldn't care less if you destroyed 20 ST's, they are yours and you can do whatever you like with them. But you are posting this on an atari site and this was your first post. Guess how this is called? You are right! Trolling. Also you put something online. Guess what that means? You are right again! Open to public criticism. Now join these four together. What do you get?

"Go away stupid troll and come back when you learn how to use more than one sample."

In all fairness though, apart from smashing things up which is in no way what I'd consider an artistic expression, the video clip wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the comments... I await your next hit record with baited breath then.??..if indeed you can "loop", and set alot more variation, thats genius, nice one, let me know when you have written one, i will gladly pass judgement, and maybe release the record for you? maybe you could knock something up in the next ten minutes with 10 line of "code?"

Ok, just a quick disclaimer, I can't really get my head around this but...

Had alot of mail, including death threats, (mostly from this geeky rock hard Atari forum) because a Atari St gets smashed to peices in this video, calling me a murderer! - you could not make it up! (the ST is not alive people??)

Anyhow........as I dont really give a shite, as i,ve never been spooked by a speccy 4 eyes, skinny geek, virgin, but I thought id make a point anyhow....

"the ST that was smashed, in the video, was a empty case from a ST that died years ago, and was made to look like the working one that also features on the video, so No REAL Atari ST's were damaged, and NO microchips were smashed!"

Really, you could not make this up!

Am thinking of piling up a atari 2600, 800xl, ST, falcon, Stacey, and a few monitors, up and pouring petrol on them for the next video, that would make them chuck their Joysticks out of the cot... hahaha and be a very satifying "artistic expression"

Max

Well, I won't do a hit record because I can't make music. Unfortunately so can't you but at least I can admit it.

And you are basicly a tit... get back to your wanking over 2nd life or what ever your do, watch some videos of Games or something.....

U havent a clue about what you are talking about, Having a wall full of HIT records, no1s in european countrys, and more remix's under my belt Id say I CAN make music, u prat!

U also said you could do better, then now you say you cant, make your mind up???? prize nob...

Max

Well, I won't do a hit record because I can't make music. Unfortunately so can't you but at least I can admit it.

And you are basicly a tit... get back to your wanking over 2nd life or what ever your do, watch some videos of Games or something.....

U havent a clue about what you are talking about, Having a wall full of HIT records, no1s in european countrys, and more remix's under my belt Id say I CAN make music, u prat!

U also said you could do better, then now you say you cant, make your mind up???? prize nob...

Max

Namecalling is not only indicative of bad character but also of a serious lack of arguments. I said I can loop samples with more variation. And so can the rest of the computer owning population of the planet. Also looping samples != music (that means "is not").

I wonder how you would know about second life? Is it the place where you got those HIT records and remixes? You know everyone can be what they like in that place. Even musicians..

OK, now you stirred your controversy, you made your video known to about 400 viewers in your youtube channel, feel free to go and troll somewhere else. But be warned, the internet might be a harsh place for you. Of course if you consider the internet harsh I can't even begin to imagine what real life might be like for you...

Generally, successful artists don't have time to engage in petty arguments with detractors.

Generally not thats for sure, you have a good point, but only ones who are a bit stupid...

I see "trolling" is not in the dictionary so do forgive me for not knowing what that meant...but now I do, you learn something new everyday!

Also having never played or seen 2nd life, I can't possible comment, I, dunno pal you tell me?

But looking at your youtube content, I quite clearly can see your life revolves around "fantasy" as-well, bet you live with your mum, and fantisise about women...any women...............

Yes PLEASE bar me from this forum please mr moderator, is a intellectual desert, that is for sure.

Max

Greetings new member!

For starters I could care less about the ST it was your property to do with as you wish however you chose to come to an Atari enthusiast board and crow about it. That my friend is a vain and terrible attempt to drum up publicity for your awful band. And happily it seems to be backfiring.

Second as for your talent...or severe lack there of I will test my theories this weekend as to what sounds closer to that noise you call "music" my cat chasing a bit of string back and forth across my piano or a box of ipods dumped into a clothes dryer set on full speed. Your music is choppy, it doesn't flow smoothly , it's badly organized and the video editing is atrocious.

You speak of "HIT" records and no1's in European countries well this just may be true because there are quite a number of small countries in Europe (like some places here in the States) where banging a wooden spoon on a used pie tin frightening sheep in a field is considered top drawer entertainment. Oh and remixes! yes those are awesome and attain a level of skill only reached by the likes of artists like Vanilla Ice, Coolio, and Michael Bolton :roll:

perhaps a sample of what real music sounds like? different genre's of course!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZWZbfuOyE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2eT-sTVys

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbzt1HnVzIQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dvyDWGF290M

Have fun and have a great day! :)

Thanks for posting that link Max, great video. The songs not too bad either and fits it's genre well. Oh before I forget, welcome to Atariage.

I think you're genuine and not a troll, certain members should chill out and then re-read their own posts before labelling someone a Troll! Not a good example to new users on the forums is it! Perhaps Max in future smashing up Commodore equipment might be the way to go.

Trev (Edit_5)

Edited by Edit_5

Greetings new member!

For starters I could care less about the ST it was your property to do with as you wish however you chose to come to an Atari enthusiast board and crow about it. That my friend is a vain and terrible attempt to drum up publicity for your awful band. And happily it seems to be backfiring.

Second as for your talent...or severe lack there of I will test my theories this weekend as to what sounds closer to that noise you call "music" my cat chasing a bit of string back and forth across my piano or a box of ipods dumped into a clothes dryer set on full speed. Your music is choppy, it doesn't flow smoothly , it's badly organized and the video editing is atrocious.

You speak of "HIT" records and no1's in European countries well this just may be true because there are quite a number of small countries in Europe (like some places here in the States) where banging a wooden spoon on a used pie tin frightening sheep in a field is considered top drawer entertainment. Oh and remixes! yes those are awesome and attain a level of skill only reached by the likes of artists like Vanilla Ice, Coolio, and Michael Bolton :roll:

perhaps a sample of what real music sounds like? different genre's of course!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZWZbfuOyE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2eT-sTVys

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbzt1HnVzIQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dvyDWGF290M

Have fun and have a great day! :)

Actually, ironicly all this is generating more publicity, and not backfiring! so stick your joystick up your arse.

+ you again, have no idea what you talking about, and I guess know nothing about record production only all the in's and out's of a atari ST, (where all the holes in the back are) so I can forgive you for the comments about the music and video, I guess it didnt feature a scrolling backdrop or something, so i apologise for that!

The reason this was posted in this forum is beacuse I (quite wrongly) though people who were interested in the Atari ST would appreciate a little homour (yes a laugh) and see one get smashed (It was a empty case, ILL SAY THAT AGAIN! - not a f***ink working model), but the people on here are breathtakingly ANAL, its unreal.....

Get back to you computer games anyhow, and Ill get back to my Crap, cat sounding, choppy, repetative, string scraping on piano music...and wallow in my self-pity of being bollocked by a bunch of geeky, fat, speccy, virgins....... How my heart is bleeding, I'M not gonna sleep now tonight, Im gonna cry.....

Max

Thanks for posting that link Max, great video. The songs not too bad either and fits it's genre well. Oh before I forget, welcome to Atariage.

I think you're genuine and not a troll, certain members should chill out and then re-read their own posts before labelling someone a Troll! Not a good example to new users on the forums is it! Perhaps Max in future smashing up Commodore equipment might be the way to go.

Trev (Edit_5)

Yeah c64 and amiga's next! nice one Trev..

Max