IGNORED

Atari St gets trashed in a new music video!

maxhall

From your comments, it's easy for me to see that I have a better life than you. You need to rethink your life. Rational reasons aside for using retro machines, people can have similar emotional attachment for inert and living objects and the emotional experience cannot be replaced with $.

The picture on the billboard is ALSO NOT your family member-- just a picture (and that also modified)-- just a piece of paper really worth a few bucks. More intelligent does not mean people who side with your destructive mentality.

Errm? WTF are u on with ? Picture? billboard? FAMILY? Sorry but u lost me in the realms of fantasy there.. .

Tit

Max

>>From your comments, it's easy for me to see that I have a better life than you. You need to rethink your life. Rational reasons aside for using retro machines, people can have similar emotional attachment for inert and living objects and the emotional experience cannot be replaced with $.

>>The picture on the billboard is ALSO NOT your family member-- just a picture (and that also modified)-- just a piece of paper really worth a few bucks. More intelligent does not mean people who side with your destructive mentality.

>Errm? WTF are u on with ? Picture? billboard? FAMILY? Sorry but u lost me in the realms of fantasy there.. .

>Tit

>Max

It's a simple point. Sorry, I never learned that language "WTF are u."

Maxhall, that was awesome!

Please smash some more ST/TT/FALCON stuff..

I have a Falcon I was going to smash soon, but if you promise to smash it really good in your next video, I'll send it to you..

I want to see it smashed REALLY good though.. And the video has to clearly show that it is a fully functional machine.. I dont know if they let you have guns over there in your country, but I was seriously considering using a 12ga shotgun to blow it to pieces.. If you want, I could destroy it really good, and then just send you the footage for use in your next video.. That would probably be alot cheaper/easier than overseas shipping..

I really did like your video and your music too.. Do youhave a website where we can check out more of your stuff?

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Typical diluted Amiga fanboy troll talk... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

your mom's a "fanboy"...

I'll smash a rare amiga too, if I get my hands on one cheap..

Ive already owned all this crap in the past, and sold it off... And that goes for most AMIGA, ST, C=64, and ATARI 8-bit models, including the falcon.. But heres a few facts for you.. First, the stuff is next to useless in this day & age when you compare it to modern PCs.. Second, the bulk of the useful/cool software out there will run on the less "rare & collectable" models, and lastly, I have next to nothing invested in this falcon.. Id love to see it smashed just for the sake of smashing it.. And if someone wants to donate an A3000T or whatever else to be smashed, I'm all for it..

:roll:

Please go away until you have something better to contribute to the world.

Moderator, please lock this thread. Thanks.

Perhaps the subject Thread should have read or been titile .....'Atari ST CASE gets smashed to smithereens in music vid.'

CASE being the operative word, as in not the electronics/components that make up the computer

Now if some peeps can just step back and take a deep breath and try and behave as the intelligent adults you make yourselves out to be, then we can continue, otherwise i second atarian1's suggestion

After all, it's just a case getting smashed, just happens that the CASE was made by Atari and it's of the STFM variety, would any of you peeps be peed of it it was a pc or a gaming system like sega, nintendo or sony (case only, ofcourse)

Where were you peeps when the who (in there prime) decided to smash to smithereens all their music equipment and supporting props in one of their early stadium gigs (that has since gone down in music folklore)...i didn't hear any of you complaining then (though your mothers might have done)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Perhaps the subject Thread should have read or been titile .....'Atari ST CASE gets smashed to smithereens in music vid.'

CASE being the operative word, as in not the electronics/components that make up the computer

Now if some peeps can just step back and take a deep breath and try and behave as the intelligent adults you make yourselves out to be, then we can continue, otherwise i second atarian1's suggestion

After all, it's just a case getting smashed, just happens that the CASE was made by Atari and it's of the STFM variety, would any of you peeps be peed of it it was a pc or a gaming system like sega, nintendo or sony (case only, ofcourse)

Where were you peeps when the who (in there prime) decided to smash to smithereens all their music equipment and supporting props in one of their early stadium gigs (that has since gone down in music folklore)...i didn't hear any of you complaining then (though your mothers might have done)

M8, at least u have brains!! lol

Max

There's a difference between accidentally and purposely-- shows a difference in mentality.

::NauticDive:: have just released a new music video, and it features a Atari ST!

The computer is used in the film, with repetative text scrolling in parts, then one of the members smash the crap out of it, with a pick axe handle!

Enjoy :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JT4VceBwkxU

Max

58 replies, as of my last viewing. Not bad.

Just curious - those of you who think this thread needs to be locked, why are you still arguing inside it? If you don't care for deliberate controversy, that's fine, but it's not like the guy hasn't admitted to the truth of the matter already.

He broke a broken computer.

What more do you want from him? You have your written confession.

The only flaming in this thread at this point is coming from the offended...

Edited by A Sprite

I know this is definitely a thread where few people agree, while some are and have quite valid thoughts on the issue, can others please at least be civil without comments meant to degrade, inflame, or bait anyone?

Watch out Lad's....the AA police are about and are keeping them peeled

Perhaps if the who had smashed up 'the collosus' (the Neumann/Turing invention, eventually destroyed by HM governemnt) instead of their music equipment, computer history as we know it might have turned out differenly

Edited by carmel_andrews

::NauticDive:: have just released a new music video, and it features a Atari ST!

58 replies, as of my last viewing. Not bad.

Just curious - those of you who think this thread needs to be locked, why are you still arguing inside it? If you don't care for deliberate controversy, that's fine, but it's not like the guy hasn't admitted to the truth of the matter already.

He broke a broken computer.

What more do you want from him? You have your written confession.

The only flaming in this thread at this point is coming from the offended...

Because you are missing the point like some others. If he was trying to just promote his video and saw his destroying even a representation of a machine as no bid deal, he has no reason in titling "Atari St gets trashed..." or

"The computer is used in the film, with repetative text scrolling in parts, then one of the members smash the crap out of it, with a pick axe handle! " Certainly that's not the purpose of the video unless he purposely did the video for that purpose. And if it's on purpose, then I can see a good reason for the complaints. You should see how he's wording things which is what we have to go by to find his intent.

And as I stated earlier, I don't see any good in smashing any instruments that goes on in some songs-- doesn't look like a healthy state of mind.

I don't even agree with your take on the video-- it's blurry and blocky.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for posting that link Max, great video. The songs not too bad either and fits it's genre well. Oh before I forget, welcome to Atariage.

I think you're genuine and not a troll, certain members should chill out and then re-read their own posts before labelling someone a Troll! Not a good example to new users on the forums is it! Perhaps Max in future smashing up Commodore equipment might be the way to go.

Trev (Edit_5)

Yeah c64 and amiga's next! nice one Trev..

Max

As much as I hated Commodore back in the day, I'd prefer to see PCs destroyed. There's nothing to be nostalgic about commodity hardware being destroyed.