IGNORED

Video Game Collector FRAUD

I subscribed I cant remember how long ago think when Issue 9 came out and FINALLY got 8-9 together (requested to start with 9 NOT 8 ) and then getting 10 said inside 1st or 2nd page Issue 11 out in August 08 and Issue 12 out in November WELLL August came and went and now November came and went I do enjoy the articles but when/If I get the issues remaning in my subscription I WONT renew Ill look for issues later if any on the used market or through Al if he stocks and sells them again

Edited by HatNJ

Well, I got a response from their unrelated distributor, saying videogamecollector will send me the mag I paid for, but they said to this distributor twice before they will look into it. Although they responded to him several times, not once did they respond to ME yet.

Next step is the Better Business Bureau, as I'm not giving them even $7 bucks for nothing. And I see they did cash the check. Perhaps we should spread the word to other "Atarians" how they do business, so that their practices would spell no business for them, which is where those practices naturally lead. But it would be nice to not have others get taken.....

I don't know why VGCollector is having issues. But they are are making it real easy for me (Video Game Trader) to steal market share. I guess I should be thankful that they are unreliable, but I hate to see people get ripped off.

Maybe I need to come up with some kind of promotion to give free subscriptions to their current "unhappy" subscribers ... I will have to think about that.

Tom

www.VideoGameTrader.com

PS. I do not use a "distributer" for my mailing. I do it all myself. I need to make sure it is done right. Our next issue (January) is due to go to press soon. We have been printing since May 2008 and have been bi-monthly since the 2nd printed issue. We print 6 times a year and have not yet missed a deadline. We offer a trial subscription for only $8.99 on our site (for 3 bi-monthly issues)

http://www.vgcollector.com/

I sent Video Game Collector the money for a magazine, they cashed my check, and gave me nothing.

They won't answer the phone, return emails, and still no response or mag after one of their distributors reminded and mentioned it to them.

Anyone else have problems with them?

http://www.vgcollector.com/

I sent Video Game Collector the money for a magazine, they cashed my check, and gave me nothing.

They won't answer the phone, return emails, and still no response or mag after one of their distributors reminded and mentioned it to them.

Anyone else have problems with them?

I have never had a problem with them. He comes in my comic shop a few times a year. NIce guy. I emailed him once for a some back issues. I had them in a week + he gave me extras. HHW

Well, I received the magazine I bought and a couple extra magazines. Keep in mind they ignored all requests for weeks and as soon as I mentioned Better Business Bureau they emailed back the next day, for the first time saying they would send my magazine that I paid for. After all, they cashed the check. I would never buy from them again, but is good they made it right. One poster said he just lets them send it whenever, and he gets surprised....which is fine if if they send them....In my case the surprise was that it was never coming.....but I'm not the only one saying this.

If they do a good business, people will buy.......if not, then it's fine for Video Game Trader or anyone else to pick up the slack if customers aren't getting treated properly. Or choose not to buy from VGC due to unreliability. VGC's own fault and own doing. Who won their "Dinner with Nolan" contest?

• 1 month later...

I subscribed after they worked out a problem I had. They had sent the wrong issue, one I already had ordered, but they mailed the correct issue out within a week. I really enjoy their articles and the photo's of the game boxes for the "highlighted" system is a cool idea. They also include a price guide for systems that many do not cover (ie Odyssey2, colecovision, vectrex, intellivision, etc.).

I hope they continue to produce magazines and honor subscriptions.

• 1 month later...

Glad I saw this post, I sent them a renewal payment in Dec 2007 and have never received anything last year for subscriptions. I emailed multiple times and no response (though never did on anything I emailed them). Are people still receiving them now? I loved the magazine, but pissed that I have $13 shot in the ass right now. I just emailed them again with a copy of the PayPal receipt and hopefully I will hear from them.

Has issue #10 been released? I renewed in September 2008 and haven't seen anything. 2 recent emails to vgcmagazine@aol.com have gone unanswered.

I saw it at the Digital Press store in Jersey, so it exists. Whether or not it was ever shipped out to subscribers is another matter.

Yes Issue 10 is out I got it a long while ago

8I am a subscriber (will not ever renew again ) inside of Front cover page said Issue 11 out AUG 2008 and Issue 12 out NOV 2008

BUT we know that result more claims they made that went unfulfilled

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, same problem here. I subscribed through their website a long time ago, issue 4-7, never got a one. I e-mailed many times and received no reply. Of course since they are a quarterly mag I gave them benefit of the doubt and waited three months before questioning the fact that I didn't receive a single issue. When I brought it to my credit card company it was too late to dispute! It's too bad because I did buy issues 1-3 else where and I enjoyed them.

I saw it at the Digital Press store in Jersey, so it exists. Whether or not it was ever shipped out to subscribers is another matter.

It's, uh, NEW Jersey! It's a peninusula dropping down from New York State, not an island off the coast of England.

Edited by rolenta

• 5 weeks later...
I subscribed after they worked out a problem I had. They had sent the wrong issue, one I already had ordered, but they mailed the correct issue out within a week. I really enjoy their articles and the photo's of the game boxes for the "highlighted" system is a cool idea. They also include a price guide for systems that many do not cover (ie Odyssey2, colecovision, vectrex, intellivision, etc.).

I hope they continue to produce magazines and honor subscriptions.

I take back what I said earlier. They are not returning my e-mails and their phone number is not working. B@stards still have a subscription money and I'm not happy about it.