IGNORED

Video Game Collector FRAUD

I tried to contact them multiple times, never got a reply. I am kind of perplexed because I never had a single problem with them until I renewed my subscription to begin with issue #10. Hopefully someone will step up, be responsible, and handle this mess.

I was a subscriber since day 1, around issue 6 or 7 they stopped coming but I have no idea how long I subscribed for, it was a long time ago. I was never sent any renewal info though so I just figured they were not making new issues any more (out of buisiness). Whats the last one that was made?

I don't see what the problem is. I just received issue 14, which was personally delivered to me by a leprechaun on a unicorn.

Ya we know what world you are in!

My disclaimer---I never got paid for my involvement other than free ad space for a bunch of issues.

I used to help with the guide and Shawn Jones the owner of the Mag used to live about 15 min from me. I have not seen him in over a year now. I think he opened a store at a mall on the other side of town selling cards and stuff called Neutral Zone at Mid rivers Mall in St charles MO. You all could try calling the store 636 397.8697 they might have some more info if hes even the owner? I loved the Mag in its day and tried to help as much as he would let me. I really wish it would have been able to make it but for the most part people are to cheap to pay for paper when they can get it for free on the net.

Edited by Trade-N-Games

I loved the Mag in its day and tried to help as much as he would let me. I really wish it would have been able to make it but for the most part people are to cheap to pay for paper when they can get it for free on the net.

Do you know if he's stopped publishing the magazine?

I do agree that it has to be really tough to produce a printed magazine these days. Just look at how many newspapers and magazines have gone under in the last few years.

..Al

I loved the Mag in its day and tried to help as much as he would let me. I really wish it would have been able to make it but for the most part people are to cheap to pay for paper when they can get it for free on the net.

Do you know if he's stopped publishing the magazine?

I do agree that it has to be really tough to produce a printed magazine these days. Just look at how many newspapers and magazines have gone under in the last few years.

..Al

#10 was the last one I have seen out around town. It was great when it was out. Many people loved it. It cost him alot of money to publish each issue and it was doing very well for a few years and then I think it got bigger to soon for him and then he was falling behind and then it seemed like overnight everyone had a problem with it. Print books and mags are in the trash over the last year. My book Classic 80's Home Video games did well for the first part of last year and then ok for Christmas season but Its like pulling teeth at the shows that I have attended to get anyone to spend $20 on a 400 page book. So I would guess the fate of his mag was decided quick when the economy went to the pitts.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received Issue 11 on Monday and only note in that issue about delays was Thanks for your support

and they have a new Editor wonder if communication will improve We will see

Anyone else get the new Issue # 11?

Yes, I was surprised to receive it in the mail a few weeks ago.

Still missing #10 however. I'm going to contact them again, using the info in issue #11, and see how the customer service is.

• 1 year later...

Time to bump an old thread I guess since the website seems to be updated in 2011.

http://www.vgcollector.com/index.html

Has a BIG thing about Big Bang Exclusive "King of Kong" Special Issue From reading on its suppose to be Issue 12

I think I'm still subscribed but they seem to be aiming at per issue sales I KNOW I should get issue 12 but How they handle subscriptions

is unknown I'll try and email and see if I get a response.

If they are trying to come back and not do subscriptions then at least hook up the remaing ones who did subscribe and were not treated with respect.

Their email is a little fishy vgcmagazine@aol.com Why an AOL address not their own domain??

Im pretty sure I picked up issue #1 in store at Tradengames...Jason was aprt of the first run of production, then things went south????? Not real sure all the inside details, but I only got like 5 mags for my subscription fee and never received the rest or my money back..I could call sometimes and get someone at the beginning, sorry to hear this has been drug out to 11 issues. The mag is full of terrible editing and lack of titles in part of the collections.....

Nothing is worse than using an unreliable source for a checklist when you are trying to collect all of a certain system titles.....

good luck to all who have been shafted by this mag....