IGNORED

SIO hub?

bf2k+

There's this from Rick at More Than Games. I'm sure I've seen other things like it too. Perhaps at ABBUC? No too sure. Never tried any of them myself.

look at CSS for Multiplexer and Quintopus. It is a good idea to contact Bob if it is still available. I used them in the early 90s when I worked with an extended XL in my office.

For quick connections I customized my 800XL with a second SIO on the back, which is enough for todays hobby usage.

And the newest item is the ASCB (look at the fotos in this thread) made by megahz for ABBUC, which is available in different configurations.

For quick connections I customized my 800XL with a second SIO on the back, which is enough for todays hobby usage.

This would suggest that multiple connectors could be connected in parallel to do what I am looking for which is connecting multiple peripherals at one point (instead of daisy-chaining them).

I wonder though if voltage problems would occur in a setup like this...

This would suggest that multiple connectors could be connected in parallel to do what I am looking for which is connecting multiple peripherals at one point (instead of daisy-chaining them).

I wonder though if voltage problems would occur in a setup like this...

I have used a CSS Quintopus for quite a few years. I typically have 3 or 4 SIO cables attached to the hub (+ 1 input from the computer). No voltage issues, ever. BTW, the Quintopus has 5 IC's on its PCB -- I don't know the purpose. Four are 74HCT4066 and one has a different number (which I can't read). My switching PS for my 130XE which powers the SIO chain is rated at 4 amps.

-Larry

BTW, the Quintopus has 5 IC's on its PCB -- I don't know the purpose. Four are 74HCT4066 and one has a different number (which I can't read).

That's interesting. I have a deluxe quintopus and it has spaces for 5 IC's but none of them are populated and it works just fine.

Well, 74HCT4066 are electronic switches. I think for selecting between sets of peripherals.

Without them, all of the jacks are probably just connected together. Hard to know without the board.

My SIO Spider is just a passive hub, no selecting/switching/buffering(but the sio daisy chain is very robust). But with upgrade features.

You are more likely to have voltage/current drops, or signal noise issues with long runs.

Rick D.

Edited by a8maestro

Well, 74HCT4066 are electronic switches. I think for selecting between sets of peripherals.

Without them, all of the jacks are probably just connected together. Hard to know without the board.

My SIO Spider is just a passive hub, no selecting/switching/buffering(but the sio daisy chain is very robust). But with upgrade features.

You are more likely to have voltage/current drops, or signal noise issues with long runs.

Rick D.

Is your Spider a project or something you sell?

• 6 years later...