IGNORED

If you could have any arcade machine in your house...

Ferret75

Then which would you have?

I think it would be cool to have Mortal Kombat machine personally.

I am working on the Sit down Star wars that I bought, that was my dream machine :D

Me too. I have the ESB mod in mine as well....Needs a lot of cosmetic work and a few solder

joints fixed but it does work. Then there is my Gorf :love: :love: :love:

Wow, that is cool,hopefully I'll get mine working. I have all the parts now just need the time. ESB mod would be next for sure if I can find one.

Have any Gorf pics? I have one and it's decent but has some flaking paint on the top. I even bought a spare set of boards and sealed them up aand put em in storage in case this one dies!

Awwww, no love for warlords?

I guess I am the only one who loves controlled chaos... XD

You're right--if you have some friends to play Warlords with, it's amazingly kick-ass. We were up until 5am or so at the Houston Arcade Expo playing round after round on a cocktail Warlords with four people, with the loser sitting out the next round. Oh, and we were drinking plenty of beer. Warlords is definitely on my short list..

..Al

The story was really good reading, unfortunately I don't remember where I saw it.

Back in "the day" when Tempest came out this guy would play the heck out of Tempest if I remember correct after hours too. He owned the arcade. He dumped the ROM and hacked the thing with a hex editor or whatever. One thing at a time (one byte at a time?). He kept doing it repeatedly to see what things would do. Eventually he was able to make different levels. Really hard and curvy ones. It was called Tempest Tubes. It was to bring new life to a game and make it last in the arcades longer. Only a few places had this version. This was unofficial until Hasbro Interactive included Tempest in its Atari Arcade Hits: Volume 1 for PC in 1999.

You can get the ROM here and instructions to install it:

http://www.marvin3m.com/video/tempest.htm

PS - Don't quote me on that entire story.. It's been awhile since I read it, but that's the basics of it pretty much. As I sat there and read the story I had sweet visions in my head of being a kid again, some mad scientist concocting things in his laboratory.

I remember some arcades had the pac-man speed hack, or those games that came in generic arcade cabinets. I loved those! Same fake wood grain cabinet, but some dude would come every month or so and swap out boards throughout his "route" to switch up the games from time to time.

Yes, Tempest, but with the extra levels mod.

Not familiar with that, but sounds intriguing. :D

..Al

Edited by yuppicide

Wow, that is cool,hopefully I'll get mine working. I have all the parts now just need the time. ESB mod would be next for sure if I can find one.

Have any Gorf pics? I have one and it's decent but has some flaking paint on the top. I even bought a spare set of boards and sealed them up aand put em in storage in case this one dies!

Gorf pics...hmmmm...let me look....Here....not the best angles but a sample. I should take more but here are 3.

post-3357-1232116836_thumb.jpgpost-3357-1232116873_thumb.jpg

post-3357-1232116894_thumb.jpg

I had this spare Gorf cab. I am in the middle of turing it into a Console arcade machine

for my classic machines. Here is that so far.

post-3357-1232116993_thumb.jpg post-3357-1232117011_thumb.jpg

And my SW....

post-3357-1232117031_thumb.jpg

Star Trek:Strategic Operations Simulator and Firefox.

Got this for my Converta-Game Sega/Gremlin cab...which houses Eliminator

at the moment. I'm looking to sell the Unit with.

Eliminator

Zector board set

Star Trek Board set

and I think I have another set ...forget which though.

I have to repair a few solder joints on the monitor and clean up

the cabinet a bit.

Make me an offer I cant refuse(I know what its worth too so dont try to low ball me ;) )

EDIT:

TacScan was the other set I have. :D

Edited by Gorf

Gorf pics...hmmmm...let me look....Here....not the best angles but a sample. I should take more but here are 3.

I had this spare Gorf cab. I am in the middle of turing it into a Console arcade machine

And my SW....

Very Cool! I'll try to post some of mine over the weekend.

Thanks!

Love that Starwars Goodness! :D

And my SW....

Here you go! I have about 12 others at work, some are done and some are in progress like my Star Wars sit down. The Centipede has the Multipede mod for Millipede and centipede, Total carnage has a switch for Smash TV as well. To the left of the Spirit of 76 is is my hacked up Klax that I use for 48 in 1 testing and monitor testing (presently has 48 in 1 and a VGA monitor). All my machines work properly,just had the back off California Speed to adjust the HV on the tube a bit. I hope to build my building in the spring while things are cheap, so I'll have to wait to bring the rest of the machines home. I am even getting so bad about buying these that I have 2 others stored at a buddys house till next week and 2 machines I have till the end of the week to pickup including a side by side Tokyo wars. Crazy huh!?

In the last Pic that is my Ms Pac with the speed up chip ( you can see my cat in the background).

post-17409-1232324313_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324322_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324330_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324338_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324347_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324354_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324364_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324371_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324379_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324405_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324411_thumb.jpg

post-17409-1232324420_thumb.jpg

Edited by atarian63

Nice. I had a Blasteroids once, and one of the full size Smash TV's (and a TC boardset for it).

I swear I must be the only person who has a Badlands (no not that crappy LD game, the other Badlands :P). I've never met another person who had one, and very few people who ever saw one.

Thank you!

I have seen a couple Badlands I beleive, thats the one kind of like the track game from my pics right?

Edited by atarian63

That's easy. I would pick the Indiana Jones Pinball that I currently own. I doubt I would ever sell it. I played it so many times when the machine was brand new in 1993, I likely could have used that money to buy the current one I own and have some left over!

I've played the one I currently own the most out of all my machines. I have put around 1500 plays on the IJ machine and I've only owned it for 1.5 years.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Atarian63,

I see you have a Dig Dug cabinet, and I do as well. I'm looking to get some second opinions as to how to fix mine; it's playable but has color distortion issues, I guess. Not sure how to diagnose exactly what the deal is and the pics I have aren't terribly clear, but something don't look right. But if you think you might have enough knowledge of fixing them maybe I could send you some pics?

Hey Atarian63,

I see you have a Dig Dug cabinet, and I do as well. I'm looking to get some second opinions as to how to fix mine; it's playable but has color distortion issues, I guess. Not sure how to diagnose exactly what the deal is and the pics I have aren't terribly clear, but something don't look right. But if you think you might have enough knowledge of fixing them maybe I could send you some pics?

sure, PM me some pics.

My guess is that it probably needs a cap kit, you just need the model of the monitor(probably Electrohome G07) or like, if you can solder it's pretty easy. The caps dry out from age and fail.

I buy all my kits from

http://arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/parts.html

This is Bob Roberts and he has an excellent reputation.

If you don't like doing it yourself I can also recommend Chad Entringer, he is a great guy,good work and reasonable. Just send the Chassis (monitor circuit board) to him and turnaround is quick.

http://www.arcadecup.com/

Edited by atarian63