1) What is the DYNAMIC skin?
- Well,since we have the dual previews/boxarts and videos at the same in the news emus
(thanks to Nes6502, and now madmab, and for sure differents great coders in the future) and since each user is different,We had a loooot of differents suggestions about the
best gameselect screen disposition:
A lot of users like the videos dual with title screen,
other users want only boxarts since they don't have space for videos
other wants dual videos with boxarts
others want big videos and big boxarts
others want only screenshots
So, with only one skin, lots of users will be disapointed....
That is why we have created the DYNAMIC skin, a skin where you can move manually the size/position of each of the gameselect elements: video window, preview window, boxart, rombrowser blade, system logo, buttons, etc... you can even disable them!
You only want screenshots? eh, no problem, simply disable the video window sprite
you want only screenshots but sometimes a video for few games? All in the same window? ok, set the video size/position in the preview window.
I really think we have find a great solution with Madmab, RessurectionX and Run088 about this dynamic skin,it will solve a lot of problems, and the sprites render well
better in hd. It would have been a PAIN for the skinner to release 20 differents versions with subtles differences of the same skin! what a confusion! A lot of space saved for nothing!
2) You want to change the gameselect screen,How to use the DYNAMIC Skin?
- Well, there is 2 solutions:
A) The easy solution: simply go to
"configure skin/load skin configuration"
and choose one of the following pre-made configs if you have a good old standard TV:
-SDTV big movies_big boxarts
-SDTV big movies_big previews
-SDTV big previews only
-SDTV boxarts only
-SDTV med movies_med boxarts
-SDTV med movies_med previews
-SDTV med previews only
Choose one of the followings if you have a HD TV:
-HDTV big movies_big boxarts
-HDTV big movies_big previews
-HDTV big previews only
-HDTV boxarts only
-HDTV med movies_med boxarts
-HDTV med movies_med previews
-HDTV only med previews
B)The "less" easy solution:
- None of these configurations are ok for you?
you want to change the gameselect banner or disable the buttons?
Ok, you must set the sprites yourself!So, go to:
"configure skin/skin editor/"
Here you will be able to move the size/position of each sprites, replace them (change the number) or disable them (set the sprite number to "none").
EXAMPLE: You want to change the gameselect banner, go to:
"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/sprites settings/configure sprite 1" and choose your banner here!
- The text isn't at your tastes?
Ok, go to
"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/text settings"
and set the size/position/widht/etc... of the text
- The video preview, the screenshots and the boxarts aren't at the good position?
Ok, go to:
"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/background settings"
Here you will be able to set them (move to the right to see the differents settings)
When you have finished; you can save the changes you have made, simply go to:
"configure skin/save skin configuration" to save your settings
3) Difference between the SDTV and HDTV settings:
- The "missing boxart" and preview/video borders are less wide in the hdtv settings, because the image is automatically stretched , so these sprites appear at the correct aspect ratio in all the settings
- The font (MS trebuchet) is "bold" in HDTV settings and "thin" in the sdtv settings, or else the font would be too big in the sdtv settings.
- The "in game option video preview" is at the correct aspect ratio in the hdtv settings (less wide).
4) You want to use the DYNAMIC skin with an old XPORT emu?
You can! But you have to rename yourself one of the pre-made configs to "settings.ini" and overwrite the old "settings.ini" in the skin root.
5) Special thanks to madmab, to make the DYNAMIC skin possible,
especially the ability to see the differents sprites
(the windows sprites) when you are adjusting the video preview, the screenshots
and the boxarts. AND the ability to be able to choose your favorite skin settings
The hard part is done! Thanks to grospixels (www.grospixels.com)for their excellents remixed videogames musics.
Edited by gilou9999, Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 AM.