IGNORED

Classic Video Gamer Magazine coming soon! We need your input!

Classic Video Gamer User Poll  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather the first issue be digital or in print?

• Digital
    • Print
  2. 2. Would you like to see us cover all retro systems?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What are you willing to pay for an issue (keeping in mind that what we charge is to cover our costs which is still undetermined)

• I am willing to pay the cover price as long as it's reasonable (under $7.00)
    • I'd rather read it for free
  4. 4. If we did a print version of CVG, would you prefer B&W or color print?

• B&W
    • Color
    • Doesn't matter; the content is more important

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Like the topic states, we need your input on the up-and-coming premier issue of Classic Video Gamer. We're having a dilemma; we're debating on releasing the first couple issues as free digital downloads and then moving to print if interest in it is there, but we need to hear from you guys -- our fellow AA family members -- before any of this can happen.

Classic Video Gamer Magazine is staffed by fellow AA members who contribute everyday in one form or another, so there will be a familiar tone to the content when you read the first issue. And yes, I will talk about my Jaguar collection. :D (Clears throat)

As the name implies, we will focus on classic gaming dating as far back as the Atari 2600 to as current as the Sega Dreamcast, so there will be something for everyone.

How we produce the magazine -- and whether it stays in digital format or ends up in print -- will be decided by the feedback we get from our fellow gamers here at Atari Age. Please remember that we're doing this for the fun of it and we're not looking to make tall promises that we cannot deliver.

The staff and I at CVG Magazine look forward to hearing from you!

Look for our website coming soon!

Edited by STGuy1040

I appreciate the responses! I would also like to mention that CVG will also cover classic 8-bit computer gaming (Atari / Commodore) to classic 16-bit computer gaming (ST / Amiga); sorry for not mentioning this earlier. (Slaps forehead)

Edited by STGuy1040

always good to see a retro gaming mag come out.

I do a fanzine myself(right now it on hiatus) but basically the fanzine goes to print then after a few weeks the printed issue goes out I put up the pdf version online.

so maybe doing both might be good.

That's a great idea! Thank you. :)

Edited by STGuy1040

I would love to see a print version. I don't have a problem paying more for a copy. It just isn't the same reading it on a computer monitor.

You should have a dedicated section to homebrews for the various systems. It is great reading about the classic games but fresh info about new games for the old systems brings back that excitement when the systems were new.

I would love to see a print version. I don't have a problem paying more for a copy. It just isn't the same reading it on a computer monitor.

You should have a dedicated section to homebrews for the various systems. It is great reading about the classic games but fresh info about new games for the old systems brings back that excitement when the systems were new.

I also think a special homebrew section would be awesome.

I think having a homebrew section is a great idea!

Who would like to contribute a homebrew column to CVG? Send a PM if you're interested!

perhaps you could cover not just the gaming market (i.e. vcs/7800 nes, Cv etc etc) but also the computer market as well (i.e. a8 c64, speccy, st/amiga etc), as well as emulation and all the latest homebrewing efforts (both h/w and software and console and computer)

As well as interviews with the leading lights in the classic gaming/retroputing and emulation/homebrew scene

Keep up with the great ideas!

We plan on reviewing games for the Atari consoles, A8 computers, and the Atari ST computers. The content will rotate every issue to keep the content fresh.

I remember Arnie Katz and his Fanzine reviews! This is something to consider if Faneds are willing to contribute their web links / printed issues for review. :)

-Mike

I want CVG to be a one-stop resource for Retro gaming. The goal is to offer reviews, interviews, articles, and homebrew content that will cater to everyone. The content will be spread across each issue, so for example -- one issue may contain A8 game reviews (among other things) while the next issue may contain Atari ST game reviews; I want the content to be on a rotating basis so the size of the publication can be reasonable and the cost maintainable for everyone.

Keep up with the great ideas!

We plan on reviewing games for the Atari consoles, A8 computers, and the Atari ST computers. The content will rotate every issue to keep the content fresh.

I remember Arnie Katz and his Fanzine reviews! This is something to consider if Faneds are willing to contribute their web links / printed issues for review. :)

-Mike

back in the day when Arnie reviewed one of my fanzines, I would get a lot of people to subscribe to my zine.(of every 1 person who left we picked up two new ones and few of the old ones renewed.

I will be glad to send you a copy of the Atari zone fanzine for review(as soon it gets done,still on hiatus ,since I'm no longer the editor,but I do publish it) and if you make a mention about fanzines being reviewed

I'm sure they will send out a copy to be reviewed I know Al backiel would prob send a copy of the 2600 connection to you.It like free publicity anyways for fanzines.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Perhaps it would be an idea to make a web based version first with a few pages of information about the content of the magazine with the option of a free downloadable e-book/pdf/ms word version available (which will be the full version)

Also i think the name CVG and C&VG have been used already (Emap had the name in the 80's and 90's) Perhaps you want to use another name or title

Perhaps it would be an idea to make a web based version first with a few pages of information about the content of the magazine with the option of a free downloadable e-book/pdf/ms word version available (which will be the full version)

Also i think the name CVG and C&VG have been used already (Emap had the name in the 80's and 90's) Perhaps you want to use another name or title

I'm familiar with Computer & Video Games (C&VG) but I can't seem to remember what magazine CVG stood for.

I think Emap used both incarnations (i.e C&VG and CVG) as i am told that the mag was relaunched this last decade...I only remember the mag though from it's eighties/nineties incarnation

Seems as though i am right, wikipaedia, confirms my thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_and_Video_Games

....the present incarnation is now published by future publishing

Perhaps you can call your one CCVG or RCVG (the c and the r refer to classic or retro respectively)

Edited by carmel_andrews

I think Emap used both incarnations (i.e C&VG and CVG) as i am told that the mag was relaunched this last decade...I only remember the mag though from it's eighties/nineties incarnation

Perhaps you can call your one CCVG or RCVG (the c and the r refer to classic or retro respectively)

I appreciate the heads up on this! I certainly wouldn't want a legal battle over something as simple as a name. I'll work on a variation to prevent any confusion or issues with Future Publishing.

-Mike

I appreciate the heads up on this! I certainly wouldn't want a legal battle over something as simple as a name. I'll work on a variation to prevent any confusion or issues with Future Publishing.

-Mike

Don't know if these are already taken but heres a couple ideas:

Vintage Video Gamer

Vintage Video Gaming

Vintage Gaming

Classic Gaming