IGNORED

Spreading the love with Free Games and more! - 3rd Edition!

ClassicGMR

No Mirage, don't worry about it. You're not a scrooge & no one is put off by paying shipping charges. It's completely up to the giver. I never complained about it & defend the folks like you who have contributed the most to this thread & offer good communications & quick shipping. Kudos to you sir!

Peace

No Mirage, don't worry about it. You're not a scrooge & no one is put off by paying shipping charges. It's completely up to the giver. I never complained about it & defend the folks like you who have contributed the most to this thread & offer good communications & quick shipping. Kudos to you sir!

Peace

That's what I figured, but it means a lot to me that you said so... so thank you.

And for what it's worth, if I ever see anything else in here that I want to claim, I have NO issue with paying shipping charges in any case. And I don't necessarily feel I have any "right" to take anything just because I gave stuff out either. I wanted to get rid of some stuff, so that was reward in and of itself. The free stuff coming my way was a very nice bonus though!

I agree with midnight. I had NO issue at all paying Mirage for the shipping charges on the bunch of carts I wanted.

I wanted them. You offered them for free but you didn't offer to pay me $7 for the privilege. That's how I see it. :)

There are people here over-thinking this. If an offerer wants shipping and you don't agree then withdraw your claim. Simple as that. I - personally - have no problems claiming something and paying shipping.

'Nuff said.

By the way I believe the list is updated again. Just keep telling me if I miss stuff! :D

Edited by ClassicGMR

Regarding the shipping situation, I actually didn't remember from the other threads any hard and fast rule on that.

Typically on larger items you paid for shipping. On smaller items, it was up to the person offering the items. When I claimed the Dreamcast (when Dryfter was moderating it) I paid shipping, but on a couple of loose games I didn’t. There was one game in particular where I had to pay shipping, but that was the only time it happened. It really didn't bother me because I was getting a game that I really wanted.

Regarding the shipping situation, I actually didn't remember from the other threads any hard and fast rule on that.

Typically on larger items you paid for shipping. On smaller items, it was up to the person offering the items. When I claimed the Dreamcast (when Dryfter was moderating it) I paid shipping, but on a couple of loose games I didn’t. There was one game in particular where I had to pay shipping, but that was the only time it happened. It really didn't bother me because I was getting a game that I really wanted.

Yeah, I updated my recollection in a later post. It's kinda been back and forth the entire time. In the first post in this thread now, unless it was just changed, it says work it out between the two parties. Since different people have different ideas on how it should be or could work, maybe that's the best argument for just leaving it as "work it out amongst yourselves"?

Regarding shipping costs...

I think we should indicate when we post our items whether we will pay the shipping costs for that particular item or whether we expect the person claiming the item to bear that burden, and that information should be shown next to the item on the master list. That would clear up all confusion.

Edited by Christophero Sly

I think we should indicate when we post our items whether we will pay the shipping costs for that particular item or whether we expect the person claiming the item to bear that burden, and that information should be shown next to the item on the master list. That would clear up all confusion.

Good idea. Then that can of course change as circumstances arise, like if two people end up basically sending each other stuff, or for whatever other reason. At least that way everyone knows the expectation. That's why I stated upfront, taker pays shipping + pp fees where applicable.

That works fine. Good idea.

I hope no one thinks I'm being a scrooge. That's not my intention at all. I just tried to give a lot of stuff away to people who would appreciate it, in the only way that made any sense to me in my particular situation.

I wasn't directing any insinuations at anyone just to be clear. And certainly not towards someone that shelled out for shipping in the past. I just think people are confused about what to do with shipping and how to go about it & Chris's idea works fine IMO, much simpler so just go with that.

Cheers

I hope no one thinks I'm being a scrooge. That's not my intention at all. I just tried to give a lot of stuff away to people who would appreciate it, in the only way that made any sense to me in my particular situation.

I wasn't directing any insinuations at anyone just to be clear. And certainly not towards someone that shelled out for shipping in the past. I just think people are confused about what to do with shipping and how to go about it & Chris's idea works fine IMO, much simpler so just go with that.

Cheers

No, I didn't think you were insinuating anything at anyone, or at me... I still just wanted to be clear about my intentions and hoping everyone was okay with it. It's all cool.

If only it were that simple!

I don't charge people shipping if they request a single free cart, but if you ask for 5, then yeah, I think you should at least contribute.

Seriously, guys, we're all getting way too wound up about this.

The idea is to give stuff away. Nobody should ever make you feel guilty for not giving stuff away properly! Just do what feels right. Something is still free whether you have to pay to have it shipped or not -- just a little less so. :D

I said the same thing myself a few times. :)

There are people here over-thinking this. If an offerer wants shipping and you don't agree then withdraw your claim. Simple as that. I - personally - have no problems claiming something and paying shipping.

'Nuff said.

Oops... by the way Mirage I didn't come right out and say it earlier but I did get the box today. Thanks! :D

And thanks to you all my Atari collection is coming along nicely(meaning I have games to play!!). I - for one - definitely appreciate you all!! :lust:

Edited by ClassicGMR

If only it were that simple!

I don't charge people shipping if they request a single free cart, but if you ask for 5, then yeah, I think you should at least contribute.

The idea is to give stuff away. Nobody should ever make you feel guilty for not giving stuff away properly! Just do what feels right. Something is still free whether you have to pay to have it shipped or not -- just a little less so. :D

Nothing is ever simple. Least of all, "just do what feels right".

Some folks just have some concerns about who pays for shipping costs. That's understandable and their confusion shouldn't be dismissed out-of-hand. Take it or leave it, but my idea could bring a little order to the situation and might help to clear up at least some confusion. Obviously, most will expect shipping compensation for large items or multiple item requests. If that's the case, they can easily mention it when they post their items.

And for the record, I've paid for shipping on everything I given away in this thread(s) thus far, and I think for most items, that's the way it should be.

Edited by Christophero Sly

And for the record, I've paid for shipping on everything I given away in this thread(s) thus far, and I think for most items, that's the way it should be.

I've only asked for shipping costs twice -- once for a whole slew of controllers, another for a half dozen 5200 carts -- and I agree that's the way it should be. More importantly, I've yet to claim a single item posted by anyone else, so anyone who wants to argue with me over shipping charges better be prepared for a smackdown. :D

Edited by Captain Beard

Yep, I can understand both sides. I just put up a bunch of NES carts for some gameboy carts and I'm willing to pay the shipping. What if 7 different people claim 7 different carts? It would actually cost me a hell of a lot to package up and ship 7 different games to 7 different people as oppossed to shipping them in a lot. Oh well, I've commited and will pay for shipping because the person I'm getting the gameboy games from is shipping to me.

I like the idea of stating if you'll ship free or not in the master thread when you donate something. That will make it easier for everyone. However, there is a potential problem that may put some people off: I wouldn't want to see people claim something from a thread where the donater agrees to pay shipping then that person turns around and donates something but says they won't pay shipping. The way I see it, if you claim something from someone who agrees to pay shipping, whatever that person donates (unless really heavy) they should be obligated to pay shipping to the next person. No one should be able to claim with free shipping and donate but charge shipping. Its a kind of double dipping that doesn't seem fair IMO.

Hornets nest? Maybe it will come to that but its a potential problem.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I like the idea of stating if you'll ship free or not in the master thread when you donate something. That will make it easier for everyone. However, there is a potential problem that may put some people off: I wouldn't want to see people claim something from a thread where the donater agrees to pay shipping then that person turns around and donates something but says they won't pay shipping. The way I see it, if you claim something from someone who agrees to pay shipping, whatever that person donates (unless really heavy) they should be obligated to pay shipping to the next person. No one should be able to claim with free shipping and donate but charge shipping. Its a kind of double dipping that doesn't seem fair IMO.
You're right. That wouldn't be fair. However, that scenario could occur regardless of whether or not shipping expectations are explicitly stated. It may already have occurred. Edited by Christophero Sly

Yep, I can understand both sides. I just put up a bunch of NES carts for some gameboy carts and I'm willing to pay the shipping. What if 7 different people claim 7 different carts? It would actually cost me a hell of a lot to package up and ship 7 different games to 7 different people as oppossed to shipping them in a lot. Oh well, I've commited and will pay for shipping because the person I'm getting the gameboy games from is shipping to me.

Hornets nest? Maybe it will come to that but its a potential problem.

Perfectly put Leaf. I agree a 100%.

Peace

Regarding your concern AtariLeaf, I think it's basically honor-system. I doubt there's many, or any, here that would do that. It seems like this thread has worked very well so far, at least as far as I've noticed. I doubt that would be an issue. There may be one bad egg showing up at some point, but that shouldn't stop anyone else.

Would like to claim as a lot:

Throne of Darkness - Jakenut86

Space Rangers - Jakenut86

Space Rangers II - Jakenut86

Spacehack - Jakenut86

Sims 2 Pets - Jakenut86

Sacred Gold - Jakenut86

Return of Arcade - Jakenut86

Republic Commando - Jakenut86

NeverEnd - Jakenut86

Half-Life 1 Anthology w/cd key - Jakenut86

Fate - Jakenut86

Farscape - Jakenut86

Dangerous Waters - Jakenut86

Combat Mission III - Jakenut86

Alice - Jakenut86

Will post the same number of PC games as a lot.

PM sent to Jakenut86, waiting reply.

Thanks,

AX