IGNORED

Wanted: SuperChip-based Atari 2600 Carts

Albert

There is a chip that could be used which would include bank-switching, RAM, and ROM all within a single inexpensive chip, but it's only available in surface-mount. The latter chip will probably be used for 2600 carts in the future, but that design isn't finalized yet.

What chip were you talking about here? Thanks.

--Selgus

There is a chip that could be used which would include bank-switching, RAM, and ROM all within a single inexpensive chip, but it's only available in surface-mount. The latter chip will probably be used for 2600 carts in the future, but that design isn't finalized yet.

--Selgus

The same chip that powers the Harmony boards.

--Selgus

The same chip that powers the Harmony boards.

Hmm, at ~$3 per chip, this might make a good candidate for making RAM PLUS type games, or maybe even more RAM banks.

--Selgus

• 13 years later...
  • 1 year later...

On 9/23/2022 at 4:14 PM, jan711 said:
Is this PCB still available for purchase somewhere? I need three of these?

thanks

I would also like to get a few for a project.  Just acquired a few super football carts for a project. I would also be fine with getting the cad files and having some produced.

@CPUWIZ @Albert

-Matt

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

I should have some more left, but my stuff isn't open source.  Bit busy these days, organize a batch with someone and get back here with it.  And know what you want please, E.G.  PCB + PLD (16K)

I got to say this is one more super cool thing that you @CPUWIZ did that I wasn't previously aware of.

• Thanks 1

I am looking to build NTSC versions of Klax and Fatal Run for personal use,  and for learning.  So based on what I found online I would need F6SC and F4SC.  I would probably want a spare of each in case I mess up. 

Thanks,

Matt

But, Fatal Run is less of a priority now since Atari will now be releasing Fatal Run as an XP cartridge.  Although I hate to open it since it is limited. I really wish they would build standard versions too.