Right, well I've finally got stuck in http://www.facebook....=3&l=ffd5473025
I started with a pretty scrotty VIC-20, just in case it went horribly wrong.. I think I'm in love again after seeing the results.. Such a beautiful creature once again!! Even though it's the one that case a few gouges in it and black marks.. I can't wait to do my special VIC
Then a 65XE, the keys needed two blasts but it worked a treat!
Currently done, but awaiting assembly are the 400 and (a really yellow) 800XL, but I'm still dreading opening the 400's shielding to get the cartridge flap and latch off, so it'll look odd with me having done that.. And XL keyboards scare me now
Currently there's a 64 and Plus/4 in the dishwasher, they'll be getting cooked later..
One interesting thing was, that I tried FJC's method of leaving it on overnight, and come morning it had hardly changed colour, if at all.. Once the sun was out, a few hours in the lovely rays had even the horrible yellow XL nicely done, and the 400 looking healthy again..
I'm amazed at how simple this is..
One lesson learnt.. I'm never popping the keycaps off a Plus/4 ever again! Far too fragile, and I've snapped the plastic locating pins off 3 keys even whilst trying to be really delicate.. Where as the VIC + 64 are pretty sturdy contraptions to say the least.. The VIC especially!
Anyway, some pictures of the events so far in the album up there.. I'll add more as they happen..