IGNORED

look for ESPIAL

lucifershalo

OK guys, need your help to work out what this cart. is worth.

Would like realistic values please, not what you would WANT to pay for it :)

I've attached some photos.

Looks like a previous owner attempted to stick the label edges down but only succeeded in making the labels a little dirty with glue residue :(

Looks like a previous owner attempted to stick the label edges down but only succeeded in making the labels a little dirty with glue residue :(

Label is kind of Crappy, I would say $40 shipped to Belgium :)

I sold two last year. Both went for more than $40. This was for the NTSC version. I don't know if there is a PAL version or not because I only deal with NTSC games.

Depending on when you buy Espial you might get lucky and get it for $35-$40. At other times I have seen it sell for $65+. This is for loose. Boxed would be a lot more.

Is it PAL or NTSC?

Is it PAL or NTSC?

I would have bought this from the US.

What's the easiest way to tell if it's PAL or NTSC ?

When I was collecting hard core this was actually the last game I needed for Tigervision. This game along with Springer are grossly underrated. I think Espial should be an 8 and Springer should be an 8 as well.

Agree on both counts.

Edited by Phantom

According to the retroview.com PAL rarity database, there is a PAL version of Espial http://www.retroreview.com/paldatabase/Sea...amp;SortBy=name

The NTSC version is also the same rarity, being an R6 http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=168

Based on everyone's comments here, it looks as though Espial is only worth $40-$60.

In that case, I'll take 10 of them right now.

In that case, I'll take 10 of them right now.

Well, they did put those little grooves on the Tigervision carts so you can stack all your Espial's without them falling over. ;)

I personally don't care much for the game myself, even to collect it. With that stash found a while back it'll always be somewhat possible to score a nice boxed one. There are enough copies out there that some will trade hands over the years either privately or publicly. If you wait a couple of years you should have one. Not every cart comes up on eBay in six months. Then again whenever you're hunting something it never seems to comes up. When it does you pay a fortune, and then watch at they all come out of the closet. :|

I'd be much more interested in how many showed up on eBay over the last five years, compared to say six months.

I'd be much more interested in how many showed up on eBay over the last five years, compared to say six months.

I agree, this game is just not that rare. If you wait you will find one at a decent price.

I can guarentee you that rarity 6 games like Tapper, Spy Hunter, dice puzzle, exocet, Frogger II, Gremlins, James Bond 007, River Raid II, and most of the other rarity six games show up way, way, way, way more often than Espial does. I don't care if you go back 5 years, or even 10 years, the same results will show. Espial shows up a lot less often then these games. Either raise the rarity of Espial or lower the rarity of the games I just mentioned. Because I can guarentee that a person has a better chance of collecting all the titles I just mentioned over a period of time than they will find Espial. You know at one time Glacier Patrol was easier to find 5 years ago as well. Today it's a rarity 8.

the deal with marksowden didnt happen

(he found a buyer at a really high price)

so still looking for ESPIAL

and RIVER PATROL

Have a really nice one in my hands right now .... PM me with an offer ... I can take picks of it too if you want ? The Label is in perfect shape ... Loose by the way