IGNORED

EotB potential buyer list.

EricDeLee

>Additional 10 Limited edition

>This is if everyone is okay with this. It is pending at this point, because the first set sold out. A run of 20 would still make this the premiere limited game for the Lynx

>11 Marc Oberhäuser

>12

>13

>14

>15

>16

>17

>18

>19

>20 EricDeLee

According to post number 1, there are 20 limited edition ones... and I´d like number 13... what´s strange about that ;)

• Like 1

>Additional 10 Limited edition

>This is if everyone is okay with this. It is pending at this point, because the first set sold out. A run of 20 would still make this the premiere limited game for the Lynx

>11 Marc Oberhäuser

>12

>13

>14

>15

>16

>17

>18

>19

>20 EricDeLee

According to post number 1, there are 20 limited edition ones... and I´d like number 13... what´s strange about that ;)

It's just a case of not seeing the ammended first post. Easily done. :)

:cool:

Eye of The Beholder Lynx carts....

Here's the deal. I do not own this, yet I am asking for a serious list of buyers. I'm not asking for a deposit, or anything silly like that. What I am asking is for honest opinions and Eventually what I would like to do is have a LIST of potential buyers to show that the market is there to produce a limited run of EotB. So this is like a market survey, so-to-speak, to basically either prove that a list of people out there want this cart. Or it will be the opposite: I will learn that perhaps there just is not enough interest to support a release of this game.

So, just like we do in the other forums with Atari 2600 carts and hacks and prototype repros... I'm asking for you to let me know here if you would buy this game. Through the years, EotB has been talked about, and everyone is hoping it will get released. There are a few protos out there along with a few 'copies' that a few lucky personnel were able to obtain. Now I am trying to reach out and see what the market really will do for this game. Yes, the economy still sucks, and perhaps it is bad timing for a game like this. But it is still something that would be a year out before they could be mailed out (or at least that is my opinion). At this time, please just post if you would like to buy one, and if you do have opinions on the price, please be kind to post the opinions but let's try not to flame the topic too much. Is this a pipe dream? Possibly. However, if the slot of 50 games could get filled, and the list is solid, I think this could happen. I know what my stance is out there on this game. I've mentioned multiple times I would like to see it. Relief Pitcher is another one I would love to see, but obviously a few people have issues plopping down the cash for a sports title. I think EotB is in a different category. It is an RPG, it is an elite title that people would like to see. I think the market is out there for this title, but I would like this thread to prove that. So please take the time, sign up for which version of cart you'd be interested in, and make some comments. Keep in mind this thread could be the tell-all when it comes to if we will see this game or not. There are people watching this to determine if it is worth pursuing this at all.

Lets get the dust blown off this proto and get it out there for the market! :)

Here's the plan:

It has been talked about, and I think a run of 50 carts will be doable. This is something that has been discussed before, but we need a buyer list now. With the extent of this game's elusiveness, a 50 cart run would be really nice. Those that want a copy of this game, the collectors and the fans, this will be the first chance for most of us. So here's what the proposed idea is:

50 cart run.

40 carts are copies of Eye of the Beholder. Plain ol' carts, no flash, no extras, no box, etc. Just a plain copy of a working EotB Lynx game with save capability.

10 carts: Eye of The Beholder Extreme Limited Edition.

This run of 10 games will have multiple extras, and will come at a higher price. This will be the Lynx's premiere run of games. Think of this set as the CGE release that is really expensive to get now. Being that there are only 10 copies of this version of the game, it would have the best collecting value of all released Atari Lynx games.

What I was thinking about on this version, is something like some other limited releases that hit the market in the past years (Was it QB for Atari 2600 that came in a wooden box or something). Think along the lines of the Thrust edition that came boxed with the footpedal, stickers, and other stuff.

I think these 10 games could be the same type of carts as the other 40. However, I believe they should have a limited (ie different) label on the cart. Obviously they need to be numbered as well. I believe those that release it should sign it as well. Kind of a nice unique touch. The Extreme Limited Edition should also have a very high quality box, manual, some type of case to protect the game in, etc. Perhaps even a poster like the other Lynx games have. the price would be much more, however, to a collector, I think these would sellout first (and very quickly).

Price: This is generally the sticky point for most people. Especially with the economy. However... keep in mind a few things:

1. The going rate right now for all new releases: $49.99 (There isn't a lot of profit margin there either)

2. You will have a year or so to start saving up.

3. This is probably the most desired game for the Lynx. Period.

4. It will be the most costly game to reproduce.

5. This run is very limited and has not been offered before. Obviously who knows if it will be offered again.

6. The price to reproduce these carts will be more expensive (for example: The costs for the chips, the 512k board, etc)

That being said:

Price for the 40 cart run of a plain cart: $100

Price for the Extreme Limited Edition cart run of only 10 carts: $200

So... with all of that... let's start off the list. Given that you have over a year to prepare... and to pay... what do you say? Which version are you interested in?

40 Cart run buyer list

1. Eric DeLee

2. dantheratman

3. ls650

4. atarian63

5 remowilliams

6 rygar

7 4ever2600

8 hellfire -Digital Press

9 vintagegamecrazy--Digital Press

10 Cart Extreme Limited Edition buyer list:

1 Eric DeLee

2 dantheratman

3 Sauron

4 shadow460

5 gambler172

6 STGuy1040

7 Lord Thag == Please identify this is the one you want or the regular run

8 rygar

9 tonyvortex--Digital Press

10 nonner242

Additional 10 Limited edition

This is if everyone is okay with this. It is pending at this point, because the first set sold out. A run of 20 would still make this the premiere limited game for the Lynx

11 Marc Oberhäuser

20 EricDeLee

I will likely by 2 copies of each version. However, I want everyone else to have a chance as well. I'd hate to grab two of the limited edition version, when someone else wants one as well.

Post what you want. I'll edit the list, and we can keep all discussion here. I'll post this over at Digit Press later on. Spread the word if you want. I have a feeling there is a desire for this game, and I believe people will support this title.

1. how complete is the proto?

2. Yeah... My question as well.

Does it have music and sound FX? Is the portion of the game that is there fairly polished?

The proto that will be cloned is quoted as being 100% complete. No bugs, nor graphical bugs/glitches in gameplay, or controls. Runs very smoothly. Better than most Atari/Telegames games that were released late or released as reproductions. EotB has music and more.

Thanks!

Well, this thread looks pretty old - but I'd sure like to have a copy for my Lynx. :)

Well, this thread looks pretty old - but I'd sure like to have a copy for my Lynx. :)

Uh... yeah, pretty old... but to me, Feb 1, 2009 seems like last week. How time flies... :roll:

Apologies, when I read the first message by the original poster, I thought it said 2003 or 2004 for

some reason. :(

Uh... yeah, pretty old... but to me, Feb 1, 2009 seems like last week. How time flies... :roll:

Apologies, when I read the first message by the original poster, I thought it said 2003 or 2004 for

some reason. :(

DarkLord: Regular Edition or a Limited one?

Thanks

Hello again...

I'll be posting an update to the list shortly.

Let me start off with a few things:

The price was someones "rates" so to speak just to get things rolling. High Expectations? Yes. I would say so. But in order to even get the ball rolling for this, I had to show that there is a market out there for the game.

Now... with that being said: Once I showed there is a market (For example: 19 Limited Editions are ear-marked and spoken for ($3800) and 18 Regular editions are spoken for ($1800).... it still seems like someone doesn't want to step up and keep that ball rolling. That is a bit disappointing, but I won't give up either as I believe I may have a few other options still available to me, one that doesn't come with a million-kajillion dollar pricetag. The list is still here (and at AtariAge). It could very well still be more than the pipedream it was when it first started. So fill the list, I'll keep trying to go further with whatever I can do on my end.

As of this writing/this post there are only the following numbers left of each edition:

regular edition: 21 carts left

Limited Edition: 1 cart left NO MORE WILL BE ADDED TO THIS RUN!

Over half of the 60 cart run has been sold....

DarkLord: Regular Edition or a Limited one?

Thanks

As much as I'd like to have the limited - I guess I'll have to choose regular.

Can't justify the extra cost. Thats a pretty high price in my neck of the woods. :)

Thanks for making this though - can't wait to play it! :D

• Like 1

If EotB is ever going to be released I wish it would be in a proper manner. I personally would not like to see any special Limited Edition. Just one standard release. One uniform release that has been properly licensed and approved by Wizards of the coast (Atari). Ideally it would be brought to us by someone like Songbird or Super Fighter Team.

I know this has been discussed for years. And I suppose the possibilities of this coming true already has been examined and looked in to. (Even I wrote some guy at Atari many years ago about EotB.) But I wish it could be done. Like with Total Carnage and Midway.

Having said all this, I would still buy this game in what ever form it was released in, as an "unofficial" reproduction or what ever. Although I would still like a box and a manual if possible! So put me on the Limited Ed. list.

I must confess that the reason for not having a box for a regular edition eludes me a bit, since it should cost very little in production....yet I would surely love to play this game. It seems like a hge accomplishment for the hardware, and a classic game too.

Given a year before I need to pay, from the announcement on, I would take the regular edition.

As for the price I am not sure how many copies good Lynx-homebrews sell these days; but I think that for a lower price the number of buyers would increase dramatically. 100 is kind of a magic barrier for people I believe; it is the number that clearly gives the impression of being far beyond normal prices. That´s why shops will sell nothing for 100$, but for 99.

When you are thinking of 60 people buying for 100/200 $, maybe 200 people will be interested in it if the regular edition was....say, 60 $. The production costs always sink with the number of produced units; so you should really talk with the manufacturer about that.

Another question is: Do you know how to get a hold of the game? I don´t know how many copies exist and who owns them, but I guess if any of the owners had an interest in getting the game into the public a dump would be already floating around; but that reduces the value of their rare carts, so they might be unwilling to sell it to you at all.....

Well, sorry for my long babbling, I would be interested in a regular copy .

Updated the list...

BuddyBuddies... The other guys spoke for the LE version before you. I heard someone may have backed out on that list though... so you are officially on the first reserve for that spot.

I gave up my 20th slot. Obviously I don't need two LE version, but that would have been nice! ;)

Take care...