IGNORED

EotB potential buyer list.

EricDeLee

If a few hurdles can be jumped... I'm thinking it MAY be possible for a late 2009 release. Not really sure, but possible.

I think it would be great to get this released during the 20th Year Anniversary.

Again... no promises... but something to think about.

• 3 weeks later...
If a few hurdles can be jumped... I'm thinking it MAY be possible for a late 2009 release. Not really sure, but possible.

I think it would be great to get this released during the 20th Year Anniversary.

Again... no promises... but something to think about.

Sure would be nice. :)

• 1 month later...

I wish! :)

But hell... who knows! :)

The only problem with that: Once it is out there, the ebay skags will be trying t0o make profit off of it for a pure profit reason. They wouldn't be trying to give to the community at all.

That is, 'IF' they could make a copy of it.

I've learned enough about things though to know that regardless of what encryption you have on there... if people want to break into it, they generally will.

I've learned enough about things though to know that regardless of what encryption you have on there... if people want to break into it, they generally will.

Potential copiers need to have some knowledge tho. Even simple encryption will defeat a vast majority of people. The number of people defeated by your protection scheme increases more if you have hardware assistance on the cart for the decryption. Ultimately it can be captured at the input to the processor, but its still going to take some dedication and other external hardware to get at the data.

We face the protection-problem with Pier Solar too; our hope is that if you put in a few security measures that are not visible at first glance it won´t be copied. Such games with only a rather small group of people interested in them are just not worth the effort for hackers to spend days to bypass more than the most basic protections. :)

If it makes a 2009 release, please print my Lynxcoin on the box^^

BTW Eric, what about the game´s graphics? Are they anything like the ones in that tech-demo, or was that fake and the real game looks less good?

I posted a crap load of pics recently.

It is exactly like the tech demo. The graphics are amazing.

The first time you play this, I suggest playing it with headphones on to hear the opening theme song! That is simply amazing in stero sound! (Or if possibly, play it on the Lynx 1 because the speaker is better in that one

We face the protection-problem with Pier Solar too; our hope is that if you put in a few security measures that are not visible at first glance it won´t be copied. Such games with only a rather small group of people interested in them are just not worth the effort for hackers to spend days to bypass more than the most basic protections. :)

Pier Solar? Is this a Lynx title that will be released that I have not heard about?

Pier Solar? Is this a Lynx title that will be released that I have not heard about?

Sorry, not a Lynx-game, but an RPG for the Sega Genesis. Visit our website for pics. Since we will release it as real cartridge, we have to deal with the danger of having the game dumped as well. Since we sell it at manufacturing cost, if people dumped it and we would not sell out we would make a loss. To be sure to sell out completely we use copy protection. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...