IGNORED

What is the best James Bond video game?

Rhindle The Red

What is the best James Bond video game?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best James Bond video game?

• James Bond 007 (Parker Bros.)
    • A View to a Kill (Mindscape)
    • Goldfinger
    • Live and Let Die
    • A View to a Kill (Domark)
    • The Living Daylights
    • 007: Licence to Kill
    • The Spy Who Loved Me
    • James Bond: The Duel
    • James Bond 007: The Stealth Affair
    • James Bond Jr.
    • GoldenEye 007
    • James Bond 007 (Nintendo Game Boy)
    • Tomorrow Never Dies
    • The World is Not Enough
    • 007 Racing
    • Agent Under Fire
    • Nightfire
    • Everything or Nothing
    • GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
    • From Russia with Love
    • Quantum of Solace
    • other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...

Aww man I guess I betrayed myself here. I loved goldeneye. How could I foget missing school and making my mom mad at me for that game. After all I was sick but not sick enough to skip goldeneye. I remember going to the blockbuster to see a few empty shelves waiting for that game to come in and I said this game looks stupid who would play it? Man I was wrong though. You know the thing that most people forget about that game that made it soo addicting. Earning the cheats. Thats why I lost alot of sleep over it. I loved the multiplayer just as much. I used to make people mad because I would always win. But hey I played it alot. Forgive me guys but I chose everything or nothing because it was like a movie. Apparently it was supposed to be an actual movie, movie. The game was awesome though. Oh well.

My friends and I used every Game Shark code we could get our hands on to hack Golden Eye, my favorite being one that displayed the current values for the A.I calculations going on in the NPCs. Tons of fun back then!

Edited by Kripto

Is this really a question?

Goldeneye (N64). :) I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best FPS of all time (Half Life?), but it's easily the best Bond game. Even on its own, it's a legitimate classic in its own right.

My friends and I have had a lot of fun Rogue Agent, though, too. Specifically, multiplayer/deathmatch. I wouldn't put it quite as high as Goldeneye, but it's the only 007 game I've played that comes close. In a lot of ways it seems like it should actually be better than Goldeneye, but somehow it just doesn't have that je ne sais quoi.

Tomorrow Never Dies is alright. Kind of a Syphon Filter type of game. It seems like it could have been a bit more polished, but it's an enjoyable game. I don't know about deathmatches on it, though.

James Bond: 007 (Atari 5200) is solidly mediocre. It's interesting enough to play once or twice every so often, but it won't hold your attention for long. This one is best enjoyed on display amid a collection of other Parker Bros. 5200 cartridges.

:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's clear that Goldeneye is the game with the most votes, as USAers never even heard of the Domark titles, as they were available in UK/Europe only, and mostly on tape; and the Brits vote for Goldeneye because it's like 'you know, it's from Rare, they're British and they used to be 'Ultimate Play the Game', doing games for 'our' Spectrum', later NES, and now have a worldwide hit with Goldeneye, it's a British game, man'.

In my mind the best one is 'The Living Daylights The Computer Game' from Domark/Zeppelin Games, because it is on Atari 8-bit (and actually the best Domark Bond game anyway).

thelivingdaylights.jpg

and I also like Goldfinger from Mindscape, best cover ever

So yes, with many (some) others here, Goldeneye was way overated.

Shame they never made a Bond game from On Her Majesty's Secret Service with the best Bond: George Lazenby

Edited by high voltage

• 1 year later...

My experience with 007 games is limited. Goldeneye is an N64 essential. I received it for Christmas in 1998 as a senior in high school and it was out of this world. Nothing like getting baked, gorging on bagel bites and getting your ass handed to you in Goldeneye. The follow-up to it had a great multiplayer mode, I forget what that one was called. My buddy at college the following year had a Bond game for the PS1; I forget what it was called, but he was quite fond of it. I played a Bond game for the Game Boy (my vote) rather extensively and remember loving it. Very fun game! I had Quantum of Solice on a DS multicard, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it as it is f#cking awful.

Edit: I've seen some folks mentioning Agent Under Fire. That is a very fun game, both as a FPS and on-the-rails shooter. I highly recommend it.

Edited by toptenmaterial

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Goldeneye for the N64 hands down! Use to have friends over, order pizzas, snacks, and have an all night multiplayer tournament. I use to be such a dick especially in remote mines mode. I knew how to get up the vents in the bathroom and place mines up there. Especially after you gpt killed and spawned up there. >:-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I remember playing GoldenEye on the N64 with a bunch of friends one night. When I left for the bathroom they lowered my health to 25%, Took me a while to figure out why I kept dying so quickly. Those jerks! Great memories! :)

• 7 months later...

I voted Goldeneye for the 64. The impact that game had was huge. While it doesn't hold up today, mostly due to those crazy controllers and my hands now being trained to use analog thumbsticks, its legacy is undeniable. First person multiplayer got its start here (I'm talking mainstream).

• 2 weeks later...

Goldeneye is usually thought of as the best, and it was great but.... Usually the real high marks received for it are for the multiplayer on the console. At the time, this was not that impressive to me as I am an old PC Gamer. Single player is awesome. I have sadly never played the original Atari version. I did love the heck out of From Russia w/ Love. It just brought you back to classic Bond and Sean Connery was there! I have not played Agent Under Fire yet though - I do have it

• 3 weeks later...

Goldeneye 007 hands down in the best Bond game ever made.Nothing else comes close.

This came down to Everything or Nothing OR From Russia with Love. Same engine and both are excellent games. I voted for Everything or Nothing.

I own 007 Legends but have yet to play it :(

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if I've ever played a 007 game that I enjoyed. :(

Does 'Rolling Thunder' count as a Bond game?

;)

If it does, I'm voting for 'Spy Hunter.'

It's a minor pity we don't get Bond games anymore, but nobody really makes any kind of movie game nowadays. It's gone out of style like movie "novelizations" (paperback books that retell the story of the screenplay, mostly moot since home video came along).

A Telltale-style "choose your adventure" take on the Bond stories would be neat.

• 3 years later...
59 minutes ago, raskar42 said:

The GB game was story driven and really captured some of the goofiness of the early James bond films

I beat it (very) recently and it is nice. The ending music based on A View To A Kill is a very nice touch.

Unfortunately, it's obvious the designers tried to make the game last longer by relying too much on fetch quests in maze-like levels. There's also a ridiculous part towards the end where you're supposed to pass by very fast lasers, but it's impossible to walk while holding your shield on the side to stop them. So you basically have to force your way and use medikits at the same time to avoid dying. ?

Goldeneye was obviously great but it's hard to play today imho, and I think I prefer the Wii remake. I also enjoyed 007 Legends a lot more than most people. Complaining it's too much like a Call of Duty game is a bit unfair; Goldeneye too but the original movie has a lot more killing than every other James Bond movie, so it's less shocking.

I also have a soft spot for License to Kill, but I wish I could remake it to make it better.

Finally I would say Rolling Thunder 2 is my favorite James Bond-like video game. Sly Spy refers to the series a lot more but is a lot less interesting to play imho.

I had the project of adapting the 18 first movies (before GoldenEye) in video game form, with 3-4 levels for each film, alternating License To Kill-like, Rolling Thunder-like, and Spy Hunter-like levels. But it's too much work (I only kinda finished a car chase from Dr No).

• Like 2

Thank you for bumping this because I forgot that I own Legends.

I've recently been playing Blood Stone and meh - its nice to have some original content, but it is overall not that great.  You pretty much have to play on the hardest difficulty setting to get significant playtime out of it.

• Like 1