Photo

What is the best James Bond video game?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best James Bond video game? (167 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best James Bond video game?

1. James Bond 007 (Parker Bros.) (20 votes [11.98%])

Percentage of vote: 11.98%

2. A View to a Kill (Mindscape) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Goldfinger (2 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

4. Live and Let Die (1 votes [0.60%])

Percentage of vote: 0.60%

5. A View to a Kill (Domark) (1 votes [0.60%])

6. The Living Daylights (3 votes [1.80%])

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

7. 007: Licence to Kill (1 votes [0.60%])

8. The Spy Who Loved Me (0 votes [0.00%])

9. James Bond: The Duel (3 votes [1.80%])

10. James Bond 007: The Stealth Affair (0 votes [0.00%])

11. James Bond Jr. (1 votes [0.60%])

12. GoldenEye 007 (106 votes [63.47%])

Percentage of vote: 63.47%

13. James Bond 007 (Nintendo Game Boy) (1 votes [0.60%])

14. Tomorrow Never Dies (1 votes [0.60%])

15. The World is Not Enough (3 votes [1.80%])

16. 007 Racing (1 votes [0.60%])

17. Agent Under Fire (1 votes [0.60%])

18. Nightfire (4 votes [2.40%])

Percentage of vote: 2.40%

19. Everything or Nothing (4 votes [2.40%])

Percentage of vote: 2.40%

20. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (3 votes [1.80%])

21. From Russia with Love (8 votes [4.79%])

Percentage of vote: 4.79%

22. Quantum of Solace (1 votes [0.60%])

23. other (2 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 2,791 posts

Posted Sun Aug 9, 2009 10:56 AM

I voted for Nightfire, it was the most fun I've ever had playing a Bond game. Goldeneye was tremendous, but Nightfire captured the essence of Bond most.

#27 smartkitten26 OFFLINE  

smartkitten26

Chopper Commander

• 146 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:11 PM

GoldenEye 007

#28 greencoman OFFLINE  

greencoman

Moonsweeper

• 271 posts

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:06 AM

Aww man I guess I betrayed myself here. I loved goldeneye. How could I foget missing school and making my mom mad at me for that game. After all I was sick but not sick enough to skip goldeneye. I remember going to the blockbuster to see a few empty shelves waiting for that game to come in and I said this game looks stupid who would play it? Man I was wrong though. You know the thing that most people forget about that game that made it soo addicting. Earning the cheats. Thats why I lost alot of sleep over it. I loved the multiplayer just as much. I used to make people mad because I would always win. But hey I played it alot. Forgive me guys but I chose everything or nothing because it was like a movie. Apparently it was supposed to be an actual movie, movie. The game was awesome though. Oh well.

#29 Kripto OFFLINE  

Kripto

Stargunner

• 1,339 posts
  • -Visible Invaders-

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 AM

My friends and I used every Game Shark code we could get our hands on to hack Golden Eye, my favorite being one that displayed the current values for the A.I calculations going on in the NPCs. Tons of fun back then!

Edited by Kripto, Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:33 AM.

#30 BassGuitari ONLINE  

BassGuitari

Launch Edition

• 5,937 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:20 PM

Is this really a question?

Goldeneye (N64). :) I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best FPS of all time (Half Life?), but it's easily the best Bond game. Even on its own, it's a legitimate classic in its own right.

My friends and I have had a lot of fun Rogue Agent, though, too. Specifically, multiplayer/deathmatch. I wouldn't put it quite as high as Goldeneye, but it's the only 007 game I've played that comes close. In a lot of ways it seems like it should actually be better than Goldeneye, but somehow it just doesn't have that je ne sais quoi.

Tomorrow Never Dies is alright. Kind of a Syphon Filter type of game. It seems like it could have been a bit more polished, but it's an enjoyable game. I don't know about deathmatches on it, though.

James Bond: 007 (Atari 5200) is solidly mediocre. It's interesting enough to play once or twice every so often, but it won't hold your attention for long. This one is best enjoyed on display amid a collection of other Parker Bros. 5200 cartridges.

:)

#31 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,237 posts

Posted Mon Apr 4, 2011 12:34 PM

It's clear that Goldeneye is the game with the most votes, as USAers never even heard of the Domark titles, as they were available in UK/Europe only, and mostly on tape; and the Brits vote for Goldeneye because it's like 'you know, it's from Rare, they're British and they used to be 'Ultimate Play the Game', doing games for 'our' Spectrum', later NES, and now have a worldwide hit with Goldeneye, it's a British game, man'.

In my mind the best one is 'The Living Daylights The Computer Game' from Domark/Zeppelin Games, because it is on Atari 8-bit (and actually the best Domark Bond game anyway).
Posted Image

and I also like Goldfinger from Mindscape, best cover ever

So yes, with many (some) others here, Goldeneye was way overated.

Shame they never made a Bond game from On Her Majesty's Secret Service with the best Bond: George Lazenby

Edited by high voltage, Mon Apr 4, 2011 1:01 PM.

#32 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

Quadrunner

• 5,106 posts
  • “Rotten wood cannot be carved”

Posted Mon Apr 4, 2011 1:41 PM

youngin's

#33 toptenmaterial OFFLINE  

toptenmaterial

River Patroller

• 4,524 posts

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2012 10:55 PM

My experience with 007 games is limited. Goldeneye is an N64 essential. I received it for Christmas in 1998 as a senior in high school and it was out of this world. Nothing like getting baked, gorging on bagel bites and getting your ass handed to you in Goldeneye. The follow-up to it had a great multiplayer mode, I forget what that one was called. My buddy at college the following year had a Bond game for the PS1; I forget what it was called, but he was quite fond of it. I played a Bond game for the Game Boy (my vote) rather extensively and remember loving it. Very fun game! I had Quantum of Solice on a DS multicard, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it as it is f#cking awful.

Edit: I've seen some folks mentioning Agent Under Fire. That is a very fun game, both as a FPS and on-the-rails shooter. I highly recommend it.

Edited by toptenmaterial, Sat Dec 8, 2012 10:58 PM.

#34 turret OFFLINE  

turret

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 PM

Didnt 007 raceing never come out?

#35 Nutsy Doodleheimer OFFLINE  

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Quadrunner

• 5,601 posts

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 PM

Goldeneye for the N64 hands down! Use to have friends over, order pizzas, snacks, and have an all night multiplayer tournament. I use to be such a dick especially in remote mines mode. I knew how to get up the vents in the bathroom and place mines up there. Especially after you gpt killed and spawned up there. >:-)

#36 theatarifan OFFLINE  

theatarifan

Dragonstomper

• 669 posts

Posted Wed May 6, 2015 7:21 AM

GoldenEye 007 good for me memories espically with gameshark.

#37 Captain Kiwi OFFLINE  

Captain Kiwi

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 PM

I remember playing GoldenEye on the N64 with a bunch of friends one night.  When I left for the bathroom they lowered my health to 25%,  Took me a while to figure out why I kept dying so quickly.   Those jerks!  Great memories!  :)

#38 djour OFFLINE  

djour

Star Raider

• 99 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:19 PM

I voted Goldeneye for the 64. The impact that game had was huge. While it doesn't hold up today, mostly due to those crazy controllers and my hands now being trained to use analog thumbsticks, its legacy is undeniable. First person multiplayer got its start here (I'm talking mainstream).

#39 Video OFFLINE  

Video

Quadrunner

• 8,085 posts

Posted Sun Jul 2, 2017 8:58 AM

007 for n64, mostly cause I actually played that one. Like the moon patrol style 2600 one though.

#40 rasch_C OFFLINE  

rasch_C

Chopper Commander

• 157 posts

Posted Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 AM

Goldeneye is usually thought of as the best, and it was great but....  Usually the real high marks received for it are for the multiplayer on the console.  At the time, this was not that impressive to me as I am an old PC Gamer.  Single player is awesome.  I have sadly never played the original Atari version.  I did love the heck out of From Russia w/ Love.  It just brought you back to classic Bond and Sean Connery was there!  I have not played Agent Under Fire yet though - I do have it

#41 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:58 AM

I'm not sure if I've ever played a 007 game that I enjoyed.   :(

Does 'Rolling Thunder' count as a Bond game?

;)

#42 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,326 posts

Posted Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:54 PM

Goldeneye 007 hands down in the best Bond game ever made.Nothing else comes close.

This came down to Everything or Nothing OR From Russia with Love.  Same engine and both are excellent games.  I voted for Everything or Nothing.

I own 007 Legends but have yet to play it :(

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users