IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Started playing the free Telltale Episodes, currently playing the Sam & Max one, but I also got Back to the Future and The Walking Dead. Also the Wolf Amongst Us, but I don't think it's a full episode, as it says "trial".

If you dont have time to play all of them, play The Walking Dead at the very least. It was great . :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My copy of Class of Heroes 2G arrived today, so I spent my evening playing.

I only played the first game for a few minutes, and all I recall about it was the dungeons were random. I didn't particularly like that and never got back to the game.

I bought the physical release of Class of Heroes 2, but I've never even opened it. So for all practical purposes, 2G was my introduction to the game.

There are some similarities to the Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls release from a few years ago. Character races have set stats, and to make a character you receive an allotment of Bonus Points to distribute. Character classes are made available depending on how you've distributed your points. Getting the automap to work requires purchasing a Map in the shop. Monsters are often turned into silhouettes and described as ????? when they appear in combat. Resting at the inn (the dorm room) often involves taking a free option in order to restore magic points to heal everyone, instead of spending money to have everyone rest.

The game is pretty brutal starting out. I probably have a weak party (Warrior, 2 Samurai, Ranger, Idol, and Sorceror), and I got my shit kicked around pretty badly until I managed to level everyone up to 3rd level. The characters just don't do very much damage starting out., and several opponents in the starting area are nearly immune to the daggers owned by starting characters.

But so far, pretty good. It's deeper than Wizardry, with other towns, crafting, and shops with actual useful stuff to buy. I'll probably be playing this for a while, at least.

My copy of Class of Heroes 2G arrived today, so I spent my evening playing.

I haven't gotten mine yet, hopefully today or tomorrow. Its pretty rare that they release physical copies of games.

Yeah the first game was randomized sort of. I can't remember exactly how it worked but I didn't like that. I played it for a while actually but never got too far. I never opened the second game either.

Demon Gaze on Vita is a really nice Wizardry style game that I like a lot. I still play it now and then. All of these games are difficult just like the Wizardry series they were inspired from. The fourth Wizardry game if I recall was pretty much unbeatable (American series)

I will probably be playing some Suikoden 2 tonight, though I may pick up the first one and start from there since it has been so long (Suikoden 5 is still on my to play pile!).

I would play the first game and then import your save file to the second game because the characters will get bonus stats.

The first game is really basic and simple to play and get through. About 20-30 hours which is short for JRPG's in general. If you have a guide to get all the stars of destiny (NPC's that will join you) then it will be much faster. I beat both games multiple times over the years....I'm definitely getting Suikoden 2 tonight and will play it.

I would play the first game and then import your save file to the second game because the characters will get bonus stats.

The first game is really basic and simple to play and get through. About 20-30 hours which is short for JRPG's in general. If you have a guide to get all the stars of destiny (NPC's that will join you) then it will be much faster. I beat both games multiple times over the years....I'm definitely getting Suikoden 2 tonight and will play it.

I have played the first game before, but it has been many years. When I played the second one, I didn't even realize that was an option. I still remember trading in the second one in so many years ago either for some PS2 games without realizing it's value.

I checked during lunch and saw that Suikoden 2 was listed at 5.99. I figured I'd purchase it when I got home because I didn't want to be tied up downloading it right then. When I got home it had already been marked up to 9.99. It made me wish I had hurried up and done what I was going to do in the first place, but then again, it was only 4 more dollars.

I also finally bought Suikoden 1 on the store. I have the disc, but the DL version will save some wear and tear.

Whenever I get to them, anyway.

On phase 2 of Ar Nosurge, I picked up Pier Solar on PSN this week since it was 40% off, so that'll probably be getting some time whenever i get through Ar Nosurge. Project Diva F 2nd is progressing - playing mostly on Hard right now.

If you play Pier Solar please post. I'm stuck in a section of the game and have no idea how to advance. No walkthrough I have seen mentions the problem so I think it's a bug. Since I kickstarted it I may send them a message.

Currently playing Alien Breed 2.

Project Diva F 2nd is progressing - playing mostly on Hard right now.

So far you're not missing anything on the costume front. A couple of the Christmas costumes are OK, but nothing I would have purchased had I not impulsively paid for the costume pass (maybe Luka's Christmas outfit, but maybe not). The only new DLC song so far is Baby, which is OK, but definitely not one of my favorites, although finally seeing a translation of it was amusing. I'm wishing they'd hurry and put Sekiranun Graffiti and Miku's Dragoon 2020 costume up.

On the Class of Heroes 2 front, I've been taking a break for a few days. I plan to get back on track with it (hopefully tomorrow). I've found an odd sort of personal problem with it. When I''m just grinding around in places, I get bored and start thinking that maybe it's time to call it quits with the game and move on to another title. I dread to take the Quests, because so many are stepinfetchit quests, and there's no way to see what I'm getting into before I accept them. On top of it, the rewards universally suck. The rewards are completely irrelevant and useless to starting characters at 5th level, much less to prestige classes at 20th level like mine are. Yet, when I take a new quest that unlocks a new area, then I'm absolutely enthralled and having a fantastic time.

Looks like they finally added the content they ripped out as a preorder bonus to Project Diva F 2nd to the store for 1.99 each. (Two AR/Live mode songs)

I figure I wasn't considered good enough of a fan/gamer to have the content despite buying both versions (PS3 and Vita) of the game on launch day so I don't see why I should be considered worth it now, regardless of the price. They can keep their songs, I'll keep my $3.98. With everything they're doing on this game's DLC, they're going to have a hard time convincing me to buy any other game they produce. (Sega as a whole, not just their rhythm games.)

Yes, ripping parts out of the game for pre-order incentives does indeed piss me off.

Looks like they finally added the content they ripped out as a preorder bonus to Project Diva F 2nd to the store for 1.99 each. (Two AR/Live mode songs)

I had it pre-ordered from Amazon since May. I had forgotten I got a code to DL those items.

I noticed the Americana Module is up and $1.99 even to people like me who paid for the costume pass. That's not a surprise. I won't be buying that one.

Last night I got my first perfect on I'll Miku Miku You. Yeah, it was on Easy, but it still felt good to finally get a flawless victory on one.

Some of you played Akiba's STrip and I have chance to pick that up soon, is it worth it? I may get it for PS4 though, not that it makes too much difference I think. What kind of save and combat system is in it?

I enjoyed it.

It's fairly story oriented. Be prepared to listen to characters talk a lot. However, the voice acting is good.

The combat system works like this: Everyone has high (hats), mid (shirts), and low (pants) clothing (armor) they wear. Your objective is to wear it down and strip it off. You attack at these levels with triangle, circle, and X. When the clothing part is ready to be stripped it will flash red. To strip it you hold down the appropriate level attack button. It's very intuitive, and the game is a fun button masher. It's a lot like the Dynasty Warriors style games in that regard.

It lets you save anywhere unless a battle is going on.

Gameplay focuses mostly on collecting things. You collect clothes and other things. For example you get items which give your character a different walk animation. Some items change the way your character strips his targets. Beating the game once unlocks the ability to choose different models for your character.

Don't go into it expecting a deep and technical game. Just go in expecting a button masher that let's you bask in the otakuness of it all.

• Like 1

Pretty much what Gabriel said. Combat-wise it's a button masher and fairly easy to go through. You'll mostly want to play through it a few times to see each of the 5-6 odd endings. 2/3 of the game is identical story-wise, with choices in those parts determining which story branch you'll end up on, then the choices in that last branch basically see if you get the True end or Normal end for that girl. So after the first run through it, you can skip most of the dialogue.

There's lots of sidequests which involve either defeating specific groups, running errands, or fetching items.

Once you do have everything, there's not a lot to keep you attached to the game - After I finished all the stories, cleared all the side quests, and cleared it on the hardest difficulty, there wasn't much to keep me interested. Still I guess it was worth the price. Just remember to watch your item limits as the game can crash if you have too much crap when you go to the store or move around from area to area. Just keep selling off excess gear or merging them together to strengthen up the clothes/weapons you use yourself and it should be fine. (You get a lot of gear when finishing the game, which carries over in newgame+, and you get a lot of gear going through the arena - my main crashes were going through the arena right after starting a newgame+)

If you do end up with too much items, just warp back to your little sister and sell/enhance stuff there - the game doesn't seem to crash there, just at regular stores etc.

One of the main lures of the game seem to be about how accurate their maps are to the real Akiba - and one thing I found cool was when I was watching the anime Steins Gate after playing through Akiba, how I recognized some of the areas. ^^ The anime takes place in Akiba as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info I picked up Akiba's Trip last night, will try to get to it after Dragon Age. I'm about 15 hours into Dragon Age.

I started playing Dragons Dogma yesterday, looking okay so far ;)

Oh my stars and garters.....I love this game. Almost every week I google for any info on Capcom making a sequel. It's hard in the beginning but stick to it. If you need help my pawn is around level 120, you can hire friends pawns for free, if you search the rift check out a few by Capcom_Unity, they have a couple of helpful ones for early levels. Also make sure you get DD: Dark Arisen, it has a (vert difficult) island dungeon you can explore and beat. If you have both games and you make a save file off the first game it gets "imported" by the second game and you end up with some nice gear and an infinite ferry stone. Just boot the first game, make a save file and quit and start the second game. Takes 5 minutes. I can talk all day about this game. One of my favorite RPG's ever.

• Like 1

I started straight with the Dark Arisen disc version. I accidently already traveled to the Dark Arisen Island once, but it didn't seem to import the savegame back and forth then. I'm playing a magician and having fun so far, I just fear using overpowered pawns might ruin the experience a bit by making it too easy, or? :)

I started straight with the Dark Arisen disc version. I accidently already traveled to the Dark Arisen Island once, but it didn't seem to import the savegame back and forth then. I'm playing a magician and having fun so far, I just fear using overpowered pawns might ruin the experience a bit by making it too easy, or? :)

lol I don't think it breaks it too much but yeah it's easier. I used my friends level 75 Mage and she did mostly healing spells so it was still a bit hard but she never died. :P

There are some other Atariager's with Pawns I think Mord played it and maybe Gabriel.

Have fun, explore the world and beat it one more time before you tackle the island. Just make sure you get to around level 70. Thats the safest if I remember. Hope you like it as much as I did and I think it's got a cult following of sorts so I'm hoping for a sequel.

Important note about newgameplus: After you beat the game to be sure to choose "Load Game" do not select "New Game", otherwise all previous work will be deleted and a completely brand new game will be started from scratch at Level 1.

lol I don't think it breaks it too much but yeah it's easier. I used my friends level 75 Mage and she did mostly healing spells so it was still a bit hard but she never died. :P

There are some other Atariager's with Pawns I think Mord played it and maybe Gabriel.

My pawn should be around the lv80 range I think. I've gone through the main game three times, and currently on my fourth run. I've beaten most monsters at this point, although there are some fights that can be way harder than they'd normally be simply because you have a variety of opponents - and those bloody hell hounds are the worst of the lot for me if just because of the time they make me waste as they drag me across the battlefield repeatedly. >_>

Definitely explore the world though. I found it done quite well - I still haven't done the bonus island however. I should really get back to the game and try to clear it at least once.

I got the game as a PSN+ freebie a while back, so whenever I let that expire the game goes with it. Out of all the freebies, there's only been that one and one or two others that I've really played much of. I'd probably consider picking up the physical version of the game for the long term if I see it available locally at a good price.

As for using overpowered pawns, overall you really shouldn't need to use them. Just make sure the extra pawns you recruit, the ones that don't level, stay close to your own level and make SURE either one of those or your main pawn is a healer. That way you don't have to worry about it yourself, but certainly bring some heal items with you at all times since they can restore more than the red portion of the health bar - healing magic only restores the red so that wears down over time. :)

Edited by Mord
  • Like 1

Definitely explore the world though. I found it done quite well - I still haven't done the bonus island however. I should really get back to the game and try to clear it at least once.

Definitely buy it! I own this game on both consoles :)

I found that the Mystic Knight is pretty solid to play but the Sorcerer is awesome. My personal favorite is the Magick Archer. I switch between them all to max out every vocation and I found the best way to earn discipline points (DP) is to farm goblins and hobgoblins near the Traveler's Camp just south of the Healing Spring (Southwest of Devilfire Grove)

The island is tough and I did most of it without a map or any walkthrough. Towards the end I pulled out some maps I found online but I didn't really need them. You just need to be prepared, well stocked and definitely have an archer on board and a healer. Carrying Periapts will help greatly. The things you find on the Isle are way more powerful items and weapons than you'll find anywhere else. ;)

Ok I'll shut up now....