IGNORED

Time to Release Cloak & Dagger

Curt Vendel

As most people know, a few years ago I discovered a severely bent diskette at the bottom of an archive box marked Leonard Tramiel. The diskette was marked Cloak and Dagger.

After a week of keeping the disk under a stack of very heavy books, I nervously slide it into my XF551, the disk still had a noticable kink in it, but it had flattened about the best it was ever going to get, so as the drive whirled up and made a horrible scratching sound which made my stomach tighten, I initiated a copy of the cloak file on the disk to another diskette. The copy appeared to go without any errors.

So the time came - I did a Load of the cloak file and much to my surprise, the game was intact and ran. Now this version of the game is around 50% completed. I contacted Dave Comstock and informed him about the diskette and the game, brought Ken Van Mersbergen and Matt Reichert into the conversation and we discussed where to go from there and what to do next.

Dave indicated that the disk was his last revision he worked on before being layed off from Atari, so it still had a lot to work on. He still had his original source code for the game and wanted to finish it. Dave has put in some time here and there when his extremely busy schedule has allowed, but its been several years and it may be several years more before Dave may get close to having a finished game.

So I've decided its time to release the work in progress version of the game out to the public sometime in the next week or so. Ken and I have to do a few things to do and discuss some details, but most likely by next weekend I'll post the image up onto atarimuseum.com so stay tuned.

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel

This is great :) Even greater though is the fact that you're well enough to be back posting here again! I don't know you in any way shape or form but I always find it very interesting to read what you have to write and I really appreciate everything you've done for the community! Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to do a nice update page for the Cloak & Dagger release, but between dealing with all of the pain and keeping my focus and just being very tired, I'm just not up for it right at this time, so I'm just going to post the release files here on Atariage and hopefully I'll do an update to my Cloak & Dagger page sometime soon.

Read the previous posts and understand, this game was only about 50% complete, enjoy.

post-23-1235671579_thumb.jpg

Cloak___Dagger.zip

Curt

• Like 1

I wanted to do a nice update page for the Cloak & Dagger release, but between dealing with all of the pain and keeping my focus and just being very tired, I'm just not up for it right at this time, so I'm just going to post the release files here on Atariage and hopefully I'll do an update to my Cloak & Dagger page sometime soon.

Read the previous posts and understand, this game was only about 50% complete, enjoy.

Cloak___Dagger.zip

Curt

Thanks as always Curt! Was that the original label on the disk? Maybe Leonard tried to load cloak with the load"cloak",8,1 command :)

Cloak___Dagger.zip

Curt

Thanks as always Curt! Was that the original label on the disk? Maybe Leonard tried to load cloak with the load"cloak",8,1 command :)

Eh up, who let that commodore user in here...LOL