IGNORED

Atari BASIC Help File

Bill Lange

I've been working on a Windows Help file for Atari BASIC that can be used with the Atari800WinPlus emulator. I've attached the .hlp and .cnt file if anyone wants to take a look at it and give any suggestions.

Right now, it is basically a collection of tables, such as keywords, error codes, graphics modes ....

I'd like to include screen shots of the Atari800WinPlus emulator, but the .bmp files are way too big. Can anyone suggest a free .bmp to .png file coversion program?

[updated Attachment]

Thanks

WRL

ataribasic.zip

It looks good on my end, the tables of error codes, graphic modes, and atascii chars. are handy to have on the desktop.

I'll play around with it some more and see if I have any suggestions, right now I noticed that some of the Basic commands were not coming up with definitions but you may have not finished them all yet.

I'd like to include screen shots of the Atari800WinPlus emulator, but the .bmp files are way too big.  Can anyone suggest a free .bmp to .png file coversion program?

Thanks

WRL

I'm pretty sure that The Gimp does this conversion, I had it installed on a Linux partition at home and it worked well but I haven't used it in awhile since I have photoshop. There's a free Windows version here: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

edit: I just installed the gimp on Windows2k and it does do this conversion, you need to install the 2 main files from the installer download page to get it going.

Nice. I used Gimp over a year ago under Linux. I didn't know that there was a Win32 version. Thanks for the 411.

I also plan on creating a Help file for the Atari Assembler Editor cartridge so I'll be modifing the tables to include HEX info for the character sets and graphics modes so that I can reuse the .rtf file.

I haven't finished all the BASIC keyword popups yet hence the errors that your seeing.

WRL

• 2 weeks later...