IGNORED

Colecovision Fans> I have Wing War, but the game plays Moonsweeper

Phantom

Has anyone known this to have happened in the past? I would assume if it were a factory mixup, that more than one cart was produced like this before they figured it out.

Anyone else have a similar occurance whether it be the same situation

or a different game that was not tampered with?

I cant know 100% that it never was tampered with but I can say that I am 99% sure this cart has never been opened by anyone so I am fairly sure this was a mixup over at Imagic and either way, I am not selling it, Im curious to know how often this may have occured?

I am curious if this occurs often or anyone have similar stories

on Colecovision and/or Imagic games? So please share. Thanks :)

Edited by Phantom

I am curious if this occurs often or anyone have similar stories

on Colecovision and/or Imagic games? So please share. Thanks :)

I never had this happen personally, but it sounds like just a mix-up at the factory. It happens.

Yea thats what I think but I would also think that an entire batch got sent out like this.

When I worked at Sony, and idiots didnt pay attention, they would put the wrong spindle in the machine and package an entire spindle of CDs or PS games, usually CDs and then they would come back because someone bought Ice Cube and got Willie Nelson, we'd all get rheemed no matter what shift did it but point is, that I figure that if it happened to this cart, that more probably got out. Curious if anyone has this exact screw up.

* I should point out that a Spindle holds like 1000 CDs. It maybe more or maybe less as I forget the exact amount one holds but point being, that it is a fair amount that would get sent out messed up and the entire shipment would be recalled. I dont know how Imagic did their packaging but comparing my Sony Experiences, I thought it could be alot that got out if they had the boards in big bunches ready to go into carts.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased a copy of Wing War, and when I plugged it in it is Moonsweeper as well. The case looks real good and there are no signs of it being tampered with. I wonder how common this is? :ponder:

Common enough to have two copies pop up within a year or so, apparently. Sounds like it was more than a one-off mistake and Imagic had part of a run that was botched.