I started working on my 6th VCS game project "KITE!" and would like to tell you about the current version.
- I think that the sports of Kiting was not covered by any videogame so far and hope that this game is something new in videogames. To my knowledge the only reference of a kite in a videogame is in the unreleased prototype of "Good luck, Charlie Brown".
- You control the game with two joysticks. One joystick for every hand. Pushing back the joystick makes you pull the connected line of this hand and make the kite turn and move on screen.
- You have to collect dots and avoid colliding with birds, lightning and the ground.
- You are not able to control your kite when you made too many loopings in the same direction, so you have to loop into the other direction again and remember the amount of loopings you made.
- The dots to be collected are sometimes positioned randomly and sometimes moving directly below the cloud or the bird.
I'm currently working on the different levels and the introduction screen. Soundeffects need to be done.
The game is designed as a 4 kb game.