IGNORED

PacMan Jr. for 7800 discovered!

Wickeycolumbus

There are a number of possibilities. For all we know, their license to produce the software might have expired. Granted, that's a longshot...but the fact is that we don't have the facts. Or (and this seems quite a bit more likely) that the existing Pac-titles were not selling like hotcakes at the time...to be able to justify a production on the sequel game. Heck, maybe their contract with GCC was limited to a given number of titles that Atari had to decide on through a per-year basis?

FROM THE DIGITAL PRESS GUIDE: · According to 7800 GCC designer Steve Golson, the programmers had an early in-house version that instead of showing Junior disappear (when you lost a life), the propeller on his hat chopped him into little bloody pieces! {Steve Golson}

So that shows it was a GCC title and that it really does exist.

It's a shame they didn't finish/release it (7800 version). Jr. Pac Man is my favorite in the series, not that I'm any good at it.

Even at a time when older Pac Mans seemed old and dull, Jr Pac Man would have still been a pretty impressive game. I know I would have wanted it.

I think we need to see some video on this. I want to see him connect the 7800 to the TV, plug in the cart, power it up and play a few minutes before I'm convinced. :ponder:

Yea, me too. I really think this is some kind of April fools joke where they just Photoshopped an arcade picture.

Allan

I think we need to see some video on this. I want to see him connect the 7800 to the TV, plug in the cart, power it up and play a few minutes before I'm convinced. :ponder:

Yea, me too. I really think this is some kind of April fools joke where they just Photoshopped an arcade picture.

Allan

I've not yet jumped for joy.

• 2 weeks later...