Photo

Brand new Lynx?

9 replies to this topic

#1 hirushubi OFFLINE  

hirushubi

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:53 PM

Ok guys, So i'm looking for a brand new Lynx...Where should I look besides ebay? Are the systems that Songbird productions sell really brand new?

#2 Tom-Lynx OFFLINE  

Tom-Lynx

Dragonstomper

• 715 posts

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:46 AM

Songbird is very honest and reliable. If they have any Lynx's for sale that are advertised as New, then they really are New. But they could be out.

#3 JCGhitman11 OFFLINE  

JCGhitman11

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Mon Jun 1, 2009 4:03 PM

Ok guys, So i'm looking for a brand new Lynx...Where should I look besides ebay? Are the systems that Songbird productions sell really brand new?

I bought an Atari Lynx from them and they assured me it was brand new. It looked like dirt and the worst I have ever bought. I even asked him to send me the best he had.... Just be careful :cool:

#4 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• 1,185 posts

Posted Mon Jun 1, 2009 7:56 PM

I bought an Atari Lynx from them and they assured me it was brand new. It looked like dirt and the worst I have ever bought. I even asked him to send me the best he had.... Just be careful :cool:

I stand behind everything I sell, and I believe this was the first system I've had returned to me for cosmetic reasons in 11 years of doing business. He asked to return the unit for a refund, and I obliged. I was able to sell the exact same unit a few weeks later to a happy customer, so life is good. :)

That was my last unit in stock at that time. Since then, I've acquired 5 brand new boxed Lynx II units and have them for sale on my Songbird website. Check it out; I guarantee you won't be disappointed with the quality of these units. ;)

#5 Battlezone OFFLINE  

Battlezone

Moonsweeper

• 386 posts

Posted Tue Jun 2, 2009 6:37 AM

Recently I owned many new units and sometimes I found some little imperfections on some of them: little scratches on the cartridge slot or on the plastic screen cover (removed with polish)... and I've to say that the units seemed to be really new.
Don't know if Atari used perfect and imperfect plastic parts to assembled the Lynx units... and don't know what was happened when Atari closed the factory and sold all the warehouse.
About the dust under the cover.. I think 1 little grain is acceptable, remember Lynx units were assembled by hands.

I can't remember the Lynx units bought in the early 90's, when Lynx was still in production. I bought just one unit, and if I remember correctly, I replaced it the same day I bought it because It had a stuck pixel on the LCD. I thought it was a defect but the replacement had it too :) I'm speaking about 17-18 years ago :roll:

Edited by Battlezone, Tue Jun 2, 2009 6:51 AM.

#6 im_reg OFFLINE  

im_reg

Moonsweeper

• 457 posts

Posted Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:36 PM

I'd say Telegames is the best place for a brand new Lynx.

#7 Battlezone OFFLINE  

Battlezone

Moonsweeper

• 386 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 AM

GoAtari www.goatari.com still have new Lynx 2 units at a resonable price (79,00 USD, but you can try to ask a discount). He sold for years the set with Rygar pic on the console box. Boxes have not the serial number, units have it. Probrably he bought them separately, when Atari closed and sold the warehouse.

You can try to e-mail him... but he could take many time to reply.

Edited by Battlezone, Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:47 AM.

#8 Swiltz OFFLINE  

Swiltz

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 AM

Hello to all! I'm looking for a brand new Lynx... found some here in Germany ( or in UK ) but prices are crazy: about 160 euro!! In these times of crisis It's an heresy for a new but 20years old console. So I'm looking to USA now... last year I know GoAtari had them for 79,00 dollars each... it's an honest price but as I can read Go Atari no longer exists. B&C and Best Electronics does not list them on their website. Where I can find a new lynx at an honest price? I will not buy one at the european prices. Thank you guys!

Edited by Swiltz, Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:04 AM.

#9 Battlezone OFFLINE  

Battlezone

Moonsweeper

• 386 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 AM

Try to contact B&C, they got all the GOATARI stock... there were about 120-140 new Lynx units in that stock. Or try http://members.tcq.n...eo61/index.html

I agree with you about some european prices... the best way to fight them is... don't buy :) It's sad to say but in these times better pay 40-45 euro for a good used Lynx and take the other 120 euro for other things.

#10 MrBland OFFLINE  

MrBland

Moonsweeper

• 440 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2012 10:55 PM

I just bought a new Lynx I from Best Electronics roughly a month ago.

Just checked the site they still have new Lynx I but it looks like the new Lynx IIs are out.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users