Version 0.3.4 Win32 (EXE) date 2009-04-11 : cvgraphictoolkit_w32.zip

Version 0.3.4 Java (JAR) date 2009-04-11 : cvgraphictoolkit_jar.zip

Version 0.3.3 Win32 (EXE) date 2009-04-05 : cvgraphictoolkit_w32.zip

Version 0.3.3 Java (JAR) date 2009-04-05 : cvgraphictoolkit_jar.zip

Version 0.3.2 Win32 (EXE) date 2009-04-04 : cvgraphictoolkit_w32.zip

Version 0.3.2 Java (JAR) date 2009-04-04 : cvgraphictoolkit_jar.zip

Version 0.3.0 Win32 (EXE) date 2009-03-31 : cvgraphictoolkit_w32.zip

Version 0.3.0 Java (JAR) date 2009-03-31 : cvgraphictoolkit_jar.zip

ColecoVision Graphics Toolkit (beta v0.3.4)

+ CV Paint 2 : A rewrite of my tool CV Paint with some improvements and some parts missing. Can't convert transparent colors from clipboard images, but otherwise it works pretty well.

+ CV Sprites 2 : A sprites editor where you can draw sprites patterns, put them on background image, color them and see if you can manage the limit of 4 sprites in a row. can be used to polish a bitmap screen, add animations on screen or even create objets made with sprites for your game (if you know what you are doing in your coding).

This toolkit is in very early stage of development and is published for essentialy testing purpose and see if programmers like it or not.

Your question : Why merging the bitmap and sprites editors in a single tool?

My answer : To not multiply the number of softwares in your development kit.

I will take a look at your questions and comments about this first version before continuing the project. If I'm getting no question or comment during the day, I will assume it's not useful and then not necessary to put more energy in this project for the moment.

Screenshots of CV Graphics Toolkit v0.3.4

post-3651-1239558628_thumb.pngpost-3651-1239558003_thumb.png

Edited by newcoleco

Hi Daniel,

This week end i have created my own sprite editor for coleco because i have specific needs for my current project and the ICVGM303 i used previouly was not convinient for me (the sprite part, the screen part is perfect!)

(i will make it available for everybody once completed and polished).

But my tool is just for sprites , and i don't have the ability to put it on Screen directly as do your new tool. This feature is really interresting. And very helpful to place sprite on screen in the code.

Nice work!

Hi Daniel,

This week end i have created my own sprite editor for coleco because i have specific needs for my current project and the ICVGM303 i used previouly was not convinient for me (the sprite part, the screen part is perfect!)

(i will make it available for everybody once completed and polished).

But my tool is just for sprites , and i don't have the ability to put it on Screen directly as do your new tool. This feature is really interresting. And very helpful to place sprite on screen in the code.

I would love to try your tool(s), please keep us informed.

About this toolkit, I did publish a new version v0.3.2

What's new?

+ Open DAT file as well, with the sprites editor, but can't save back into DAT file format.

+ Export to C

+ Add options for the sprites pattern editor part like mirror and rotate.

The major reason why my program do not save back to a DAT file is because the actual ICVGM tools do not support sprites attributes. The solution is to use the new graphics toolkit default sprites file format to deal with the sprites attributes part... and also the sprites patterns part if you modify the patterns when displaying sprites on screen with the toolkit. Maybe I'm not clear enough, so I will try to repeat : load DAT file, dispose sprites as you wish on the screen, and save the result into the toolkit default file format.

TODO ?

+ Add support for multiple sprites attributes tables (can be used to do an animated screen with sprites)

+ Fixing bugs if any.

Thank you for trying my tool and giving feedback as well!

Edited by newcoleco

Hi newcoleco,

I haven't tried it yet, but it's a great idea to be able to overlay the sprites on top of the "character" background. Very useful for splash screens, to help circumvent the 2 colour limit within a character width.

Thanks,

5-11under

I think you should try it now. The sprites editor is almost complete and seems already functional.

The sprites editor section is almost stable, but not fully tested yet.

What's new?

+ Added multiple tables support. Each table can contain up to 32 sprites (limit number of sprites on screen).

Note : I said earlier in another thread that I will update the devkit as well, but I didn't make any progress yet. In the new devkit version, you will be able to use a bigrun2vram function to be able to use the data you get when asking to compress with bigrun method instead of rle compression. Because the bigrun method is too new, I do suggest to not use it seriously for now... I will probably change one thing or two in it to make it more efficient based on my experiments I will do when working back on the devkit.

What's next?

Q.: What is your wish of what to do next? What is your urgent needs? What is missing in this tool?

I guess I will eventually work on a charset editor part... but I want first to make this version stable so please test it on your computers.

About version 0.3.4, date 2009-04-11...

... this version is about a tiny bug fix you may not experienced yet : one of the sprites changed pattern in a table when sliding to another sprites table with less sprites in it. That bug was caused by the program trying to update the pattern scroller and sprite# slider at the same time.

I don't know for you but since version 0.3.3, I discover less bugs even with the multiple tables support. I did have found a problem when dealing with loading back a sprites file, but it looks like it was a glitch I didn't experience in version 0.3.4 after fixing the tiny changing sprite pattern glitch... so, everything seems to be fine.

What's new in v0.3.4

BUGFIX : sprite pattern attribute changing when scrolling through multiple tables

BUGFIX : clean button icons instead of seeing letters like C or dots behind them.

Know issues :

1 - For Mac users, open the jar file and run "mod_MAIN.class"

2 - For Mac users, copy from clipboard seems to not work as a compatibility issue with Java.

Anybody want to test under Linux to tell me if there are other issues about this tool?

Edited by newcoleco

• 4 years later...