Photo

Who owns a Stunt Cycle or Atari Video Pinball console?

76 replies to this topic

#26 BDW OFFLINE  

BDW

River Patroller

• 2,880 posts

Posted Thu May 21, 2009 5:46 PM

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!!!!! :x

#27 calfranklin OFFLINE  

calfranklin

Moonsweeper

• 351 posts

Posted Mon Jun 1, 2009 10:45 PM

I own the Video Pinball with box and manual, but the power adapter is not orginal. Still trying to find the Stunt Cycle console.

#28 mcjakeqcool OFFLINE  

mcjakeqcool

Dragonstomper

• 594 posts

Posted Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:04 AM

Not me. Though I would like to get one (or both)!

#29 yuppicide OFFLINE  

yuppicide

I am the Black Knight. Give me your money!

• 6,933 posts

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:58 AM

I had both of the. Bought the both in the early to mid 90's for around $10 each.. definitely under $20 each. I played the a few times, then never again.

#30 Polybius OFFLINE  

Polybius

Moonsweeper

• 341 posts
  • Making Nightmares since 1981

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2009 1:41 PM

I am looking for both the Stunt Cycle and the video pinball. who is selling? :?:

#31 Benzman66 OFFLINE  

Benzman66

Moonsweeper

• 408 posts

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2009 3:14 PM

I bought my Tele Games video pinball console NEW back in the 80s and still have it. Looks and works like the day I bought it. A few months ago, I bought the Atari white video pinball console off Ebay for $5 in mint condition & works perfect, then a few days later, got the same deal again, and bought that one too.

So now I have three, all sitting at the foot of my bed.

#32 birdie3 OFFLINE  

birdie3

River Patroller

• 2,103 posts
  • Atari is good.

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2009 10:50 PM

I own two video pinball machines, one is telegames and the other is atari. Still need a Stunt Cycle.

Edited by birdie3, Fri Aug 7, 2009 10:50 PM.

#33 Retro Rogue OFFLINE  

Retro Rogue

River Patroller

• 3,442 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:01 PM

I bought my Tele Games video pinball console NEW back in the 80s and still have it. Looks and works like the day I bought it. A few months ago, I bought the Atari white video pinball console off Ebay for $5 in mint condition & works perfect, then a few days later, got the same deal again, and bought that one too.

Almost as creepy as the Geico dollar bill guy. I can see it now -

"Honey, what happened to the money we could be saving with Geico guy that used to be at the end of our bed?"

Posted Image

"Oh, he's gone. Traded him in for three video pinball consoles."

Edited by wgungfu, Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:01 PM.

#34 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 PM

Almost as creepy as the Geico dollar bill guy. I can see it now -

"Honey, what happened to the money we could be saving with Geico guy that used to be at the end of our bed?"

Posted Image

"Oh, he's gone. Traded him in for three video pinball consoles."

That is a commercial I want to see reach fruition! :cool:

I have the Sears version with 4 paddle controllers for the built in Pong VI. If anyone wants to see it I'll post pics. I don't tend to see too many of these around online. It's a nice little console.

I won an auction for a NIB one a few months ago and then the seller never shipped it. BASTARD! :x

#35 pongbeat OFFLINE  

pongbeat

Moonsweeper

• 288 posts

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 AM

I've got both of them...boxed.
The white and brown pinball, and the stunt cycle. But i didn't really play as it was more for collection. And i had to order them to Usa as i live in France !

#36 stunt cycle fan OFFLINE  

stunt cycle fan

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:19 PM

Hello, brand new member. Just bought a Stunt Cycle upright arcade game this week on ebay. Picked it up the next day! Been looking for almost 10 years for a working one!

Later, Scott (Nebraska)

#37 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:09 PM

Hello, brand new member. Just bought a Stunt Cycle upright arcade game this week on ebay. Picked it up the next day! Been looking for almost 10 years for a working one!

Later, Scott (Nebraska)

Welcome aboard!

Please post some pics of your arcade machine... I love the 70s look of the arcade cabinet. :)

#38 calfranklin OFFLINE  

calfranklin

Moonsweeper

• 351 posts

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 PM

Just curious how many people have these systems and play them.

I have both the Stunt Cycle and Video Pinball (White version). I play the Video Pinball one a few times a month.

I own the boxed Video Pinball console (woodgrain). It appears to be superior to the 2600 version. I haven't been lucky enough to win the bid on the Stunt Cycle console yet, though I have seen them go for $20-$50 on Ebay in the past year.

#39 calfranklin OFFLINE  

calfranklin

Moonsweeper

• 351 posts

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:42 PM

Later, Scott (Nebraska)

Scott, how close are you to Fremont, NE? I would love to see this arcade machine. Just courious, how much did this upright set you back?

#40 ninermaniac OFFLINE  

ninermaniac

River Patroller

• 2,151 posts
  • ATARI NUT

Posted Sun Sep 6, 2009 7:10 PM

Does Telegames Version count? :D
Also, here are a couple of my loose Pinballs.

BTW: I love that avatar calfranklin! ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Stunt cycle.jpg
  • Pinball.jpg

#41 Hatta OFFLINE  

Hatta

Stargunner

• 1,342 posts

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:14 PM

Wow, lots of nebraskans here. I'm in Omaha myself. I've got the Pinball breakaway, and a Super-pong. For non-atari pong machines I've got the Odyssey 300 and an APF-TV fun. Unfortunately I have no AC adaptor for the APF-TV fun. Anyone know what that thing takes?

#42 slydc OFFLINE  

slydc

Chopper Commander

• 126 posts

Posted Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 AM

I have the Atari Video Pinball (white-cream version) but i've sold the Atari Stunt Cycle some time ago because it is the
same games found in the GI AY-3-8765 (also AY-3-8760) that is one of the two chips found in the Sears Motocross system.

But i have a request to any who has an Atari Stunt Cycle. I found out that the Atari Stunt Cycle has a dedicated game chip
called "C010730-07". Can anyone open up their Atari Stunt Cycle and tell me how many pins it has (28-pins ??) and the logo
or company written on it (AMI ??) or better yet, take simply a picture of the game chip!

Because i greatly suspect that Atari relabeled a General Instrument (GI) AY-38760 and put the code "C010730-07" on their
game chip. Which, if is true, would be the first time that Atari didn't released a game chip by AMI in North America.

But the Atari Hockey Pong (model C-121)(1976) was released ONLY in Europe and uses a GI AY-3-8500 (PAL
version of the AY-3-8500-1), this one is ultimately rare to find in Europe. For pictures, check here:
http://www.mr-atari..../ponghockey.jpg

Anyone can help me out with this request PPLLEEEAASSSEEEE??!!! (for historical and database information)

--- Sly DC ---

Edited by slydc, Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:45 AM.

#43 Christopher T Leach OFFLINE  

Christopher T Leach

Moonsweeper

• 277 posts
  • Are those "MY" toys you are playing with?

Posted Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 AM

I have a brand new near mint box for video pinball...but nothing inside of it to play...

How much and is it worth it should I pay to get one for my nice looking box?

#44 SoundGammon OFFLINE  

SoundGammon

Stargunner

• 1,378 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2009 11:21 AM

I've got 2 video pinball units, one got hacked with a PlayStation controller so I could play all those cool pinball games with flipper buttons! Now' I'm going to hack it again with a PS3 controller to play that real cool new Williams compilation!

#45 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,938 posts

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:22 PM

Got a carton full of the video pinball units nib sealed. I'll dump them at the local tech college, I'm sure folks there can learn from them or provide them with a suitable home.

#46 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

Quadrunner

• 6,856 posts
  • 5200 OE HSC Mod

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:42 AM

I had the sears version of the Video Pinball. That was my favorite stand-alone unit. Should've never sold it... :sad:

#47 Rob Mitchell OFFLINE  

Rob Mitchell

River Patroller

• 2,854 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 PM

I've got 2 video pinball units, one got hacked with a PlayStation controller so I could play all those cool pinball games with flipper buttons! Now' I'm going to hack it again with a PS3 controller to play that real cool new Williams compilation!

One of mine was broken .. so I hacked it to work with the 2600, Vectrex, Bally Astrocade pinball games .. I installed a tilt device also ..

On top I installed a driver controller spinner to play tempest games .. hot glued some pennies into the cap for some angular spin momentum ...

Rob

Edited by Rob Mitchell, Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 PM.

#48 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

Quadrunner

• 5,225 posts
  • “Rotten wood cannot be carved”

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 PM

I do not own either, but I do have a very nice looking box for Atari video pinball system....?

#49 slydc OFFLINE  

slydc

Chopper Commander

• 126 posts

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 PM

Anyone can help me out with this request PPLLEEEAASSSEEEE??!!! (for historical and database information)

--- Sly DC ---

Well, i finally got my answer from the all-mighty guru of Atari (No...not Nolan) so thanks
anyway guys. :)

--- Sly DC ---

#50 lucifershalo OFFLINE  

lucifershalo

River Patroller

• 3,051 posts

Posted Sun May 9, 2010 2:52 PM

just got a cheap boxed STUNT CYCLE

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users