excalibur36_1b.bin

excalibur36_1a.bin

excalibur1b.bin

excalibur1a.bin

labyrinth2a.bin

labyrinth2b.bin

8)

• 2 weeks later...

I need to re check the b sides if Fireball. I think I saw some glitches in one that didn't show up in the other but maybe my eyes are deceiving me.

Small update: Pictures of these will be posted in zip format in the first post within the hour. Check back for it.

Sorry I've slipped a bit on this, I've been a little tied up lately. I will try to get more screenshots done and also I will try to get some write ups of the games made.

Edited by shadow460

I mean to do full reviews for these prototypes when I get a chance, but much like Shadow, I've been really busy as of late.

STOP FINDING PROTOTYPES!!! :)

Tempest

Hey, what's this odd cart I found at Mary's last weekend? It has a handwritten label but it's torn. I can make out "...ri 78..." and "...trocop..." written in ink on it. Ideas?

Just kidding. :D

EDIT: I did start a write up for that early Labyrinth. I need to revisit that and play around with the game some more. I played Phaser Patrol quite a lot for a few days but I never managed to trigger the second load.

Edited by shadow460

I mean to do full reviews for these prototypes when I get a chance, but much like Shadow, I've been really busy as of late.

STOP FINDING PROTOTYPES!!! :)

Tempest

Hey, what's this odd cart I found at Mary's last weekend? It has a handwritten label but it's torn. I can make out "...ri 78..." and "...trocop..." written in ink on it. Ideas?

Just kidding. :D

EDIT: I did start a write up for that early Labyrinth. I need to revisit that and play around with the game some more. I played Phaser Patrol quite a lot for a few days but I never managed to trigger the second load.

Any help would be appreciated. The Supercharger games are much more complex to review than standard 2600 games, and since I never had one growing up, I'm not all that familiar with them. It's easier to spot differences when you've played the released version before.

BTW this offer is open to everyone. If you want to help me out on some of these games (or find something I missed in others), shoot me an email or PM. I'll add your name to my thanks page and I'll be eternally grateful. I'm just too busy these days...

Tempest

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does Eckhard still need to convert some side 2 stuff to .bin format or is everything converted now?

I added all different .bins to the V5 collection now.

8)

Some tapes have more than one load per side. The additional loads still need to be converted. The WAV files that shadow460 posted wouldn't convert with the current version of Makebin, and unfortunately I didn't have time to work on the Makebin code yet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does Eckhard still need to convert some side 2 stuff to .bin format or is everything converted now?

I added all different .bins to the V5 collection now.

8)

Some tapes have more than one load per side. The additional loads still need to be converted. The WAV files that shadow460 posted wouldn't convert with the current version of Makebin, and unfortunately I didn't have time to work on the Makebin code yet.

This worries me a bit. Whoever ends up with that Excalibur with the second load on it may have to re-digitze the signal from it. I'll be able to copy the audio tracks from Phaser Patrol and Labyrinth as needed.

• 3 months later...

Whoa! New look.

I have dumped six more tapes. Two of them seem close to the normal versions, they are Suicide Mission and Phaser Patrol. Communist Mutants gave me a red screen, but I think that is because it was trying to bankswitch and I forgot to set the Supercharger to normal mode. Fireball is another three load cassette, two on side B and one on side A. Labyrinth is similar to the proto where you can only walk around a tiny bit of Maze 3. Killer Satellites is similar to the proto in post #1, but there are some minor graphical differences and it's easier (IMO) to launch the ship.

I will get these converted to mp3 files and zipped, then posted. I let one of the Fireball loads run a little long, though, so there's some blank space at the end of it. All recordings are 16 bit mono IIRC. :)

Look out below! :D

communist_mutants.zip

killer_satellites.zip

labyrinth.zip

phaser_patrol.zip

suicide_mission.zip

fireball1.zip

fireball2.zip

Edited by shadow460

Whoa! New look.

I have dumped six more tapes. Two of them seem close to the normal versions, they are Suicide Mission and Phaser Patrol. Communist Mutants gave me a red screen, but I think that is because it was trying to bankswitch and I forgot to set the Supercharger to normal mode. Fireball is another three load cassette, two on side B and one on side A. Labyrinth is similar to the proto where you can only walk around a tiny bit of Maze 3. Killer Satellites is similar to the proto in post #1, but there are some minor graphical differences and it's easier (IMO) to launch the ship.

I will get these converted to mp3 files and zipped, then posted. I let one of the Fireball loads run a little long, though, so there's some blank space at the end of it. All recordings are 16 bit mono IIRC. :)

Look out below! :D

Nice.

Will these be converted to .bin files as well?

8)

• 14 years later...

Bumping this because I'm confused on exactly how many tapes were found and how many different prototypes there are.  Can someone make a list or summarize this for me?  Did we ever figure out what was going on with those inaccessible second loads?  

I see lots of files posted but I'm not sure which ones are bad and which are good.  I'm also confused as to which tapes had dates and which did not.

• 2 weeks later...