IGNORED

7800 - Easter game

GroovyBee

I'm working through my todo list and getting this going on a real machine has been on there for a long time.

Find attached the lastest ROM images :-

hhh_16_01_10.1.06.a78

hhh_16_01_10.1.06.bin

CC2 owners will need this information :-

7800_32K 78BIOS

Some screenshots :-

post-21935-126365611667_thumb.gifpost-21935-126365613088_thumb.gif

post-21935-126365614034_thumb.gif

The game uses the latest version of my engine. It works in PAL and NTSC. The background graphics have all been converted to 160A mode (3 colours). Jumping still needs work and it needs more levels too. I had it working in the summer but it wasn't in a shape to release because it was on the ragged edge of MARIA cycle time (the moving sprites weren't always drawn correctly :(). This version also needs a DLI to change the score/lives colours too.

I'm getting some junk showing up on the second level. Not sure exactly what ends up causing it. I think it probably has something to do with the player and chicken taking up the same line at the same time or something but obviously not just that or it would happen a lot.

Edited by HammR25

I'm getting some junk showing up on the second level. Not sure exactly what ends up causing it. I think it probably has something to do with the player and chicken taking up the same line at the same time or something but obviously not just that or it would happen a lot.

Thanks for the bug report. I thought I'd got rid of that problem. I'll take another look.

Tried it on real hardware and seems to work great! Only difficulty I had was getting on and off the ladders sometimes.

The controls do need a bit of work. Getting it going on real hardware was the first priority.

Another stylish game!

Thanks for the compliment.

Looking forward to your updated APPLE SNAFFLE and the HALLOWEEN game!

A binary for the halloween themed game should be available in a couple of weeks.

Wow GroovyBee, you have your hands full with all these releases coming! I recently purchased a 7800 and as soon as I get it, I'll be in the market for some games and your WASP homebrew may be one of the first I get! Keep up the good work!

HHH looks like a fun platformer (which is one of my favorite types of games!) so I'll keep a close eye on it for sure!

The controls do need a bit of work. Getting it going on real hardware was the first priority.

I didn't find it unplayable or anything ... just occasionally tricky to get on and off the ladders.

A binary for the halloween themed game should be available in a couple of weeks.

Awesome! Can't wait to see all those colors on the screen!

• 5 months later...