IGNORED

Paddles Games

Ok folks, now that i've repaired my paddles I'm looking for a list of games that use them... found this old thread but there are no files/lists shown for some reason.

Here's a few I have already:

Clowns and Baloons

Avalanche

Super Breakout

Kaboom

Perfected Pong

Plattermania

Space Eggs

Chicken

Edited by therealbountybob

Well,

as always, if you are searching games for a certain controller, you mostly find a list in the A8FAQ... there is of course one for Paddles... and err, also as always, the list in the A8FAQ is incomplete and rarely lists the newest games... Besides, the link you mentioned was for a topic I started some time ago, but in the meanwhile I have removed all the attachments.

Anyways, here is the link to the A8FAQ: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/ there it`s section 8.7 What programs make use of paddle controllers ?

And err, here are some paddle programs... (only some that I have)... -Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Night Driver - http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5916 (You can select a paddle)

Thanks for all the replies... have been playing some of those games Andreas. I have found a couple more games supporting paddles in my collection: Spy's Demise and Pool 1.5 (Translator) and on one Page 6 PD Issue 14's Frog. When I'm done will send an updated list to the AtariFAQ - great link.

XXL as for Night Driver, I had a go on this before with the joystick and thought it too hard to control at speed, BUT with the paddle it is excellent, mindblowingly fast but now controllable! The only downside is having to change gears on the joystick at the same time... though suppose it's more realistic having a wheel and a gear stick :ponder: Give it a try folks... nothing to stop you sticking some sort of steering wheel to the the paddle :ponder: could even build a whole car with hydraulic assistance... gone too far... ok... Just an idea but maybe you could make a combination of clicks change the gears... maybe :?: Great to see new games for the 8-bit Atari :cool:

BRYAN - Castle Crisis looks a good game: similar to Warlords Will give this a bash too. Thanks.

ALLAS - I have an ST mouse somewhere so will take a look, thanks.

BRYAN - Castle Crisis looks a good game: similar to Warlords Will give this a bash too. Thanks.

Actually, I tried to make it like this Warlords. :D

Ahhh. Just been playing it, yes great work, it's good fun... will have some real life opponents to practice on over the weekend :) Have you worked on any other Atari games?

Actually, I tried to make it like this Warlords. :D

Ahhh. Just been playing it, yes great work, it's good fun... will have some real life opponents to practice on over the weekend :) Have you worked on any other Atari games?

The last major thing I completed was the conversion of MULE to the 5200. I have several projects I'd like to work on, but life gets in the way. :(

• Like 1

Not exactly paddles, but this fun game can be played with an Atari ST mouse. It feels better.

post-6191-1240272597_thumb.png

padnoid.zip

Padnoid

Do you have to press anything to select the mouse or is it auto-detected?

On a real machine, you need only to connect the st mouse. But i have not tested.

On a emulator\, you need to configure the PC mouse as ST mouse. ONce enter the game you should press F12 to active/desactivate ST mouse simulation

Not exactly paddles, but this fun game can be played with an Atari ST mouse. It feels better.

padnoid.zip

Padnoid

On a real machine, you need only to connect the st mouse. But i have not tested.

On a emulator\, you need to configure the PC mouse as ST mouse. ONce enter the game you should press F12 to active/desactivate ST mouse simulation

padnoid.zip

Padnoid

Just tried it on real machine-- works fine with Atari ST mouse connected to first joystick port of 800XL. Plays like Arkanoid on Amiga.

I'm still trying out all the paddles games before I do some sort of review... have a few that I'm struggling to find, if anyone can help:

• Super Clown (copy I have is corrupt)
  • Uranium Core
  • States and Capitals (I have the keyboard ver)
  • Word Radar

And a few that I can't sus out:

• Asteraxis 2K - I cannot seem to get this to work - downloaded it to MyDOS disk but game loads says to press fire on paddle controller (only paddle 2 seems to start it), then can only fire with paddle 1 and no movement? Anyone got this working on a real Atari :?:
  • Body Parts - wow a dodgy drinking orgy type game for the Atari - not sure where paddles fit in unless it's for whacking someone... don't suppose anyone will admit to playing this one :lolblue:
  • Ratapede - Is listed on the Atari FAQ as having paddles support but I can't see how to select it - seems more a joystick game as 2d movement?
  • Slime - Again looks like joystick control am I missing something?!

• Ratapede - Is listed on the Atari FAQ as having paddles support but I can't see how to select it - seems more a joystick game as 2d movement?
  • Slime - Again looks like joystick control am I missing something?!

I agree about Slime, I really don't think there's paddles support there.

Ratapede.  Playing with the emulator, I really can't tell what controller(s) it's supposed to work with.  Atari Touch Tablet works pretty well, but no way I could find to fire.  Light Gun also seem promising, and I found that a right mouse click (in the emulator) when using Light Gun makes a second target thing appear on the screen, which can then be moved around with the emulated Gun.  But still no way to fire.  Would be interesting if someone could figure it out.  Most of the copies of it have (p) in the file name.  I wonder... could this be a Prototype/incomplete game??

• Super Clown (copy I have is corrupt)

I found a working Super Clown here:

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/hol...0M-Z/index.html

No sign of paddles support in it, it's a joystick game.

Thanks hunmanik, maybe there is another version kicking about somewhere?

Regarding Ratapede, maybe the p in the filename is for a paddles version?

Anyone got copies of the other games (see above) :?:

Well,

post nr. 4 (see above) includes all my Paddle programs so far. Disk Nr. 3 (Paddles3.ATR) should contain the paddle version of "Super Clown" whereas disk nr. 5 (Paddles5.ATR) should contain the paddle version of Ratapede. If I remember correctly Super Clown was originally a type-in listing and made for joystick control, but there exist some patched versions (at least one I have) that works with paddles. The same is true for Ratapede, originally for joystick controller, there also exists a paddle version...

Regarding the games you are searching...

* Super Clown (copy I have is corrupt)

- hopefully my copy I uploaded here is not corrupt, otherwise let me know and I will upload it again...

* Uranium Core

- I do not know nor have this game...

* States and Capitals (I have the keyboard ver)

- I merely know (and have) the keyboard version (as a copy not as an original)...

* Word Radar

- I do not know nor have this game...

* Asteraxis 2K - I cannot seem to get this to work - downloaded it to MyDOS disk but game loads says to press fire on paddle controller (only paddle 2 seems to start it), then can only fire with paddle 1 and no movement? Anyone got this working on a real Atari

Well, I have not tested this on the real A8 yet, but I will do it this week... stay tuned...

* Body Parts - wow a dodgy drinking orgy type game for the Atari - not sure where paddles fit in unless it's for whacking someone... don't suppose anyone will admit to playing this one...

Hmm, I don`t know nor have this game - can you send me a copy of it or simply upload it here...?!?

* Ratapede - Is listed on the Atari FAQ as having paddles support but I can't see how to select it - seems more a joystick game as 2d movement?

- as said above there exists a paddle version (not sure if the one I have uses paddles - have to test it this week)...

* Slime - Again looks like joystick control am I missing something?!

Hmm, maybe its joystick only - I do not own the game but someone told me it supports paddle controllers, so I listed it in the A8FAQ (maybe the information given to me was wrong)... how about pressing Control-T or Control-... something (like in Missile Command) does that support another controller besides joystick ?!?

greetings, Andreas Koch.

P.S.: My friend Reimund Altmayer once patched "Super Clown" for use with paddles and showed me the new version (on a demo-disk for a controller called Powerpad) and I replied to him that I already had a paddle-version of Super Clown. So I thought the paddle version of that game is well known and easy to find (or easy to make) - maybe it is not...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Thanks for all the replies... have been playing some of those games Andreas. I have found a couple more games supporting paddles in my collection: Spy's Demise and Pool 1.5 (Translator) and on one Page 6 PD Issue 14's Frog. When I'm done will send an updated list to the AtariFAQ - great link.

Hmm,

afaik this "Frog" game from Page 6 can also be found in my collection uploaded in post 4 - see disk nr. 1 (PAddles1.ATR), there it is named "Frogfly.BAS" - just tested it on the emulator and found out it is indeed the same game (my version does not show the author at startup however)... -Andreas Koch.