IGNORED

online rarity guide/guesstimate price list for Intellivision

shadow460

OK, since (against my will) my Intellivision collection continues to grow, I wonder if there's an online rarity guide besides the one at DP for the system. No diss to DP, just that sometimes parts of their site are down or the guide is rumored to be out of date.

I'd like to know how rare games such as Stampede and Atlantis are. I know what Stampede has been selling for, but that doesn't tell me how hard to find it is.

OK, since (against my will) my Intellivision collection continues to grow

:?

WTF?

Are your carts reproducing while you're at work or something? Keep the boy carts and girl carts separate then. :P

I can't separate the men and women in those catalogs without ripping the pages out. That's not where my problem lies, though. My problem lies with finding lots that simply don't sell and have the ability to detect coins/bills in my pocket.

Intellivision games just come naturally to me. I don't even have a console.

Intellivision games just come naturally to me.

You know, that's kind of my deal too. Or, it was years ago, anyway. When I was pretty new to collecting, I was looking for Atari (VCS, 5200, it didn't matter), but I'd find Intellivision games almost everywhere I went, for next to nothing (I wish I'd kept that $0.49 Goodwill price tag on Mind Strike, for posterity). Now? Zilch. And if Goodwill does have a loose copy of Astrosmash, they'll want $4.99 for it.

Funny thing about the good old days, is you don't realize they were the good old days until they've passed. :(

Anyway, as to the original topic: Tomorrow's Heroes Intellivision Rarity and Price Guide I'm not sure how old it is or when (if?) it was last updated, but I read through it a bit and it looks about right, based on their listed prices vs. what I've recently paid. And as you can see (and this is the really cool thing about collecting Intellivision), even the "extremely rare" titles can be had for relatively cheap, especially when you compare the prices against Atari VCS cartridges of corresponding rarity. The only glaring problem (which may or may not even be that big a deal) I see with this guide is that the Systems/Hardware section is missing quite a few things, such as the Tandyvision, Sylvania Intellivision, Sears Super Video Arcade, INTV System III, Super Pro System, the ECS computer adapter, the musical keyboard, the World Book Tutorvision (as if it matters), and non-U.S. versions of Intelly hardware.

I hope this helps! :)

Cool. :)

I also noticed that the Tomorrow's Heroes guide is missing some Sears titles (I couldn't find my Sears Triple Action on it; presumably, others are missing too). None of them are rare, though, as far as I know, but I thought I'd throw that out there in case you're a Sears person. :)

(Also, the Sears cartridges and overlays are identical to the Mattel Electronics releases; only the box and manual are different.)

rarityguide.com has lists for most systems and all sorts of other things. It rates rarity and NIB CIB and loose prices. They track auction sites and other sources for prices. It's not perfect but is a decent starting guestimate. For instance loose 2600 commons are listed at $3 - $4 but most prices are in the ballpark.

I thought the Sears labels were square. If you look at Armor Battle, you can see that there's a square label without artwork, and there's another label with that little shield on it.

EDIT: I'm talking about squared off corners, not an actual square label! That would look dumb...

Edited by shadow460

I thought the Sears labels were square. If you look at Armor Battle, you can see that there's a square label without artwork, and there's another label with that little shield on it.

Some are, some aren't. My Sears Triple Action, for instance, has the "normal" rounded corners. Likewise, I've got plenty of boxed Mattel games with squared labels too. It's a crapshoot. :) I know what you're talking about, though; I've got an MLB Baseball whose label is squared and simply reads "Baseball," with no MLB logo or anything. It came with a Mattel box/manual, though. Who knows, though? You may be right. However, since many of my boxed Mattel games came in lots/garage sales/sets, none of which included any Sears boxes or manuals, it's unlikely that someone would have had a complete Sears title, lost the box and manual or something, and found a loose Mattel box and manual to replace them with, especially since they didn't come from collectors. So for the time being, until I find conclusive evidence to the contrary, I consider Sears and Mattel cartridges to be one and the same. :)

Perhaps there's a true Intellivision expert around here who can set the record straight?