IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 17: Bosconian

This game is similar to Time Pilot and Sinistar in that your ship stays in the center of the screen. During flight, you must avoid stationary asteroids and mines. As you progress in levels, the green hexagonal enemy space stations begin to shoot missiles from their cores. When under enemy bases, enemy fighters can change direction at will.

The game features synthesized voice messages: "Blast Off!" (start of round), "Alert! Alert!" (enemy ships approaching), "Battle stations!" (enemy formation attack), "Spy ship sighted" (green triangular bonus enemy), and "Condition Red!" (time-per level exceeded, enemy frenzy).

NOTE: The ROM version is listed as Bosconian New Version. I'm not sure what the difference is:

post-9712-1240751683_thumb.jpg post-9712-1240751690_thumb.png post-9712-1240751698_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Bosconian

Released By: Namco, 1981

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: Bosco

Chosen By: Max_Mad

ROM Location: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/55546/ma...ew-version.html

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

None Yet!

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 198,810 (Max_Mad) [+11]

2. 185,390 (SpiceWare) [+10]

3. 64,700 (Kurt_Woloch) [+9]

4. 142,310 (darthkur) [+8]

5. 87,140 (LarcenTyler) [+7]

6. 53,730 (rxd) [+6]

7. 48,170 (aftermac) [+5]

8. 31,300 (mightymage) [+4]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. SpiceWare [142]

2. aftermac [106]

3. LarcenTyler [79]

4. darthkur [78]

5. Osbo [69]

6. maximebeauvais [54]

7. Kurt_Woloch [48]

8. JellE [46]

9. Shannon [44]

10. Max_Mad [44]

11. Blackjack [38]

12. Dr Galaga [37]

13. theking21803 [26]

14. NE146 [19]

15. maibock [16]

16. rxd [15]

17. Artlover [12]

18. Mister VCS [12]

19. cougar302b [11]

20. PacManPlus [11]

21. Vectorman0 [10]

22. joeypsp [9]

23. LaserHawk [6]

24. MrAtari2600 [5]

Edited by Deteacher

I want to apologize to everyone (again) for not having stuff updated. Being a teacher, this is my wicked busy season, with a lot of "end of year" stuff going on.

I want to thank Aftermac for updating all the scores and sending them to me. He did that all voluntarily and I am so appreciative for his efforts. The current scores are up at the beginning of this thread. As I have time, I'll put in the previous weeks. But now, I have to get ready to go to school to work on set construction for our play.

Enjoy this week's game! :)

Edited by Deteacher

I want to thank Aftermac for updating all the scores and sending them to me. He did that all voluntarily and I am so appreciative for his efforts. The current scores are up at the beginning of this thread. As I have time, I'll put in the previous weeks. But now, I have to get ready to go to school to work on set construction for our play.

No problem 'teach, I'm just glad to make myself useful! If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the play!

I'm not like trying to stir up anything...

But what's with the delay on the closing date and the initial post for the next weeks game? Sundays are really the only day I can spend any decent time playing the game and half the time it's not even posted.... :_(

With the closeout time being noon from the day before, that just seems like a rather large gap.

Just asking because it's making it hard for little 'ol me to participate. :(

Edited by Shannon